April Mummies 2011

Sounds like Alex is ready, Caroline. Why not start proper training on a Thursday then you'll have until the following Tuesday if you're worried about nursery? But they should be used to dealing with potty training anyway. A(n awful!) woman who goes to the same playgroup as us only her trained her soon at the CM until he got the hang of it. She demanded the CM had him ready in a nappy at home time! How lazy/rude is that?! My friend uses the same CM & the CM commented on it to her! I'd just put Alex in pants & not in a nappy unless he's sleeping.

thanks, not worried about nursery not managing, just more whether its fair on them or alex? they've already said they've kids of all diff levels from dry to nappies still so happy to go with whatever we want. its just whether I can cope! lol, but least best to have accidents before new floors than after, lol!

I have to say if nursery is on board then maybe give it a try. See how he does at home the next couple days and it should go ok for him. My daycare lady is the one who really pushed for Rosie to pottu train. She just txt me one day with "so I havent had a diaper on Rosie and she is using the potty" and it was a few days before I had a 4 day weekend so I just went with it.

Ahhhh so I.bought a binky for Ruby yesterday and she mostly likes it. It is new territory for me since Rosie always refused them.

I have to say if nursery is on board then maybe give it a try. See how he does at home the next couple days and it should go ok for him. My daycare lady is the one who really pushed for Rosie to pottu train. She just txt me one day with "so I havent had a diaper on Rosie and she is using the potty" and it was a few days before I had a 4 day weekend so I just went with it.

Ahhhh so I.bought a binky for Ruby yesterday and she mostly likes it. It is new territory for me since Rosie always refused them.

Caroline, put him in some pants and tell the nursery he's been trying at home so whether they could also help encourage it there, too? I'm sure they have been through it tons of times; it's nothing to them! Jake was barely potty trained when he started preschool, come a term after starting he was fine. He liked to copy the other kids! It's worth a shot.

Lilly, fantastic news!!

Sarah, I hope the end of your tww bears good news?! So excited for you!

We will try in a year, I'm still losing weight etc so i want to get myself into a better place before trying again.

I surprised my self the other day, too. I usually lose it and demand we leave the area straight away and go home! I'll follow it through too. Did it to Jake once; he never gave me crap again after that episode!! Ha!

Caroline, I spent a 3 day weekend working with Isis. She was naked, no pants at all except nap and I asked her constantly if she needed to go potty. I tried not to push but let her use the potty when she needed to. On Tuesday she went to school and since its the "potty training" room I didn't feel bad. She went to school in dresses and panties. It took a little over a week at school and she figured it out. She has very few accidents now. I'd say go for it and I think he'll follow.

I need more pants for him, lol. we took his nappy off at 4pm and by 7 had got through 3 pairs :haha:, though he did wee on the toilet before his bath so at least just once we had success!

Is it odd he's not at all bothered when he wets himself though? he wouldn't let me take his trousers and pants off, and don't wanna upset him so we went with trousers and pants. he also said no everytime we asked if he needed to go then went in his pants lol, but not gonna push it as don't want him to be scared of going! xx

Oh my god I need to think of a way to word things better...
I was at bluewater (shopping centre) today... toby asked for something and I said "not just yet, we're going to the toilet now"
And because i used the word now he pulled down his jeans and pull-up in the middle of the mall! :haha:

Lol! Katherine! That is awesome! In a "glad it wasn't me" kind if way! :)

Caroline, I ordered a ton of panties on amazon and thought I had way too many. Turns out I had just enough for potty training. Isis did the same thing, went through like 10 pairs a day. Didn't take long to go from that to very few accidents.

Oh my god I need to think of a way to word things better...
I was at bluewater (shopping centre) today... toby asked for something and I said "not just yet, we're going to the toilet now"
And because i used the word now he pulled down his jeans and pull-up in the middle of the mall! :haha:

:haha:

that is too funny!

So I ordered OPK's today. I am so excited to be TTC when my next cycle starts! :happydance:

I need more pants for him, lol. we took his nappy off at 4pm and by 7 had got through 3 pairs :haha:, though he did wee on the toilet before his bath so at least just once we had success!

Is it odd he's not at all bothered when he wets himself though? he wouldn't let me take his trousers and pants off, and don't wanna upset him so we went with trousers and pants. he also said no everytime we asked if he needed to go then went in his pants lol, but not gonna push it as don't want him to be scared of going! xx

nope, boys don't really care. they'll say no to having to potty cuz they don't want to stop what they're doing. basically you just have to keep having them go and "try". boys are rather tricky in my experience, only thing that works was bribery with either candy or a potty chart.

Poppy's record for wet pants in a day was 9 I think. Like you say don't push it he will pick it up soon enough :)

good luck to the others also TTC, I'm just starting this TWW and I'm bored already :blush:

good luck to those ttc!! we def need some more baby fever on this thread now there's only casey to go whos still preggo!

so far today we've not even taken his nappy off, lol. Aiming to do that once he's up from his nap ;), bought 10more pairs of pants so that's 15now!

The TWW sucks, Gertrude. I'm 10 days in & utterly fed up. I'm obsessing by stalking the pregnancy test gallery on here :haha: :blush:

Caroline, I bought 21 pairs of pants from Primark :thumbup: That way I didn't feel better about chucking the pooey ones in the bin! :haha:

Haha we to had 21 so we could chuck stuck on poo ones in the bin!

So how many ladies are TTC?

Gertrude, Sazzler, myself .. anyone else?

we were supposed to be starting next month, as in last year that was the plan. doubtful tho. our relationship needs some more work before i'm comfy being preggy again by him *sigh*

i'm hoping he's just bored and school starting in a couple weeks will fix it, but just doesn't feel right so WTT is where i stay.

We will prob be joining next month in TTC after my 30th birthday x

oooh I wanna ttc again :rofl:

hmm I need more than 15 pairs of pants for him!? OMG :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back