April Mummies 2011

Sam, hope it did more than you think hun. Even if its just helping 'ripen' cervix :).

Gosh I'd forgotten what its like to be up two nights running, all night. Eddie has only slept 10.30-12 then 4-6. The first stint my stupid brain wouldn't switch off and sleep and the second one I co-slept as only way to get him to stay asleep so not amazing sleep. Oh well, just need my milk to come in now!

Yeah, Dana, I do too :haha: Hope I get a :bfp: soonish so I can see the back of AF for a while!

:hugs: for no sleep, Caroline. Is your DH on paternity leave to help out?

Yeah he is and we slept in seperate rooms last night, in theory so he'd be fresh and deal with Alex today/look after me but although he is helping he's also annoying me something crazy! Just needs things pointing our to him, like we put a wash on last night so it could be hung out first thing, but he got up with Alex and did nothing but play with him and make more mess. Dunno why.hanging it out coukdnt have been a game!? Stupid thongs like that, and he just sat down after putting Alex.down for hisnap like he's exhausted..ur me too and I'd love to just be able to sit!

Caroline I swear most men are the same!!! DH will get up with kids on a Saturday, give breakfast and that's it. By the time in up, showered and dressed, I come into the living room, it's a bomb site and everyone is still in pyjamas etc and there's washing everywhere!! How can you not turn on a washingachinw and run hot water whilst making brekkie? Must only be a woman thing!!
The early days are a stark reminder, aren't they?! We were in a routine around 12 weeks, I fed in demand before them which, when I remember, was constantly! Thinking of you!

Sam hope things are progressing for you, not much longer! Sounds like you are ready and waiting!!

Men are def all the same :dohh: Well, my DH is the same. Sometimes I'm so desperate for a lie in but even after more sleep I still end up in a foul mood cos I come down to a sh*t tip!!! He manages to get Rex his breakfast but that's it. Doesn't tidy breakfast things away, doesn't empty the dishwasher which always goes on on a night, Rex is never ever dressed & a wash?! You must be kidding!

As the 6 week hol is about to begin & both me & DH will be home, all this will annoy me even more. I always want to file for divorce by the end of it :haha:

:hugs: Caroline. Hope you somehow manage some rest.

Hooe you get some sleep caro!
Its definitely a man thing. Dh has started workibg from home 2 days a week to help me out. So now I do my usual mum + 3 kids routine while also fetching him drinks, making him lunch and getting moaned at for not staying on top of housework every Tuesday and thursday :dohh:

I have a cycle of moods and stuff lately. Every 2-3 weeks I crash big time. Fall asleep for a few seconds at a time during night feeds, suffer serious headaches and feel really low and irratable. Today is the peak of the mood cycle. It SUCKS.

I'm going to make you all upset but my DH lets me sleep in and cleans the house while I'm sleeping. Now he forgets sometimes to get Isis dressed and always leaves her dirty diaper from the night before in her room :dohh: (there's a trash can in the garage!). But weekday mornings he wakes up before me, gets Isis dressed and brings her in for morning milkies. Then I get dressed and finish Isis's hair and shoes. By then DH has the dishes put away, has made both our breakfasts and is ready for us to go. He's really a wonderful husband! It seriously takes twice as long for me to get ready when he's traveling!

Caroline, I hope your milk comes in soon! Then hopefully Eddie will give you more sleep!

Sarah, I couldn't imagine being home with my DH for 6 weeks! I think we would be filing for divorce! :haha: Enjoy though!!

This whole not knowing what we're doing or where we're going has me completely distracted from everything else in my life, which isn't good!

Your DH sounds like a dream, Danielle! Jealous! Maybe he doesn't need a new job... He'd make a perfect house husband & stay at home dad :thumbup:

Hope you get your milk soon, Caroline. Only so you get some sleep & Eddie is satisfied. Otherwise I wouldn't wish those awful Dolly Parton inspired engorged boobs on anyone. Ouchy!!! :cry:

If you don't BF ever, even right from birth, do you still get milk come in? Or does it need stimulation to come in? Just wondering cos my friend who had her baby 5 days ago hasn't BF at all but she hasn't complained once about her boobs hurting which I can't believe!

Yes, you still get milk. My SIL never breast fed and she talked about getting engorged. I'm surprised your friend hasn't mentioned anything.

Yeah you still get milk. My boobs were so sore after having ollie and I didnt bf. Only lasted a week or so though then my boobs disappeared lol. I went from like a D to an A overnight :(

Eeek been to enrol in college. Go back Wednesday to fill some paperwork in then ta dahhh should be a student again lol.

She'll prob get a nasty shock in a couple days, think it takes longer if you're not stimulated.

Milk has come in!!! Woohoo!!

Glad you've mostly all got dh's like mine! Xx

Danielle, I don't know if she would say anything to me anyway. I'm seen as a bit of a BF militant amongst that group of friends!!! :haha: Unbelievably when I only BF for 6 months. However none of them have managed to BF beyond 2 weeks so they found it very strange that I chose to do it for months. I just don't get into the whole feeding debate with them anymore cos I just get shot down for defending BF :dohh: Ah well.... :shrug:

Fingers crossed for some good stretches of sleep tonight then Caroline :thumbup:

I breastfed for the first day and that was it and i didn't experience gorging as such I had one day where my boobs were rock hard and then back to normal just saggy lol

So dh may have found a job. We won't know for a bit but one day after he applied for a job he got a phone interview basically. We won't be moving back to my home if he gets this job but we'll be closer to his family.

My issue is, dh has basically told me I can be a sahm and run my dyeing business. I don't know what to do. That scares the shit out of me! I don't know what to do.
What would you guys do?

If DH will make enough to support you guys then I'd say go for it!

Glad your milk came in caro :)

It would be a major change in our lifestyle, but I have more orders than I can fill doing this in the evenings. I could expand my business. It just makes me really worried. What if I fail? I mean I guess I could always get a job...

you said it yourself you're highly employable so i don't think you should have an issue getting back into it if you needed. however, you've had this business for a year (i think?) and it's done nothing but grow, i really think if you guys can make it without any income from you, anything your business does can be vacation/fun money.

i say go for it!!

where is the new job? staying where you're at?

it's scary as hell deciding to quit and be a sahm, but totally worth it!!

The new job would be in eastern Illinois. Yeah, I've had the business for a year and all I get are requests for more in stock items, more everything. I don't have time to enjoy my life and do everything to grow this business. I'll keep thinking about it but I believe I'm at the point where if I don't continue to grow the business (dedicate more time) then it'll stagnate and probably go down. I worry about Isis because she's such an outgoing little girl. I don't want her just home alone with me but we wouldn't have money for daycare. Although, she is just over a year from preschool.

Yea my DH is aboit the same as youve explained...
had a glass of wine tonight since someone said it could help contractions but nothing but being tired has come of it.
Finally got to :sex: DH but no strong contractions. Oh well! This baby will come eventually.
Danielle i hope everything works out with the job thing. I couldnt handle being a sahm without at least 2 days "off" a week.
Ive been gettibg frustrated lately as I've had so many people asking why i dont just schedule my csection! I tried to do it for after 41i weeks just in case but they wont do that until 40 weeks so that is that.
Im tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"