April Mummies 2011

That's the pram I would've got if I'd had this baby in November. It's quite nice to push, isn't it caro? I tried it in the shop and liked it!

Not got my flat keys yet but ive signed for it. Still needs the ceiling and fire and light fittings ripping out qnd tge disabled stuff too. Apparently im not entitled to any of that stuff lol. Theres also no floors either. In fact there's literally nothing in there besides kitchen counters and a bathroom ha. Gonna have to buy literally everything so now im stressed rather than excited wondering how on earth im gonna afford it all.
Priced carpets and for ONE room its 200 quid (rooms are pretty big tbh) so yeah gonna cost a foooortune!

be worth it in the end though gem! can always do it bit by bit, or see if anyone has an old big rug they don't want as temporary measure?

Rachel, yeah could easily push it one handed! shame I didn't know about it for a single version!

gem- we have a store here that sells the "left over" carpet for super cheap. it's the remaining from a roll used during instillation but it's quite a bit and only $35. perhaps you can check some local diy stores and see if they do something like this? or check local buy sell trade sites as the ones here ppl sell their left overs too for super cheap.

good luck and it'll all be worth it!! you'll get your house stocked in no time.

Gem, get yourself on your local freecycle pages. People throw alsorts away for free that is perfectly usable :) often in fantastic condition too x

Gem look at off cuts for carpets that how we carpeted out flat to start with.
Also look at gumtree/facebook/free cycle for free/cheap furniture

Do you guys have different interests than your husbands? I know this seems very basic but my hubby and I have many of the same interests, I just don't have any desire to go look at the sky unless something new is up there and hubby has no interest in dyeing. I feel like we're drifting but its probably only because we only did things together before. Maybe we're just growing into our relationship. Also I could be over analyzing.

Oh god yeah... im into my records and playing around with crafts (unsuccessfully but it's fun!)... dh has no interest in that stuff unless hes busted a zip on his jeans and wants me to use the sewing machine!
And hes into tinkering with his motorbike. He can say hes doing a 20 minute job on it and come back 3hrs later having painted the fuel tank and added new light fittings.

I think its healthy to have a few different interests and some the same. Your change in circumstance has probably highlighted your differences as its such a big change but that's not necessarily a bad thing.... as you say its a new phaseof your relationship and youre getting to know each other better.

Me and my husband are completely polor opposites and have different interest.

Aside from a love of food & watching films & some TV series together, me & DH don't really have anything that we do together. We spend a fair bit of time apart with our respective friends. I go to the gym to keep fit but he plays footy. I love to shop, he hates it! He's really into gadgets, I couldn't care less! But it works for us. Obviously, we now take Rex out on trips together so in a way, becoming parents has made us do more together.

I agree we have the same sense if humor so love comedy programmes tv but poppy has defo brought us closer together and almost made us appriciate each others likes esp if poppy likes something

dh and i are very much the same as you guys. ive become really worried about it myself, but it's nice to know other working marriages are working the same. dh is still learning he needs to do things that abby likes and he may not, he's not so great at doing what he doesn't like to do. he looooooooves to fish. i like fishing on the boat too, but he'll stay out there for hours every day. abby loves to fish on the boat too, so that's nice. he likes to do things in the garage on the car, i could care less. i LOVE to shop, he loves that i love to do the shopping :)haha:). there are a few shows that we like to watch together, but he hates my nonsense Bravo shows and i have his midevil shows.
i think it's great to have those things you do with yourself or friends, and then there's things you do together or as a family. there's no cookie cutter marriage, no right or wrong way to make it work. as long as it works for the 2 of you.

think i may need to put this post as a favorite somehow so i can remember this advice when i'm feeling down :blush:

DH & I have a lot in common, But he does thing he likes without me and I do things I like without him, it's only normal I think :)

We do spend the majority of the time we are both home together though as a family.

Totally different here too :) and I like it. I love baking, cooking, crafts, potting, shopping, having projects to do. He likes steam trains and reading and sitting on his bum :haha:

I often wonder if we don't have enough in common but it works and we just make sure we try things the other person likes :)

As with you all having pickle has made us much more tolerant :D

So we do most things as a family but I find that I'm just not *that* into going out and looking through the telescope. I enjoy it occasionally but dh LOVES it! Also he does a lot of astrophotography so we aren't actually looking through the telescope. Maybe when I'm not working full time I won't feel the pressure to do my side job in the evenings and I'll be more willing to just keep him company while he photographs the moon.
We've always had separate hobbies, but I just feel like this whole relo thing is causing me to freak out! We also really don't have friends individually. Well I might if we moved back to my home but out here we make friends together.
Well anyway, the first real estate agent came over tonight to get information for the market analysis on our house. The relo company requires two market analyses. The ra that came over tonight was our agent when we bought this house and she was the selling agent for the house. So we have a little bit of history!

Good ideas guys :) thanks.

I cant wait to move. Living with my mum is driving me insane.

Im so excited!! I just accepted a job in the legal department for the State Child Support division!! Now I've gotta learn the Child Support Law lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->