April Mummies 2011

Wow Danielle I'd jump at the chance! Re. Isis can you not ensure u work in taking her to activities a few times a week so she still gets the interaction?

Sam, :hugs:, baby will be here before u know it, but I do know how frustrating the end is! I'd def hold off on csection if u can until 41wks, someone gave me a statistic a while bk (dunno how accurate though) but second babies generally come 39-41 wks and 1st babies 41wks plus!! Crazy. Plus although I've not had a section the amount of times I've been jumped on and had to rescue Edward to take the landing myself I hate to think how much Hardee it'd be if I had a wound :-(.

We had a much better night last night!! Amazing how much better things go when bubba has a full tummy ;-), he slept 11-2, then 4.30-7! I kinda feel rested lol xx

my birth story for anyone interested :thumbup:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...amazing-homebirth-15-7-13-a.html#post28502931

Aaawww, thanks for the birth story link, Caroline. Love a good birth story! Really enjoyed reading it :)

Danielle, if I had the chance to be a SAHM, is absolutely go for it! Plus you've got a business you can run from home for a little income. If your dyeing takes off big time with a little more marketing, you'd prob be able to afford for Isis to go to daycare a couple of days a week. Go for it!

No more work for me for 6 whole weeks!!! Yippee :D

Thanks you guys for helping me! I talked with DH about it over lunch today and I think at the very least I'll take a few months to see if I can make it work. Plus we need to wait and see how much DH will be offered in his new position. If he's making enough it won't matter and I won't be as scared. If I do stay home, I will take Isis to a park every day the weather is good so she can get some interaction. We will likely be living in a pretty remote area so if I'm not careful I could get pretty isolated. I'll have to see if there are other groups we could belong to. We also talked about having another baby if I'm home. Daycare expenses are the biggest reason DH doesn't want a second.

I love your birth story Caroline! makes me want to have another :flower:

I hope you get some relief soon Sam!

Enjoy your holidays Sarah!

Love your birth story Caroline, made me feel all warm and fuzzy whilst reading it!! Also makes me want another too! Yours sounds like the perfect birth pool delivery!

Danielle, I agree with the other girls! I'd definitely give it a go, and concentrate on your ever expanding business at home! Sounds very promising! It's a new chapter in your life; embrace it!

Thank you everyone! I think I'm going for it! I can't believe that I won't be working. I've been working since I was 10 years old! Well I'll be working but for myself. So weird to think of.

Caroline, does the water make you feel better when laboring? They put me in a bathtub when I was in labor (transition) and it was hell! I couldn't manage the contractions. Or is the pool only for the delivery?

Sorry ladies! Ive been on vacation with the family (had a BLAST and SO needed after last week)....tried to go back and read everything, but i apoligze if i missed anything! :)

BIG congrats Caro!!! He is so precious and makes me want #3 haha!! :)

Danielle- Hope everything works out and i agree with the others being a SAHM is best job ever!

Good luck on getting that BFP Sazzle and Getrude!`

Sam- Hope your little lady makes her appearance soon! I bet Rosie is getting excited! :)

Glad u had a good break Emmys! U def deserved it!

Danielle, I find I relax in water more, whereas on land feel myself tending and stopping everything happening. I didn't get in until 7-8 cm either birth then it got things going both times and after a while I asked for g&a...think I missed that out story thinking of it! Lol.

Anyway bk to bed, eddies.just got nicely milk drunk so here's hoping for a good sleep stint! Xx

Danielle youre very lucky to be in a position to earn money whike being a sahm... id give my right arm to have a skill/interest that I could do while being at home with the kiddies. Good luck!

Lookinh forward to reading the birth story caro.... im saving it for when I can axtually read without being jumped on :haha:

Toby stayed dry in his pull-up last night. Hes woken up and is now sitting on the toilet watching peppa pig and not peeing. He doesnt want to get off the loo and I want to encourage him to use the big boy toilet but Im busting for a wee!

:rofl: Katherine, maybe u should use the potty ;-), yay for dry overnight!! X

Well done on dry overnight :) think Poppy's gonna be a while before that happens as it doesn't help but her time for drinking the most fluid seems to be 5-7 lol she has little and often during the day but at night she guzzles water/milk

abby's been doing dry overnights for a while, but even when i got on the potty with her, she still won't pee. tbh i'm too tired when she wakes up most times so i dont both bringing her to the potty. thinking my lazy mom mornings are coming to an end :cry:

Ollie peed in the potty :D yaaaaay.

No accidents today so fat but only had undies on for about an hour

OMG!!! I got the most exciting news today!!! My sister is pregnant!!! 8 weeks along :D I totally wasn't expecting that news! She gets married in 11 days in Cyprus. She & her OH admitted it was an accident :haha: Originally they were going to TTC straight after the wedding so my sis had come off the pill. But then they decided to WTT til they bought a house & decided to have a big holiday in the US next year so she went to the docs to get more pill to go back on it. She had to wait for AF but she never showed so she did a test & :bfp: :happydance: I'm so excited for her! And even more excited that we might mebe pregnant at the same time!!! :D

Sazzlecongrats!!! I SO read that wrong and missed the "sister" part and thought you were pregnant!!! Haha!! That is amazing news!!! Fingers crossd your babies are close together!

:haha: No, Rachel, not me just yet! Hopefully it won't be too long though ;)

yay!!! congrats sazzle!! i was pregnant with both of my SIL's when i was preggy with Abby, but my sister would've been so much better!!! get on top of that DH and make that baby!! :haha:

I've been losing plug today and had some light nearly regular cramping. Then my neighbor shot their shot gun ans the birdshot came raining down in the garden around me and i flipped my shit. I think it may have stalled things a bit.
Now I'm lounging with Rosie. She took a nap woth me though i woke up after 20 mins.

Oh Sam! I hope it happens soon!!

Sarah, such awesome news!! I'm sure you guys will be pregnant together no matter what. that would be so cool!

Awesome for dry nights! I wish Isis would stay dry overnight but I think it's because she still nurses before bed. I'll let her keep doing that until she's ready to stop.

So glad you had a good time on vacation Stephanie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->