April Mummies 2011

Yea we had to go cold turkey on pull ups because Rosie would know she was wearing them and not use the potty. Though now with her regression happening she has the choice to wear a diaper every morning.
Lol thanks Dana. She said she is pretty sure she is going to have it handled but is waiting on the last boys schedule.
So newborn pictures are hitting fb soon! Yay!
Good luck with the pacis ladies!
Caro- Rosie hasnt asked for it either but is curious about baby eating but she says she remembers when she got milk still

Both dh and I work with very confidential information. Even more so because the new job is with a competitor. You get paid for that time if they choose to do that. It may or may not happen. Just depends.

Dana, I totally forgot you did that with Abby! Once they're ready it's easy! I wouldn't feel pressure to do anything you aren't comfortable with! I would want to do a vbac because of the potential risks of a c-section and I'm not a big fan of surgery but that is completely your decision!

Cottles, I had been advised not to switch between underwear and diapers because it confuses them. Isis just cannot stay dry overnight and I am not changing sheets every morning. Maybe I'll work with her more when I'm home with her all the time.

Caroline, awesome with the potty!

I can't believe how quickly the move is coming! Dh wants to start quickly because of the season so they are pushing the hire quickly.

i just feel like i'll be able to enjoy her birth more without the pesky labor and crap :haha: this way i can tell family a date, they can all be waiting and come right in after she's born. i reserve the right to change my mind, but i really don't think i was ever meant to be a natural birthing momma (clearly my body agrees since my pelvis wouldn't let miss petite thru the first time)

look at me calling my non existent next baby a her :blush:

I'm with u Dana I've pretty much decided that if/when we have another baby I going to elect for a c section as I was pretty traumatised with Poppy's birth

funny how we're all so different, the idea of a cs scares me lol.

Edwards gone of milk strike today (compared to normal)...I keep getting soaked :dohh:, prob where the weathers cooled!

I was gonna buy pull ups...where we're not 100% potty training (I don't have the energy or time atm and i'm not 100% convinced he's ready so think it'd be long and drawn out!) but he keeps taking his nappy off to use the toilet I thought pull ups would make it easier...should I avoid then?

I have some for pickle but in my head they're for car journeys once we've started potty training - which we haven't yet! She wee'd on the loo at nursery yesterday because her best friend is learning atm but it was more luck than judgement :D

She'll do it in her own time :) I'm happy to wait

I'm with you, Caroline. The thought of a C section scares the crap out of me!!! But then, so does an epidural & induction. I'm a wimp :haha:

I used pull ups on Rex from the minute he could crawl because he wouldn't lie down for a nappy change. They were soooo much easier. So to Rex, pull ups are nappies. He wears one on a night still. For car journeys etc., I just had a 'special cushion' which was just an old cushion with a plaggy bag wrapped round it then the cover put back on. I didn't put him back in a nappy from day 1 of training. It clicked with him after 2 days & we've had very few accidents since. I do believe any sort of nappy confuses their little head.

Poppy only has had nappies/pull up on at night times and she now refers to them as sleep nappies. I occasionally put a pull up on her for a longer car journey where I'm not likely to be able to stop but I'l don't even tend to do that much.

Once I decided that she was training nappys during in the day became a thing of the past otherwise I felt she was lazy and would wee in it just because she knew she could

i'll avoid pull ups all together and i'm just going to stick to underwear but put those trainers over them. she needs to learn control on car rides (or ask to stop and use the potty), so i'm not OK with using them for that either. night time we'll use them in the night time form, but i'll prob put underwear underneath so she still gets the wet feeling, tho i may just use the cover then too.

this is what i'm talking about with trainers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gerber-Baby-Cotton-Training-Pants-3-Pack/16793567

We only use underwear on car rides and we just stop when she tells us. We used cloth trainers with Isis before she was regularly using the potty.

Lmao i have to keep a towel handly and wash the car seats too often. She just stopped telling me she had to go for quite a while. Getting back on track though.

Amelia wears pants but they have to be PINK!! She's obsessed and I've never encouraged it?! She just took a liking to it. Argh! It can be a nightmare trying to dress her in the morning; she has such an attitude!

She's doing we'll with colours at the moment and knows around 7/8 of them, but I think Jakes been encouraging her as she is hellbent on competing with him and shouts the answer before him. I guess I can see her strong personality coming through?! We are teaching Jake to read, especially with Phonics etc in prep for him starting Reception, so every now and then, a little voice will pipe up and copy him. So sweet!!

Summer holidays are draining!!! I love spending time etc but ideas are running out!! I'm on Pinterest, and I do have a lot of ideas/days out but it's hard dedicating time to jake as Amelia will purposely ruin whatever I try and do with jake. So frustrating! Next year will be better as she will have matured a bit by then. I'm hoping!

Any other kiddies atarting preschool/playgroup in Sep? I can't wait for Amelia to start, she will love it!

Poppy already goes to nursery has been since she was 7 months old. She loves it there and learns lots. I can't wait for her to go up to the preschool room when she's 3 as she's currently in the 2-3 room :) I'm sure Amelia will enjoy it too as her a poppy seem quite similar independent strong willed women lol

Lol!! Yes, they do!! Ha!

Today I took them to the farm, jake was OK-ish, kept snapping at me one minute then nice the next but Amelia was a COW. Oh. My. God. She was in a vile mood! I ended up carrying her kid sideways, whilst she continued to thrash about, kick her legs, pinch the back of my arm and pull my hair. Not once did I lose it with her, I just kept walking. But deep inside I felt like Screaming back and thrashing around on the floor too! One was going one way, and the other...the other way. Argh! Why does it always happens when I take them alone?? I swear they always play up for me ha!!

Awesome Lily!!

Wow Jakes! I can't believe you held it together! I would have seriously struggled too!

Exciting news, Naima! Good luck TTC!

My TWW is majorly dragging :( I just want to know now!!!

good luck with test day sarah!

yaya naima!! how exciting :D

so sorry your trip out yesterday was a nightmare Rachel! good for you on staying calm though, have to say I've lost my patience a lot lately :/. He's just sooo frustrating how he makes a game out of everything, he never takes me seriously when I tell him off! Only punishment that seems to work is throwing his dummies away, as yet I've not actually thrown one, but he thinks I do, i'm just not ready to deal with the tantrums that'll follow if there really is no dummies in the house!

in better news though alex did 2 wees and a poo on the toilet yesterday! and a wee so far today, he's still in nappies atm as we're kinda letting him lead it. But apart from going to buy new shoes I've nothing planned tomorrow...do I risk just going for it!? having new floor/ carpets laid in the landing and hall soonish so maybe it'd be good to tackle it now while he's also keen?

do I just take his nappy off tomorrow and bring a potty and toilet seat downstairs (he doesn't like the potty) and see what happens? only thing is he's at nursery tues/wed...is it unfair to send him there on only day 2 of training?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->