April Mummies 2011

I love the mei tai I made for Isis! It was the only thing she would let me carry her in at the end of baby wearing. I love a hip carry for a toddler! Especially with a shorty wrap! So quick in and out!

Caroline, I would tie it at home and ride everywhere with it already tied. It was a lot of fabric to manage. That's why I switched to the ergo but I missed wrapping so I bought some woven wraps but by then she was so used to the ergo.

That's what I'm going to do with Ember on errands like post office, groceries, and what not. I think on long walking trips like excursions and events I'm going to use a double stroller and bring a wrap/sling for nursing or if Ember gets fussy.

Did I mention I still have a whole freaking 101 days! I'm just SOOO excited.

We have only used the stroller once and I regret not wrapping her that day. The only time she's been in a stroller was at daycare when they would go for walks. I have a jogging stroller too but we just got it and haven't used it yet.

hip carries with the ring sling are fine - less heavy than holding them anyway! you can't do it for hours but who's 2 year old would want to be carried for long periods anyway - I find pickle likes to have 10/15mins rest then she's off again. It's great for quick up and downs

you can use a ring sling from new born too - and if you get a very long one (they come in different lengths) you can use it to back carry as well (though that isn't very comfy for any length of time for mum or child, I did it with pickle a couple of months ago and it was OK but not amazing)

if I was to have another (feeling really despondent about it atm) then I would get a connecta (lasts longer than an R&R buckles), I have my close/caboo and my woven wrap and ring slings (I have 2, different lengths).

Definitely go to a sling meet and try things on - it's great to also get tips from experienced baby wearers :)

I used a Moby for the first 4/5 months then she got too big to be carried in it, I didn't bother progressing to any other wrap but I wish I did!

Hubby has left to go travel for work and he has his interview Thursday and Friday! I'm so nervous I can barely concentrate! He's going to breakfast with his would be manager Thursday before he goes to the station to meet the personnel there. Then Friday he goes to headquarters to meet with upper management! I told him I expect phone calls Thursday and Friday nights!! I really really hope he gets this job!

Eta, we had a streak of 6 months without an ear infection but that ended today :( they weighed her when we came in today and she's lost a pound since her 24 month check up. I'm not too concerned but its kinda strange.

Danielle I hope things went well for hubby today!

I just bought my first carrier! 2nd hand mei tai. Im also going to make a ring sling and see how it turns out. Woop!

Sounds awesome Katherine!

So far good news from dh! He said that today went really well! I'll talk to him later to find out more.

He called! They were asking him about timelines for when he could start. It's sounding a lot like they want to hire him!

ooh so hope your dh got the job Danielle!!

Katherine, mei tai sounds fab!

I actually got some sleep last night!! no idea how I actually managed it other than really encouraging awake time yesterday and the fact he'd been up loads the night before, but he actually slept in his crib from 10-2!! after than I had to bring him in with me but he still settled after feeds, just on me. Soooo hope tonight is similar! Again we've done a bath before bed, going to introduce a rough routine already :)

Hope alls going well with ruby sam!

hope everyone else is ok, been very quiet in here! xx

I need supernanny. Not for the kids. Just because shes the only person dh will listen to when she says mum and dad should share responsibility or mum will die of exhaustion.

My mum took the kids on wednesday so I could sleep for 4hrs. She did that despite dh being home because he will not give me a break at the moment. That was 2 days ago and i already feel myself going mad again. I need a weekend job to pay for childcare so I get an hour to myself in the week. Itll be around £60 for a 3hr session for all 3 boys. So I have to work 10 hours to get 1 or 2 hours rest. Sigh.

big sigh, i'd be tempted to walk out on him! see how he likes it for an hour or so! I dumped Edward on DH this morning so I could go back to bed before he went to work, it was non optional, however the say before when I had a super rough night I couldn't even walk straight and gave him Edward at 6 and said I didn't want to see him again until 8 (when he goes to work), but at 6.55 he brought him back cos he had to get ready for work!! needless to say he got a mouthful that evening and this morning I didn't get disturbed :D. Hoipe you get some rest soon :hugs: xx

Also im annoyes because af showed 12 days ago... and is still heavy. Just venting sorry.

Ahh you cant work 10on hours in hopes kf sleeping 2!!!
Things are goong pretty good here. Ruby is not the sleeper Rosie was but last bight we tried swaddling again and BAM! Gas coming out like crazy and long stretches of sleep. Guess this baby needs swaddling lol. She is 5 days old now and when we left the hospital she was 7lb4 oz and is now at 7lb4.5oz so BFing is going pretty good. Still feel as if I've been kicked in the cooter but that is my only issue with recocery. I havent even taken a pain pill since leaving the hospital. Just ibuprofen a couple times a day.

Good vibes your way, Danielle! Hope he gets it! :)

Big hugs Cottles! :hugs: I agree w/ Caro, leave DH with them for a few hours and take time to yourself.

Sam- So glad to hear things are going well! Love seeing the pics, they are just too precious! :)

I'm excited, nervous, sad, happy and panicking a little! He was offered the job at the end of the day today and he accepted it immediately! They offer relocation, company vehicle, and $15,000 more in salary!! He is so excited about the job. I'm so happy for him. So, here starts a new chapter in my life. One where I don't have to report to someone else. One where I'm going to be in charge of the household and run my own business.
So now I need to find a house in about a month...We have that one we love online but who knows if that's going to work out. Oh and we have to sell our house. I might need more zoloft or margaritas to deal with this relocation!

Katherine, I don't know how you put up with that shit. I would just let him take care of the boys! I can't believe that your mom had to come over to give you 4 hours WHILE YOUR DH WAS HOME!!! I would tell him where to go!

I tried leaving him witb the boys. I dont drive so I only went upstairs... but that meant it was only 15min before he called me to come downstairs to help settle them.
Im relying on napping with toby this afternoon to get me through today. Obv that'll only work if toby wants to nap and the babies are fed before hand. Fingers crossed!

Danielle Omg! Sooo excited for you! Congrats to you and your dh :D

Had a proper proud moment moment today. Poppy sat infront of DVD playing which was displaying the word home. She was like look m for mummy and h for Hayden (my brothers name) and with the help of me sounding out the letters could pick words to match the other two letters :)

Aww thats awesome!
I had a moment earlier too when I asked toby to draw daddy and it actually looked like a lil face with little arms and sideways legs. He even did hair :haha:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kjrandom/photo-2_zps4d9b15e5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->