April Mummies 2011

Thanks for the update, Dana :) Hoping pics appear before I board my plane at 1.30pm!

She just posted stats on fb. Unmedicated vbac! 7lbs 11oz 19 3/4" born with her hand on her face! :) haven't seen pictures yet though!

Have a fab holiday sazzles.

Congrats Sam she's is beautiful x

massive congrats sam, ruby is gorgeous!! and wonderful you got your VBAC! ouch for a hand by her face though!!

Danielle, no idea why but I totally thought you were in Canada :haha:...baby brain ;).
I've never ordered from you or naima cos I figured it'd just be far too expensive in postage to make it worth it :(.

fx'ed for your DH, I really hope he gets it!

xxx

Yes international shipping prices recently went up.

It really depends on the weight.. Up to about 4 oz is like $7-$8 to the UK (i think).
But I print my labels through Etsy which is cheaper than PayPal i believe

Does/did anyone wear their LOs, either as babies or now as toddlers?
I'm tempted to try it. I have a babybjorn carrier but I dont like the lack of hip-to-knee support.
I'm thinking of a mei tai... strong enough that i can carry it on my back with toby (if he lets me :haha: ) or on my front with a baby. I think i'd trust it more if i made it than if i bought from an ebay/etsy seller, and itd have the added bonus of being a bit cheaper than buying an expensive branded one. And i like the idea of having whatever fabric i like for the cover/panel.

I onlu used my baby bjorn for a few months in the beginning. I have a Becco brand carrier that I still can pit Rosie in. It always made shopping so much easier

Thanks guys! We are good! I had some heavier than they would have liked bleeeding after the birth so I had a bag with pitocin to help get it under control and I am good now. Baby also had tapid breathing causong some concern but that is better now too. Since she was born adter nidnight we have ro stay tao nights but that's ok with me.
Im feeling really good aside from tired. Will update more later

Does/did anyone wear their LOs, either as babies or now as toddlers?
I'm tempted to try it. I have a babybjorn carrier but I dont like the lack of hip-to-knee support.
I'm thinking of a mei tai... strong enough that i can carry it on my back with toby (if he lets me :haha: ) or on my front with a baby. I think i'd trust it more if i made it than if i bought from an ebay/etsy seller, and itd have the added bonus of being a bit cheaper than buying an expensive branded one. And i like the idea of having whatever fabric i like for the cover/panel.

I used to wear Aleena every day since always wanted to be held.
I wore her in a Mei Tei at first and then I bought a beco butterfly 2 used on diaperswappers forum (I recommend getting a carrier used from this forum, so much cheaper than new!) .
I indeed wouldn't use a baby bjorn style carrier as its bad for babies hips.

Gah! How close are you guys in the UK? I can totally make mei tai carriers or ring slings and send them to someone!

I still carry pickle now :) My most used for her now she's a toddler is a ring sling, but I also back carry.

When she was a baby I used close (the one I'm supposed to be posting to caro :blush: I will do it I promise), then a full buckles carrier (a rose and rebellion one), then a full wrap and then ring slings.

The best thing cottles is to find your local slingmeet and go along. You can try lots of different types, get peoples advice on how to tie etc and usually eat cake with other like-minded Mum's :) then you know you're going to get something you will use :)

because we're all different shapes and heights what works for one won't work for another x

there is a group (or two) on facebook for buying carriers secondhand and also the naturalmama's FSOT board too :)

never buy new, it's not worth it ;)

I'm so soooo happy for you Sam!!! Your little one and your VBAC!!!! Whooooooo!!!

I just got out of an amazing birth intensive weekend. I met amazing women most of which were first time moms but all of which want a natural vaginal birth.

Now I am so convinced of my VBAC its not even an option for another c-section. First of all because, who the eff will take care of me? Help me with wound care? Will Josie sit still while I pat dry my incision? What about Ember? I'm going to be outnumbered here. I need to be able to hit the ground running when I get out of the hospital. I don't have any other choice.

