April Mummies 2011

Failed my 1 hr glucose test with a level of 140. Kinda bummed. Have to take the 3 hr test now, sort of upset about it all.

I feel like I can't catch a break. With Josie preeclampsia, now with Ember I could have GD. *sigh* Kinda feel like crying but I think that's the hormones...

Had the results from the lab who tested baby's tissue. It's confirmed baby DID have Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome) so although it has given me an answer, I SO scared to try to conceive again. My Gynae has invited us in to have bloods so they can test both Hubby and I, see if we are a carrier for translocation, and if we are, we have a lot of answers and can advise our children if so. But there's also a chance neither of us are. I just want answers now!! It may explain my first miscarriage, It may not?!

Sorry to bring a downer to the thread, just needed to get it off my chest. The fact I have two beautiful, healthy children is enough to make me proud as punch, but it wasn't all plain sailing. It seems every other pregnancy, something happens. Oh well, I guess I was that 1 in how ever many thousand.
After losing my dad, and all this shit, I have given up on statistics and just think "Fuck it" , what will be, will be!!

In other news, we are trying to book up a 2 for 1 stay at peppa pig world, but its so expensive as we left it last minute! Grr!

could have just been a fluke thing, too. especially since you do have other healthy children who don't have anything wrong with them.

lots of people have one downs baby and other non downs, it's such a tricky disease.

how would downs cause miscarriage??

casey, i had 140 for my 1 hour too and i passed my 3 hour with flying colors. don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet.

Over half downs baby's, miscarry. Go figure? I was bleeding during my scan, my body had been trying for two god damn scary weeks! It's heart rate was insane at almost 200bpm. It was stressed, so I guess it does happen.

I'm more concerned whether either is a carrier. I can be a carrier and have 45% chance healthy baby, 45% healthy but is a carrier, or 10% has the trisomy. It's all so fucking confusing, I need a strong drink!!!

we had to do all that genetic testing with abby (cuz she had the fluid in her belly, around her heart and the 2 vessel cord), it's super scary cuz they have to tell you everything. scared the crap out of us for most of the pregnancy, try to keep some perspective or you'll drive yourself bonkers.

:hugs: Rachel. I hope the blood tests give you the answers you want. You are so right with what you say... Whatever the results, you have Jake & Amelia who are happy & healthy :hugs:

:hugs: Rachel, I hope the further testing reveals it was just a random fluke! xx

casey, try not to panic, many people fail the 1hr test and pass the next. and if u do have gd, best to know to control it hun xx

I was meant to have a glucose test with my last pregnancy as I was ever so slightly over a certain bmi. It's all new to me. Is that where you drink the really sweet drink and have to wait around?

My dr office automatically does a 2 hr test so there isn't confusion with a failed 1 hr test. I know a lot of people who fail the 1 hr but pass the 3 hr

alex was dry all day at nursery! he wore a nappy but apparently didn't wet it once and went to the toilet, 5 wees and 2 poos! nursery were really impressed with him :D.

He spoilt it a bit when he got home though cos went into major tantrum meltdown mode, for some reason he was up a lot last night so was super tired! think we're def going to push forwards with potty training now :D xx

Caroline that's fantastic !!! Go Alex!!! There's something about doing it for strangers/people who are not mummy lol!! He's been incredible and he has proved he can do it!! Amazing!

We have a lot of clever kids, hey!

Well done, Alex :thumbup: Definitely go for the potty training whole hog now. :)

Well done alex!
Toby had his first outing in his big boy pants today. He slept for most of it and it was only 90 minutes but still... im starting to overcome my fear of"what if he wets and we're not near a loo" which is great.

Mehhhhh AF is still here. Ive got through an entire pill pack so its been over 3 weeks now. Fed up.

thanks ladies, will be interesting to see how he goes today! then we might possibly have a battle to lose the nappies lol, even though he's not actually using them as he seems to hate pants, but we'll see in a while :). Rachel think you're right about doing stuff for others, hes so much better for them! plus he's other kids to copy too.

Katherine, that sounds horrid, surely AF shouldn't still be around after 3wks? you'll be feeling wiped out!

Got a horrid feeling AF will be back for me sooner rather than later again this time, Edwards not taking massive feeds at night, more snacking so it'll prob not keep AF away :dohh:. Mind you bleeding from the birth needs to stop soon! lol

Good luck caro! Toby hated pants too. Hes still noy hugely keen but we let him pick what ones to wear and then if he still doesnt want to put them on, threatening with "mummy'll wear them then" hasn't backfired yet!

Yeah a 3.5wk AF is a nnightmare. My bodys always been like clockwork even the first period after toby. Now I dont know what its doing. I cant get a doctor appointment so I have a phone appointment booked for some time this evening.

Babies are being really unsettled I'll catch up properly later x

glad your at least getting checked out. And PLEASE take a pic when toby calls your bluff on wearing his pants ;) :rofl: xx

i dunno i think id just wear them on my head. :haha:

the doctor phoned me back and has booked me in for a priority appointment with a gyno first thing in the morning. im trying not to worry but worrying is what im good at! (not sure if i mentioned it but theres a small bump inside... a couple of inches up. hoping its just a skin tag type thing but i know it definitely wasnt there before having babies.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->