April Mummies 2011

Well done you. I'm chuffed if I get that done which is rare and I only have poppy to contend with

Caro that is a fab accomplishment! Feels pretty satisfying when you get most things done before 9.00pm! Ha!

Thank you for your kind words. I am fine, thought I wouldn't be but surprised myself. Bought mum some white roses, bless her.

glad to hear you did ok yesterday Rachel :hugs:.

Ria I sometimes look back on the day and think how and why on earth has he managed to make me run around in circles all day! its exhausting, lol

I've had a demon child in alex today :/...sometimes the phrase 'I love you but don't always like you' really hits the nail on the head!! least Edward seems to have settled back to normal after his jabs!

hope everyones having a nice wkend xx

Had my party yday and poppy came down with a bug and projectile vomited during happy birthday poor thing. Duvet day for us today lol

oh no, hope she's feeling better! what terrible timing, poor thing x

She seems better this evening. She's asked for food so fingers crossed that's a sign she's getting better

Oh no! Poor Poppy :( Great timing on the sick :dohh: Bet it was nice to have a duvet day after your busy week though.

Feeling very nauseous this weekend :cry: Threw up for the first time ever due to pregnancy this morning :( Not helped by psycho toddler either. He lost his new Thomas DVD for a week yesterday for being so vile to our friend's LOs & pushing & hitting them repeatedly despite time out & being told off. He's out of control. I just don't know what to do with him at the minute :cry: We've had to leave playgroup early the past two weeks cos of similar issues. He literally just laughs in my face. Yet he's perfectly behaved for our CM & grandparents when they have him. It's just us he plays up :(

Sazzles poppy is going through the same phase it's awful isn't it!

We have a showing for tomorrow!! I'm stressed about it because we really love one of the houses we looked at on Saturday. I really hope our house sells and for a good price so we're not too stretched to buy the other house. Plus, I'm really a perfectionist and there are so many things not clean! Ceiling fan blades, the big windows, the unfinished part of the basement, I could go on! Ok, enough of that, I'm thinking that Isis and I should go somewhere cool for dinner, but I'm not sure where to take her since we never go out for dinner, only lunch. I'll have to find somewhere cool!
On top of all that I'm trying to get unburied from all the dyeing orders I haven't been able to fill due to traveling. I'm so behind! Well, hopefully those people buy it tomorrow so I won't have to worry about keeping the house crazy clean with a toddler!
Sorry for everyone with uncooperative toddlers!

I'm really in need of a pep talk! I had to buy a pair of jeans this afternoon because I ony have one other pair that fit. I've started back on weight watchers but I'm just so overwhelmed. I know I can do this but I feel like I've just gained so much weight that it'll be impossible.
Writing all that has already helped. If I don't start today then I'll never start and even if I don't lose anything quickly making the right food decisions will be better than making the wrong ones. Well maybe I just talked myself down. Thanks for listening :D

i use this forum as a sounding post too. nice just to type to ppl who i know won't judge and to just get it out. glad you've found it too :)

Another month out. AF has just arrived. I give up, I can't do this. I'm clearly too old, too fat and too stressed. I just have to accept I won't have the complete family I want.

I am so sorry Gertrude! Mentally, can you just stop trying and go more NTNP? :hugs:

I really want nothing to do with being at work. I just want time to fly so I know if these people want to buy our house. I'm dying over here!!

So I've decided that I'm going to sign up for a half-marathon. I was looking at one that's a month away but I don't' think I'm in good enough shape to run one in just a few weeks. Isis and I are going to start some running this weekend!

:hugs: Gertrude, really do try preseed before u give up, works for loads people xx

Good luck on weight loss and house selling Danielle! X

Massive :hugs: Gertrude. How long did it take you to conceive last time?

Did your house sell, Danielle? Hope so! Good luck for the new weight loss regime. You can do it :thumbup:

Well, we didn't even last an hour at playgroup today :cry: He just can't stop hitting & pushing other kids & grabbing toys off people. He had warnings & still continued to act like a little s*@# so I brought him home. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. He doesn't listen to me at all yet is perfectly behaved for other people when they have him. Just sat & had a good cry when we got in :blush: I've had enough of him at the minute :(

First month of trying last time sazzle. I'm a little less distressed today, just fucked off tbh.

As for little ones, they just know the buttons to push :) I could say a whole load of things but it's always easy to parent someone else's child! You sound like you need a rest tbh. Some time away from each other - you to recooperate and for him to miss you!

Are you a SAHM? I can't remember sorry :o a couple of my SAHM friends have the same issue - can you take him in wellies and find a load of puddles and get the energy out? Could you get him an icecream after (as long as he hasn't hit someone) and focus on the good behaviour rather than only seeing the bad (I know that sounds like a dig at you but it wasn't! more change the environment to give him chance to show positive behaviours if you see what I mean).

Also, reward charts can be very very powerful :) as can reward bead pots. Start the week with say 20 beads and then when he's naughty he loses some (number depending on severity), BUT he has a chance to earn them back. Then at the end of the week if there is more than x beads left he has a treat of his choosing :)

Might just help give him some focus that isn't you :)

Oh and of course, gin, wine, chocolate and cake, for you, in quantity (I'll have you gin and wine thought obviously, for a while ;))

Massive :hugs: Gertrude. I want to suggest trying ntnp for a while to stop it being so stressful. Take some pressure off yourself. BUT i know its much easier said than done.

Sazzle, I dont have much advice sorry. Just a big sympathetic hug. Toby is one of those kiddies who has so much energy that he cant control it a lot of the time. Apart from accidental headbutts when he jumps up at me for a cuddle, his actions not particularly violent towards people but he kicks everything else, throws things ALL the time... and no amount of running him around the garden, playing with the dog and jumping all over the place will calm him down. He's actually worse since dropping his nap. Go figure.

Sorry for the whinge lol... I'm exhausted and run down and feeling a bit poorly.

No, Gertrude, I'm not a SAHM. Work is my break! I'm a part time teacher. I'm at home with Rex 3 days. We have an activity each morning I'm off & usually see friends in the afternoon. But I feel like staying away from everyone at the minute until he can learn to behave :( We have a sticker chart for sleeping at the minute. Not that it's working :dohh: I might have to try rewarding him for being good around others too. Enjoy my share of the gin & wine :thumbup: Don't think I could stomach it at the minute anyway :(

:hugs: for you too Katherine. Think you need a break too :)

They ended up not showing the house :( We haven't sold our house. I spend every evening after Isis goes to bed alone and feeling down. I know many of you wish you could have that alone time but its starting to get old. I started a couple projects last night to help pass the time and started watching "the new girl" Tonight I have to start cutting fabric to dye starting Friday. I have a huge backlog! I also will be doing Zumba on the Wii tonight for at least 30 minutes. I've been tracking my intake perfectly with the WW app on my phone. Tomorrow daycare is closed for training and I have meetings so I'll have to figure out a way to work from home. then I have a hair appointment and after that we're going for a run in our new to us jogging stroller. I'm going to try to get 3 miles in tomorrow. I have a 5K I'm signing up for Oct. 13 and I can run with Isis in a stroller during it so that'll be new for us! Then hopefully I can get a long run in on Saturday! :) maybe 6-8 miles

I have no ideas for you girls with crazy boys other than they just have a different level of energy. I hope they learn to play nice soon! I know the boys at Isis's daycare play very differently than the girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->