I've overcome Josie's birth. The fear of dying. Letting go of those words the doctor told me "see it all the time. Baby goes with dad and mom goes to te morgue." really?? He saw it ALL the time. Maternal death epidemic recently? Ya I don't think so. It was a scare tactic. I was in no more danger of dying than any other time. I could die right now. Poof!

But what I got out of the overcoming Josie's birth was anger. I am just SO angry at everyone that was there. The midwife who was total trash. The on call ob. I dislike and hate them all. But I'm harnessing that anger. I'll never let it go, not yet at least. Why? Because I'm going to use this fire to spit back at any staff that don't abide by my plan with Ember's birth. I will fire and never let someone back into my birth room if they so much as hint something not on my agenda! Don't care if I'm the bitch momma. A birth should be like a wedding. It's YOUR choice! Sure sometimes things need to be flexible. I know if I get sick again I may need magnesium sulfate, but I will demand BP meds too (which i didnt get last time!) And I will reject epidural because I want to continue to walk around wheeling my bag of meds if that's what it takes.

Oh I just can't talk enough about this weekend!! I'm so excited and ready to feel labor start. To get that surprise moment of "oh man! This is it!" To feel the contractions start getting stronger and stronger. To feel that "ring of fire" and maybe I will even catch my baby. I want to birth in any position I want! Not on a bed. I want to wear whatever I want too.

I'm planning on making a big bold sign with red ink saying "DON'T COME IN WITH YOUR AGENDA OR YOURE FIRED." and another one that says "I DO NOT GIVE INFORMED CONSENT!"

Maybe that will deter dumb dumbs from coming near me.

Go Casey! I have to say I am more at peace with the trauma surrounding Rosie's birth since achieving a vaginal birth. I am so pleased with the care providers I chose. They had my back! Once I found the position I was "comfortable " in then things went well. I delivered on my knees leaning ovee the bed. I pushed for an hour on my back and made no progress. I was distracted by the hip and back pain. It went away when i moved.
You can do it Cassy!

Yeah Casey!

Gertrude, no hurry hun, whenever :)

Eddies now up to 8lb1! Not too bad 3.5oz over birthweight at 2wks old :)

Danielle are u thinking u could combine postage costs for international post? I'd be quite interested to know how much it'd cost anyway as love some of your stuff! X

PS: I also know a group on FB for buying woven wraps used. I've used it for two wraps. I plan on getting more once I have more money and maybe once Ember is born and I know if I can even wear her. Josie was adamantly against being worn.

Caroline, I'll double check international rates to the UK but if its under 13 ounces it could go first class. If heavier than that a flat rate envelope is $16 or $23? I can't remember. Above that is when it gets really expensive. I could combine shipping no problem. In a flat rate envelope I can send around 3 yards of fabric! I'm a master stuffer :)

Casey, I know you can do it!! I'm sorry you had such a shitty experience with Josie.

Sam, I'm so happy for you! Ruby is gorgeous!

Gertrude, I wish Isis would let me carry her. I made a ring sling for someone and I put Isis in it to try and she was very unhappy! I have a closet full of wraps and two SSC (ergo and home made) that we never use anymore :cry: I loved babywearing!

I am having the hardest time concentrating at work. I just want to be done with my job. I just want to stay home now. DH and I were talking about how I went from nervous and unsure to I want to stay home now! He has his interview Thursday and Friday. We are totally in love with that house we found too! The landscaping needs some love but I love landscaping! Oh and an in ground pool!

Danielle that doesn't sound too terrible, though not 100% sure what I'd actually want lol, baby wearing is new to me but I haven't bought a double buggy as I intend to wear Edward. But not loving the Moby, theres just too much material atm!

When I get my new laptop power cable I'll have a look at your stuff on fb! (Someone broke it this morning :-/)

I feel knackered tonight, only got 4-5 hrs broken sleep last night, praying for a better night as Edwards been awake more today, Fx'ed!

I really want a mei tai but might try a ring sling with toby if I can find a local babywearing group/library. Is the hip carry tricky with a toddler for long periods?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->