April Mummies 2011

I am at my wits end with Josie. Between 4pm to when she closes her eyes its a nightmare. She's defiant and will not listen and then bedtime is constant jibber jabber for over an hour. If I leave she screams bloody murder and sobs her eyes out and then leaves her room to get me. So I have to stay and listen to her jibber jabber, despite me telling her to close her eyes and be quiet for bed. She doesnt listen at all. She nearly took the rack out of the dishwasher with dishes in it the other day. She got a smack on the hand for that and time out. Because she wouldn't listen the first two times I said no.

I just don't even know how to deal with this with my raging hormones and how the hell am I going to deal when Ember joins the bunch! :(

I've made the biggest mistake of my life moving away from michael. I don't know how I'm ever going to survive this year.

it's all a big adjustment for her (moving and baby), give her some time. you'll soon get a routine with Ember and it'll be OK. just breath and organize and forgive yourself.
i think it might be a developmental thing cuz abby's batshit crazy lately too.

Michael thinks it's development. A defiant phase. That's why her favorite word is no. No to everything, even eating. Just no no no no no. Michael says we need to let her say no and then keep it that way to show her that no means she doesn't get anything.

He also said that we need to work on letting her go to bed by herself. She doesn't have to sleep but she has to stay in her room and eventually go to sleep whenever she wants.

Honestly, I think what's happening is she's being this way because she misses her father and knows that something isn't right with him gone. She doesn't know how to express that she's sad about it, because she can't really think that abstractly. However, that doesn't make it any easier. In fact it kind of makes it harder because there is nothing I can do for that. I can't help her not miss her father. All i can do is figure out a way to help her realize that what she's doing isn't satisfactory behavior. She takes it out on me because she knows she can.... and I'd like her to have an outlet, but I also don't want to be a push over.

Stephanie I'm so glad Ava is ok!! I was keeping an eye on FB through it all! That is so scary! :hugs:

:hugs: Casey! Isis is doing the same, except for the bedtime thing but she's been going to sleep alone for a while now so she's used to it. Everything is no, everything is Isie do it. She won't eat dinner, is completely defiant but wants to snuggle all the time with me. I can't even imagine that plus pregnancy hormones! You need to do what works best for you but I will tell you that we do things similar to what Michael suggested. Just use your instincts.

I'm getting my hair chopped and eyebrows done in about 45 minutes as part of my complete overhaul. I've stopped drinking pop, eating very few processed foods, etc. I have to get down to my fighting weight!

Yea Aleena was like this a few weeks ago , she was driving me insane.

She's back to normal "now "(not as bad as then ) .. Think it was a developmental leap.

Now she's teething so not sleeping good but her mood is better than during her leap.

we're the same here. no no no no no no to everything and have been for a while. she's been going to bed on her own since forever so we don't have that problem, but everything else i deem as being toddler related.

Anyone having trouble with keeping your toddler in their car seat?

Aleena gets her arms out of a 5 point harnass .. It's now so tight I can barely close it and chest clip in between shoulder blades yet she still manages to take her arms out.
It's not a big deal if DH is driving and I can sit in the back but I have my license now (passed test yesterday :) ) and ill be driving by myself with her.
Thinking of putting a seat belt cover under the chest clip to keep the straps together so she can't take her arms out.

Isis has never tried that but she does scream and go completely stiff whenever I put her in it. Have you checked the FB group carseats for the littles? I generally post car seat questions there. They have a ton of members and car seat techs posting on there. I'm not sure you can put things over the clip safely but I can't completely answer that.

Congratulations again on getting your license! that has to feel very liberating! :happydance:

Congrats on passing your test! :D
dh and I dont have the car sest issue but if anyone else puts him in the seat they dont tighten it so he can get his arms out. Kind of annoying.

We also have the No issue here. We mostly use distraction tactics or just dont respond to tobys hissy fits so he will hopefully learn thst he doesnt get what he wants by stropping. If he has a tantrum and refuses to do something (lately its putting on his nappy and pjs before bed) he can get so worked up that the only way to resolve it is to wait for him to get tired and either cuddle him and explain WHY we want him to do something, or act goofy... like last night night I said I was putting his nappy on and put it on his head and said "all done!" So he then had to show silly mummy how to put it on properly.

Isis has never tried that but she does scream and go completely stiff whenever I put her in it. Have you checked the FB group carseats for the littles? I generally post car seat questions there. They have a ton of members and car seat techs posting on there. I'm not sure you can put things over the clip safely but I can't completely answer that.

Congratulations again on getting your license! that has to feel very liberating! :happydance:

ill check the facebook out.
i am not planning on putting it over the chest clip, just under it to keep the 2 belts together so she cant put her arms through.

Congrats on passing your test lilly :)

Ollie says no to everything too :/ must be part of the terrible twos lol.

That poor guy who got attacked yesterday turns out to be very well known around here. And they revived him yesterday but then he died in hospital today. Poor guy had cardiac arrest on top of getting attacked. Hope they catch the thugs who did it.

Congratulations on passing your test, Naima :thumbup:

Rex is a complete escape artist in the car! No matter how tight I pull the straps, he manages to get his arms out if he wants to. Thankfully, most journeys we make alone are too short for him to get bored & do it. He tends to do it on longer journeys. I just have to distract him by talking to him, pointing things out or resorting to the iPad or DVD player :haha:

I also have a 'no' monster on my hands! I now tend to say 'fine, don't have/do x, y or z then' & most of the time he changes his mind pretty sharpish & says 'no, mummy want it' Reverse psychology :haha:

Congrats naima!! Fantastic news!

Gem that's made me sad about that guy. What gives someone the right to think they can do that and get away with it? I hope they are caught and justice is served.

Amelia is always saying no. Grr!! But I know she will grow out of it so I just laugh and carry on. We are going fruit-picking in the morning. It's going to be a maximum of 32c tomorrow so getting out early.

I was hoping to see Caro..I see you lurking there!! Hope you're feeling ok and not too uncomfortable xx

My friend who was due on the 18th had her LO this morning :) I get to have newborn snuggles! :happydance: It's a gir so I'm dead happy for her. She really wanted a girl this time :)

Lol Rachel, still here ;-).

Congrats to your friend Sarah!

I've agreed to a sweep tomorrow on edd so Fx'ed that helps things along! X

I hope youre all well!
Emmys im so glad ava i s ok!!
Im so frustrated with rosie. She doesnt listen and when i tell her not to do something she says "but im just (whatever it is she was doing)"
Omg she just kicked me! In the knee! Hurt so bad i cried. I literally need a couple days tk.me but the only time i can get anyone to take her overnight are on days i have to go to town and cantget anything done at home. It sucks. Dh wont take her to daycare because he doesnt have time to drop her off (bullshit) and i dont have the gas to drive her in on my own. Weve just been keepi g enough in the truck fir an emergency and so i can go 6to miles up theroad to the river a couple times a week.
My mom never calls me back. I called her 12to times the other day and she didnt call back til the next day. I dont even want to call her anymore when i go into labor. Though i feel like it will never happen.
So i didn't mean for all that to come out lol
Also i sold our phones and downgraded to my old smartphone which has way better service. Not as many nice things but i will take the free tethering and better service anyday!

:hugs: Sam, can't even imagine not getting any sort of break atm :(, Alex is around a lot but most days I at least see someone else to help a little bit, even just to give me some adult company!

the not listening thing...I sympathise with! its sooo frustrating!

Melting!!! Poor mummies with pregnancy tummys! I can't cope in hear, really dislike hot weather! Hense why my babies aren't summer babies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->