April Mummies 2011

sarah you prob remember me having major probs with alex soon after eddie was born. Well he's a little better now and we tried ignoring the bad stuff when it didn't over matter, even throwing things, just gave him zero attention, and praised loads positive stuff. ITs sooo hard at times to do that though I still often slip. He's prob sensing your not feeling well with the ms and he's already not your number one focus anymore!

:hugs: Katherine, hopefully tomorrow will be better, its been a kinda dull day too which doesn't help!

ok Alex has just peed me off by throwing his pea's everywhere, he's going throw a 'don't like that' stage even though he always has in the past, grrr, particularly over veg! so annoying as we eat a fair bit of veg. Anyways as he's annoyed me and I was waiting on a bloke to turn up from a wood burning stove company that was meant to be here at 5, its not 5.40 I've posted on the stove companies fb page and if they don't reply gonna get ruder ;). So not impressed with them and they're meant to be really good :/

sorry the house didn't sell Danielle, hopefully soon!
It def is rubbish spending every evening by yourself, a one off is different but not every night :hugs:

boys are def sooo different...argh...I've got two now! :haha:. Though I got out my old dolls house from my mums yesterday and have started doing it up (so its blue not pink, plus needed some serious tlc!), but alex couldn't wait so we've played with my old sylvanians all afternoon, hehe, I loved it and so did he! his imagination play is really beginning to take off now and can see he'll play a bit more nicely once he does that!

What's going to suck is as soon as I get used to being alone in the evenings and watching my shows I'm going to move back with Dh and have to get used to that all again!

We're supposed to have a gorgeous weekend here so I think I'm going to set up all my dyeing outside so I don't have to clean up the mess indoors. I'm also probably going to have to mow the yard :( That's what I got a husband for! I don't mind mowing flat ground but we have a wicked hill in the front and I'm petrified I'll roll the mower!

I'm absolutely loving Isis's imaginative play! Last night she sat her baby on the counter in the kitchen next to where she was eating dinner and told me that her baby was pooping! :shock: I asked her why her baby was pooping on the counter and she told me because baby's pooping. :doh: She's been playing so well by herself lately, its really made my life easier since its just me. Plus she also started not freaking out when water gets on her head so I can shower with her and rinse her hair without screams!

Sazzle poppy is the same although naughty at nursery to. Nothing seems to work for her I too am banging my head against a large brick wall.
I'm a challenging behaviour nurse as part of my job and I still have a hectic child I've decided to embrace its a phase and hope for the best lol

Dh is coming home tomorrow!!! I'm so excited to see him! I've missed him so much! Oh and he's going to mow the yard while he's home! He's exhausted and will only be home for about 24 hours but he'll be working Saturdays for probably the next couple months so I don't know when he'll come home again. I will enjoy every minute I have with him!

My good friend had her baby this morning! Soo pleased for her but just a tiny bit gutted as she's happened to pick our girls name, Emily, damn it I love that name!!! Not that I may ever have a girl but still. Her older daughter is Amelia so I'm kinda surprised she picked Emily cos pronouncing wise they sound kinda similar. Ah well :)

Enjoy dh being home Danielle! X

Have a fab time with dh Danielle :)

Oh no I hate it when that happens when I was pregnant with Poppy I was set on Preston as my boys name then they day before I was due someone I know had their baby prematurely and called him Preston!
Me and my close friends thou all know each others names we like so not to pick them lol

good job poppy was a girl then eh?!

realised they often shorten Amelia to millie too, even more similar sounding! oh well off our list now I guess x

I just had the WORST gallbladder attack. Waaah. Stupid gall stones!

Get well soon ladies x

Yes was pleased poppy was a girl although we did have a back up name. We've always found boys names hard to pick. We already have a girls name for if we conceive again but no boys name as we never agree lol

:hugs: Sam. My mum had her gall bladder removed back in May because her attacks were getting really frequent. If it keeps happening, you should get an ultrasound & hopefully they'll remove it for you.

Get well soon, Dana :hugs:

Aaawww, it might be annoying about the name, Caroline, but at least you get more newborn snuggles to make up for the name stealing :thumbup:

We're visiting my parents this weekend as it was my dad's bday last Thursday & it's my mum's on Monday. So obviously Rex has been an angel :dohh: I swear he just likes to make me look like a liar! Plus he got up once last night instead of the usual 3 times. Why can he manage it when we're not at home?! :shrug:

Ouch for gall bladder Sam.
Hope u feel better now Dana.

I think boys names are harder too, though possibly cos all my friends have boys and there's a fair few in the family too so a lot of names already taken lol.

Sarah does he do anything or sleep anywhere different when not at home? Have noticed generally Alex is going through again now he's in a proper single bed with a decent mattress. X

We're the same way! We could have an army of girls and not run out of names but we still don't have a boys name we can agree on. Most of that is because my dh has a family tradition for names and we can't decide what we want to do with that.
It's been so nice having dh here even if it was basically only for a day. It feels like normal!

i really want to have another girl so i can use the girl name we have. if i didn't like it so much, i dunno if i'd even want another one, is that awful?! :rofl:

In the hospital :( still in pain even after morphine!
We have our boy name picked and if we have another girl I won't know what to do lol it was hard enough naming Ruby

:hugs: Sam. Hope the hospital get you well soon.

Rex STTN last night for the first time in months & months :happydance: I feel like a new woman today! I actually have some energy! I'm sure it was a complete fluke cos we didn't so anything special yesterday but at least I know he can sleep! Of course I was wide awake at just after 6, panicking cos he hadn't woken up all night :dohh: But he didn't surface til 7.30 after a full 12 hours :happydance: This never happens in our house! I praised him like mad this morning when he got up & made a big fuss of how he had slept so well & made mummy really happy so FX he might keep it up.

Yay rex!
Sam I hope things get better quickly for you... sounds horrible :hugs:

Toby is staying at MILs for a few days. Ive got a HUGE list of stuff I want to get done but obviously having to fit it around the twins who are still feeding every 3 hours so its tricky. Trying to finish all the crappy jobs that DH wants me to do so I can get started on my advent calendar project! :D

Oooh, advent calendar project?! What are you making, Katherine? I'm ridiculously excited about Christmas already! Bought a few things & I've never, ever started this early on :D Hanging out in the grotto on here isn't helping :haha: I've decided to do a Christmas Eve bag for Rex for the first time this year too. Spread the excitement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->