April Mummies 2011

Josie's potty training is hit or miss. She definitely knows to use the toilet, but with Daddy gone and a new baby arriving I'm giving her all the time she needs. I don't want her to get anxious about using the toilet. I want her to want to go.

Gem, I think that since he even told you, at least he's recognizing the need, his timing is just a little off. Isis was like that too at first. I had her watch a ton of potty shows, potty apps on my iPad and potty books. Encourage him but if he doesn't want to sit on it, don't force it. I took a long weekend and let her run around naked and just cleaned up whatever accidents there were.

Sorry Katherine! Even just going on vacation with us and full on using the potty set Isis back a little when we got home. :hugs: can't be easy with your hands full!

Sam, I hope you go before you have to have another c-section! :hugs:

afm, I'm struggling with a very attached, very insecure toddler. She doesn't want to go to school but then doesn't want to leave. Wants to snuggle forever at night and in the morning. is actually nursing more than before. This has been going on for a couple weeks but this week has been particularly bad. She has to have her pacifier all the time! She brings her Elmo blanket and "buddy" to school with her. She also has become VERY set in her routines. If one little thing is off, she's set off in a full melt down. I really don't know what to do for her but its driving me crazy!

:hugs: Danielle. I wonder if Isis is having a developmental leap? I know it's hard when they are clingy but I'm sure it won't last long.

I'd be annoyed about that too, Katherine! Hope Toby gets back into it soon.

Gem, the first 2 days of training we had 6 accidents on day 1 & 4 on day 2 but it then just clicked. I agree with the iPad thing. I gave Rex ours to play on whenever he sat on the potty & he was happy with that. I also used a sticker chart for the first 4 days - a sticker for every successful go on the potty. And plenty of praise, fuss & clapping when he went. Rex would never sit on the potty either prior to training either.

I *think* we might have cracked the potty :happydance: He was with me until Monday & we didn't have a single accident from Sunday morning til Monday night when he had a poo accident :dohh: I think he's just not comfortable with pooing on a potty :shrug: I tried him on the toilet but he wouldn't do it there either. But at last, I think even the poos are coming! He didn't have a single accident today at the childminder's today :happydance:

Stefanie aka Emmmys? No, sorry. Are you worried, Dana? What's happened?

on fb she posted they were in the ER and then Eva was in surgery.

she just pm'd me tho and said she had a coin stuck in her throat.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Scariest day of my LIFE!!! I seriously thought Ava was slipping away from me...she was going blue and couldnt get her take a breath! I acted quickly and moved the coin, couldnt get it out :( (didnt know at the time thats what it was) and she began to gag and throw up! They took her by ambulance to the local hospital but they aren't equipped to operate on infants so we had to be transported to the childrens hospital. She had this coin lodged so deep they were gonna attempt going down her throat but if that wouldnt have worked they would have made an incision on her neck. Im a serious mess, but we are home! I just feel like a horrible mom :( I didnt know she had a coin nor did i see her put it in her mouth!

Huge :hugs: Stefanie. And to Ava too. Must have been awful. So glad she's ok.

Thank you all! It was my worst fear coming to reality! I held her close all night, just watching her sleep! The picture of after surgery shows it all, she was just as happy as we were to have that out of her throat! The surgeon said I saved her by having turned it on its side,had she swallowed it flat things may not have turned out as well :cry:

OMG! What a scary situation!!! :( How did you manage to move it to it's side??

I just can't even imagine that amount of heartache! I'm so sorry for you and little Ava. I am so glad everything is okay now. I'd definitely be holding her close for a long time! What an awful moment!!

Thank you! I am, it really opened my eyes at how quickly things can go wrong :( I couldnt see anything so she had already tried to swallow it, but it was going down flat (dr said) and we i tried to sweep it out i turned it and opened her airway. He said the vomiting was her bodies way of trying to get it out, but it was too lodged and too big to go on down into her stomach. The look on her face was the worst thing i will ever see, its so heartbreaking b/c she just wanted me to help her :cry: I start crying when i think about it

Of course you start crying! I start crying thinking about what you went through!! :hugs:

I remember when Josie fell down the stairs when she was a 18+ months old, and I just cried and cried and cried. And when she fell onto the head of a screw and busted her forehead open. I cried! Nothing would have prepared me for what you went through. I can only imagine that I would have shattered.

Worst thing ever seeing them in a situation like that. Ive had it a few times with ollie when he was younger and used to stop breathing. Heartbreaking. Made me sick to the stomach reading what happened with ava.
Im glad shes ok :) xxx

Someones just been murdered like 5 mins away from my house. 4 lads apparently battered him with hammers then slit his throat. In the middle of a busy retail park in the middle of the afternoon! Why would anyone do that :/ that poor guy. Things like this make me feel lucky to be alive.

Stay safe everyone x

She is so lively today, but keeps giving me hugs and saying "love mommy" .........I didnt have time to panic, i had to act fast and def had help from above b/c i no idea what i was doing!

How scary glad Ava is ok! Well done mummy and your instincts xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->