April Mummies 2011

:( Gertrude, so sorry hun, so hope next month is more successful xxx

:hugs: Gertrude :(

Caroline, it's an age thing I think with the food. I hear 'don't like it' on a daily basis. Yet if I pretend to pinch some of his meal, he then says 'no, that's mine' & gobbles some down :dohh: Despite all my best efforts with healthy eating, his favourite foods are still your typical kids' meals; fish fingers, potatoes waffles, beans etc. So frustrating! Rex often goes to bed hungry. Although if he hasn't eating anything, I will offer a 'boring' cereal before bed just to fill his tummy.

I'm so thankful to have such a good eater!! Though I hear DONT LIKE IT all the time she almost always eats it. Also I leave her "untouched" dinner out until she falls asleep. If she decides she is hungry then she can have the same food offered. I'm mean lol. Although two weeks ago at my moms she put cookies down for some cucumber slices so I'm doing something right

Go Cottles!!!!; you can do it!

Gertrude I'm really sorry :hugs: I hope this month is it for you.

36 weeks today. Still not ready for this baby. But ready for my body to feel better. I have my 36 week appointment Wednesday. Curious to see the weight gain because I was back to my first appointment weight at my last one. Hoping the weight gain stays down! Especially since I started only 5.5 lbs lighter than when I had Rosie. Would love to weigh less with this one and get an OK head start on losing wright weight after I have this baby

:D yay Dana!

happy 36wks Sam!! def doing something right to pick cucumber over cookies :haha:, I leave alex's dinner out too but its rare he'll go back to it :/. In fact he's started picking up the bowl and scraping it into the bin himself then putting the bowl in the sink :dohh:. Alex went to a bday party last sat and got given some rainbow popcorn sweet things in the party bag, anyway we endured 3 tantrums as he wanted some at inappropriate times of the night/morning, so at lunchtime I allowed him a small amount, he put one in his mouth...went 'yuck, I don't like it' and put the rest in the bin :haha:...then when he saw the rest of the packet in the cupboard later still remembered he didn't like it! if only we'd realised that'd have been the reaction the night before we could have avoided all those tantrums :rofl:

Yeah sazzler I thought theyd have spotted cf ages ago. I didnt even know it could develop in adulthood until yesterday :s knowing the hospital they just like to make me worry lol.

Ollie is horribly fussy with food atm. All he wants to eat is meat, bread and cereal. Says everything else smells lol.

I know a lady of 52 with cf the sticky cells associate with cf affect her particularly in winter with enduring chest infections but otherwise leads a happy for filled.

This evening I have the child from hell constantly slapping me for no reason, try putting her on naughty step and she's accepting it and then says sorry and them hits me. Took her comforters away for a bit til she's nicer she's not bothered! I give up lol tomorrows another day right

:hugs: ria! hope tomorrow is better! I got head butted then laughed at this morning if it makes you feel better :dohH:

Nice to know I'm my alone. She's a monkey at the best of times but today she was something else lol

Eek hope tomorrow is better for the both of you!
Toby's been pretty good today. Tomorrows a different story... DH is working from home and Toby tends to play up on work from home days because he craves his daddy's attention but daddy has to work. I'm off to Pinterest to find creative outlets for cranky children in preparation :haha:

Happy 4th July to you US ladies :) Have fun!

And so the potty training has commenced. 2 hours in & on the 3rd pair of pants! Glad I got 14 pairs from Primark :haha: The last accident, he was on his way to the potty though so that's progress I suppose!

Gl with potty training sazzler!

Been to see ollies consultant and apparently I was right to be worried about his growth... because hes basically not growing! Hes grown .2 of a centimetre in 4 months. Sooo they're gonna do some tests. But my bro was the same. He was the size of a 10 yr old when he was 16 then when hehit 18 he just shot up. So hoping ollies just taking after him. Just a shame they're gonna put him through more tests.

:hugs: gem, fx'ed he's taking after your bro!!

hope today is going ok so far Katherine!

sarah...eek, good luck!! I so not doing potty training yet, although the monkey had taken both his pj bottoms and nappy off this morning when we got him up, thankfully he'd not done a poo...but can you imagine the mess if he had :sick:

Thanks girls! At the halfway point on day 1, we are 4:3 in favour of accidents. But I've had to prompt him to go on the potty every time he's successfully done a wee. No idea if we're making progress or not?!

:haha: Caroline! Good job Alex didn't poo! Eeeeek!

:hugs: Gem. I'm sure the hospital are just being cautious. Hope the tests aren't too painful for Ollie.

Keep going sazzles it just clicks with them all of a sudden!

Well, the potty training ended as a draw today...Accidents 6-6 Potty. Is it just me, or is that a ridiculous amount of wees in a day?! If he's still doing so many wees, does that mean he's not ready? Would you girls carry on with it? He did sit on the potty of his own accord a couple of times & get his pants down but never did anything on those times :dohh:

Sazzler ive not got a clue with potty training tbh. But hey at least he got some in the potty!

Don't go back Sazzle!!! Once you've started, keep it up. Monitor his drinks, in hot weather he will of course, have to drink more. But with the hot weather coming up, it's a great time to let him be underwear free! He's probably more aware of the wee, Hense weeing more.

I actually cannot remember what I did with Amelia, but I do know I watched how much she drank and when. I always took her for a wee before we left, as we got somewhere, and reminded her like a broken record!

She now goes by herself and is dry at night. I still have to take my bloody 4 year old in the night just so he doesn't wet the bed! It's hit and miss with him. From my very limited experience, the girls do tend to learn quicker. Jake was nearly 3 by the time he was dry. I hated potty training then! I'm much more relaxed this time round.

Again not much going on here. J leaves preschool in 2 weeks *sob sob* so we are going to Legoland for a couple of days to celebrate! A has her 27 month check which I can't be arsed with but I will take her.

Ahh Toby did a pee in the potty this morning!
He's not really telling us he needs to go but we prompt him first thing in the morning and before bath and bed so he gets the idea. Hoping that will lead to him telling us he wants to wee eventually. He hates having his nappy/pull up changed too so maybe that'll encourage potty use.
Poor little guy panicked yesterday because he needed a poo but didn't want to go in his nappy... Said he wanted to use the toilet but he was too scared to use it. He seemed proper distraught, I felt awful for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->