April Mummies 2011

danielle- i'm so happy for you!!!!!!! i am always a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, now your DH knows! where are you guys moving to again? btw, can't wait to get lil lady in that dress you're making!!

cottles- i still don't know how you put up with him, like the others i would've told DH where to go ages ago. i'm trying to be supportive of you being with him though :hugs:

hopefully getting to the lake house soon to celebrate my sister's 40th bday. makes me feel so old! feels like she was still in high school and we're sharing a room and she's telling me bed time stories still. life goes by in a blink of an eye, that's for sure.

just realized next week i had planned to drive to GA. don't think financially it would be smart of me to do, but doesn't mean i still don't miss the opportunity to meet a couple of you girls.

We're moving to the Champaign IL area so we'll only be a couple hours from Chicago. Also I won't be working at least for a bit (there aren't any jobs for me right now anyway) so I'll be able to go up there to spend time with sil and Isis will be able to play with her cousins! So with the pay raise and no daycare we've already made up a third of my previous salary. There's no way my dyeing can make up the rest but we'll be ok. I just need to find somewhere to volunteer and keep my scientific interests satisfied.

Dana, they pushed back the expected stocking date of the dress until 8/25. I'm going to double check my sewing room to see if I bought an extra one. Sometimes I do that. :)

Awesome pic Katherine! I asked Isis to draw a picture of mommy and it was all scribbles :)

And great job Poppy with the letters!

I just bought 3 bottles of champagne and a nice bottle of Chardonnay :) I think we'll be having a nice evening! We also have makings for margaritas!

we had a photoshoot done today by one of DH's colleagues who does it semi professionally. He's going to give us a CD of the edited images and we only have to pay him expenses, though if we love them we'll prob give him a bit extra! can't wait to see them :D

all sounds fab Danielle!

have a lovely time Dana!

eddie is on a major cluster feed tonight :/...coujld be a while before I get sleep! but least he's started it before midnight!

did any of you have very sicky babies? he sicks up large amounts of fresh milk soon after feeds and smaller amiounts of lumpy milk ages after feeds :/, plus still seems gassy and uncomfortable in his tummy at times. Nights have improved slightly the last couple, he'll sleep in his crib until 2ish, then he comes in with me where he's unsettled for a few hours and I've given him to dh around 6am. gonna get his weight checked Monday, just to make sure its fine with all this puking! he's still not pooing properly though, seems to need me to wipe his bum to stimulate going every few days :/.

My eddie is very sicky. Formula fed though... he suffered a lot with reflux so we had to prop up the head end of the mattress ao he wasnt sleeping flat and we had to stop feeding him every ounce to wind him. If he didnt burp the trapped air forced the milk back up. Still does sometimes but less often. Web have him on comfort milk now which helps a bit but the twins are both on 4oz now and eddie has to burp by 2oz to make sure hes not sick before finishing his bottle.

thanks hun...maybe its something to do with the name ;), btw couldn't believe it when you picked eddie and we'd had Edward on our favourite name list :haha:

i'm burping after each boob, obviously I can't do every oz and don't really want to keep popping him off as i'll more likely get sore with all the re latching. I've propped his mattress up already :), he's still often pukes on it though, unless he's propped onto his side a little. He's beginning to grow out of newborn sleepsuits length wise though so he must be growing! xx

Maybe he is suffering with a bit of reflux or he's a greedy booby monster :) either qua I'm sure he will sort himself out soon enough.

My friends baby was a socky baby he just grew out of it x

Back from our hol :cry: Major holiday blues here! Rex had a fantastic time in the pool & it was lovely to spend so much time with our family & friends. But, looking after a toddler abroad in a villa is bloody hard work! I need a break now to recover! :haha: Luckily I'm off to visit a friend for 2 nights next Monday!

I've caught up when I could on hol.

How exciting for you, Danielle :happydance: Congrats to your DH! A big but happy life change!

Caroline, Rex was very sicky. To start with, he threw up all the mucousy stuff from labour then moved on to milk! I couldn't leave the house without at least 3 muslins! :dohh: After his initial weight loss, he put weight on very steadily. I could never get him to burp. He grew out of it around 6 months but it seemed like a constant stream of spew until then!

that sounds familiar Sarah :/, at least 3 muslins are always packed and I've needed to buy more despite never using them all with alex :haha: and still they're all getting used/washed every couple days! xx

Gah! August is such a busy month for me! And now on top of everything I'm trying to get in all my drs appts in before I have to move and my side job is definitely busy! My midwife today helped me find a good midwife group in my new area. I was so touched!

Caroline, sorry Eddie is having issues! I was lucky with Isis and barely used burp rags. I have a stack of them in a container because we never used them. I'm hoping if we have another it doesn't have those issues!

Sarah, I understand the post-vacation blues! I'm only a couple weeks from going to visit my family so I'm on the front end of it! Then we'll be trying to move so things are going to be crazy as soon as we get back!

Sam, I hope you're enjoying little Ruby! :)

you're def going to be kept busy Danielle, exciting times ahead! x

You will be busy, Danielle. But good busy :)

We're a bit mad for the next 10 days or so. But I'm glad cos I'm currently in the TWW :) Anything to keep my mind off POAS :haha:

Ooh good luck!

I just had a mini melt down. Eddie is the only quiet child today. Tobys having his usual tantrums and dylan had been screaming ALL day. Turns out he didn't like what he was wearing for whatever reason and then he wouldn't settle unless he was on my chest.
Poor eddie went down for a nap in the cot and I had to lay in bed with the other 2 just to calm them down.
My throat hurts from screaming into a pillow... its been one of those mornings. And now im afraid to leave the room in case one wakes up and disturbs the others.

sounds ummm challenging Katherine! hope they've all calmed down a bit now!

I walked into town today with just Edward, sooo much easier without a bump and without the toddler! def didn't appreciate the newborn stage enough with alex :) x

:hugs: Katherine. You are doing a fab job. Supermum :thumbup:

I can't wait for the newborn phase again! Like you say, Caroline, I def didn't appreciate it enough. Will be making the most of it next time!

I want to appreciate it more but its hard. . After my last post, eddie woke up and screamed so I had to take him out of the room so he didnt wake the others. Its been non stop crying and screaming and tantrums all day... I need a 5 minute break!

Also just found out that dh may not be able to work from home on tuesdays and Thursdays any more. I know I moan about him a lot but having adult company 2 days a week keeps me sane. The thought of 12 hours a day 5 days a week alone with the boys is so daunting.

you have it way harder than me Katherine, for starters you have twins! but also i'm lucky that alex still goes to nursery 2days a wk and my mum has him every other Friday for me. plus I've not really hit the screaming stage yet, he's still fairly sleepy lol, though alex was def screaming loads more by now! (she says with screaming child on lap who's just puked everywhere!)

can you ladies give me your opinions...of the ones in stock which pattern would you choose? going to order myself a connecta :D https://www.connectababycarrier.com/product-category/connecta-integra/in-stock/

Im so glad the robot one is out of stock. I almost cheered myself up in a rather expensive way haha
I'll make cookies instead!

I should be grateful that the babies screaming times tend to be late morning and evening. . Not yhe middle of the night like tobys!
Although I do wish I could put toby into nursery for an afternoon... for both of our sakes.

talking of nurseries I'd better go get him! lol

but which one would u buy that are in stock?? I can't decide and am gonna order one! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->