April Mummies 2011

Wow! No posts all day and now a crazy number! :)

Great job with the potty training Rex and Aleena! For Isis it just clicked! I hope it's the same for you girls!

Sorry about the crap night Katherine! I hope you have a good evening now that dh is home!

I'm not a huge fan of the royal baby's name but its not my child to name so it doesn't really matter.

I'm starting to realize that unless I do stay home and run my business I can't keep up with demand. I had someone not pay for a large custom order so I put the pieces up for sale tonight and I only had one piece still available within about 20 minutes, and requests for more of all of those available. I got two custom orders from those posts too! I'm getting excited about staying home and about the possibility of having another baby.

Tnx girls

Aleena has been diaper free since 1.30pm and peed 5 times on the potty & no accidents!
I asked her to sit on her potty every 30 min or so.

Great first day :)

Danielle, being a wahm can be overwhelming if your business is busy.
My business is super busy and some days it is hard to keep up with all the orders, plus Aleena, plus housework, plus DH etc.
but it's nice to make a living being home with Aleena.
Good luck with your choice !!

Today is not a good day. Jabs, fussy babies, no sleep and toby is smacking, throwing, fiddling with stuff he knows will get him in trouble... keep having to scream into my hands just to stop me exploding.

massive :hugs: Katherine

Danielle sounds like its all going to work out!! xx

Im thinking of you Cottles! It'll get better when they get a little older. I know that doesn't help right now but :hugs!

There's a house for sale in the area of his interview and it has an in ground pool, an outbuilding for my business and almost 7 acres of trees along a river. Depending on what he'd get aid it might be something we could afford! The house isn't much to look at from the outside but its nice inside and the grounds are awesome!

:hugs: cottles!!!
Cheese that sounds awesome!!!
Lilly- hope potty trainimg is going awesome! Rosie has had a lot of regression (pooped on her diaper (thay we had to start putting her in for a few days) twice but hadnt done ot in MONTHS!)
Luckily the other day she said "mom I am a big girl and I dont need my pull up on "So and has been doing a lot better since.
Getting cloaer and closer to Dday here. I had a good sweep and had some strong contractions goong but then over did it and everything died down. Ive had some good ones tiday but I'm happy there hasn't been reason to rush in since 1. My Dr. Isnt on call and 2. DH accidentally left the truck keys in the car so I have had no vehicle and.no car seat since the truck is locked.
I just did all the dishes except the yucky pot outside and got the house cleaned a bit more.
I've had a cold sore for a few days and the scab came off today so I'm excited I wont deliver with a coldsore. I know they can be really bad for babies. Any time after today works so I could have my OB and no yucky on my face.
Aaannnd this is getting long lol

that sounds amazing Danielle! would cost millions round here by the sounds of it! land is soooo expensive!

yay for a good sweep sam, hope it kicks things off tomorrow for you ;).

How was last night Katherine?

we had a slightly better night, but i'm breaking all rules in the book cos fully fell asleep with him on my chest last night :dohh:, when he just will not settle on his back i'm not sure I've much choice. Tried swaddling with arms in and out, propping him up, putting him on his side, waiting a while after feeds before putting him down, putting him down straight after feeds and nothing seems to work! I used my finger as a dummy last night and it really seemed to help him settle, cos if I let him just use me he's then spitting up loads, so wondering if its time to introduce a dummy just when essential at night. During the day he settles better but still not flat on his back.

i say (as i did with abby), if a paci and on their stomach will help her sleep? paci and stomach sleeping she'll get. gassy babies love sleeping on their tummy's, is it possible he's gassy?

lying flat on our backs to go to sleep is a very prone/vulnerable position so I'm not surprised so many new babies don't want to do it - I co-slept with pickle cos she wouldn't EVER go in her crib when first born and if I have another I would do the same too.

It's very safe to co-sleep if you put some precautions in place :) I would kick my OH out of the bed and it was just me and pickle - she slept, I slept, we got her used to the world and eventually she went down in her crib (I was actually happy to really co-sleep, she wanted her own space after about 12days)

thanks ladies, I've already kicked OH out :haha:, that works well from the point of him getting up with alex anyway! and I don't feel bad during the day asking him to get me x,y and z as he's had a full nights sleep ;).

Guess we'll just carry on as we are then :), though I do wish he'd go down next to me, rather than needing to be on me! I'm finding i'm waking really uncomfortable and if I move I wake him :dohh:. Guess he's not even 2 wks old yet so should def give it chance! xx

i fell asleep with abby on my chest all the time. she loved it, i loved the sleep and i wish i'd just sucked it up and done it more versus being so worried about her "getting too used to it".

have you got a sling for him so he can be with you when you're up and about? might give him more re-assurance (some babies just need it - enjoy it, he won't want it when he's 15 :haha: )

as long as the bed is safe (no big duvets, limited pillows, no OH, no pets, no other children) then he'll slowly be OK and will go down next to you :)

pickle ONLY slept on my chest, no where else - it was gorgeous :o

Aleena only slept on my chest for the longest time!
I'd say go with it, he's just a newborn and you both need the sleep!

I second the idea of a sling/ baby carrier , it'll make you feel like you're not constantly holding him as you will have both hands free & can still do stuff with Alex that way too.

caro - I have a close caboo stretchy carrier you can borrow if you want? they only last for about 3/4 months anyway (when they start to bulk up you can't use a stretchy wrap as they need more support)

it's this one

https://www.closeparent.com/Feature.../a/ProductID/5885/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

thanks for the reassurance ladies, yes he is def very gassy, keep thinking he's gone for a poop but nope its just gas :haha:

I have a moby, tried it for a bit yesterday but we both got far to hot for long.

yeah it's not the weather for wrapping for long :D

anyone ever get really soppy about their LO's? I'm in a really soppy mood today and keep looking at photos of her :) she's just awesome

ooh Gertrude that'd be fantastic if I can't get on with the moby, it just feels like far too much material atm! and otherwise I only have a horrid mothercare one which hurts to use, plus is crotch dangler style. i'd pay postage of course! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->