April Mummies 2011

Rex has had all his teeth for ages now. I'm sure his second lot of molars came through around his birthday & that was us all done. Not that that's helped with his sleep recently :dohh:

Rex is still wearing a pull up at night although I'm pretty sure he doesn't need one. He's always dry on a morning & tells me he needs a wee in the first 15 minutes or so after waking. I asked him last week whether he wanted to not wear a pull up at bed time but he insisted on it. Guess I'll just leave him in it for now. My mum seems to think he'll tell me when he doesn't want to wear one anymore & she's probably right.

Katherine, Rex doesn't do public loos either. He tells me they're dirty :haha: Bit worried that might be my fault cos I always hover on public loos :blush: so think he might've asked me why once & I said it might be dirty :dohh: My child has a ridiculously good memory, I'm telling you!

Poppy isn't ready for dry nights she wakes up with a fully nappy in the morning lol

wow yeah we have very full nappies in the morning still, usually with poo in them too. YEah the potty trained never really happened after the first week, although he did a wee on the potty today at nursery.

I prob ought to really go for it and face the accidents, I seem to remember rex had loads initially sarah? but got over it fast?!

Amelia went dry at night just after 2. BUT it was nothing we did, she just did it herself, was dry in the morning. Jake, however, still needs to be woken up at 11 for a quick dash to the loo. He never remembers though, and isn't tired because of it. I've told him he needs to quit being lazy and get up himself, but he is SUCH. A deep sleeper, he won't!

She sleeps 7-7.30am but only since I stopped bf her a few months ago. These kids are more clued up than they let on!! I do think she is so knackered from doing the school run twice a day plus going to preschool, and she walks absolutely everywhere now, so no wonder.

I'm so gutted it's getting darker earlier in the evenings, now. We used to enjoy going to the park after dinner or for a walk. Grr.

Thanks girls for making me feel better about Isis peeing at night. I'm still trying to work with her but I'm not too worried.
Went on a short one mile run this evening but I was pushing Isis in the jogging stroller and had our dog too. It was more than enough!

Caroline, Isis had a bunch of accidents at first and still does sometimes - like tonight when she was crying about needing to pee but not wanting to and so I carried her to the potty and she peed on me a little before I could get her there. Daycare helped a ton!

Poppy had quite a few accidents when she started but soon learned. We still get the occassional dribble now but generally that's coz she's either been to lazy to say/use the potty or she holds on and when she says I need a wee she means there and then lol

I prob ought to really go for it and face the accidents, I seem to remember rex had loads initially sarah? but got over it fast?!

Oh gosh, yeah! The first 3 days of training were awful! I was end the end of my tether & wanted to give up but knew I couldn't. Then he just woke up on the 4th day & it had clicked. There was quite a few weeks after that where I had to constantly reminding him to go but then he suddenly started telling me when he wanted to go. We still get a very occasional accident if he's totally engrossed in something but apart from that just the odd dribble before he makes it to the loo. Go for it, Caroline! :thumbup:

Rosie just went her first night diaper free for my mom but my mom also woke her up to go pee in the middle of the night.
Rosie still has accidents every other day or so.
I had my gallbladder out yesterday. Very tired still and the pain in my shoulder is worse than the surgery pain.
Ruby is laying in front of me kicking her legs and cooing. She has been so smily! Too cite!

Huge get well :hugs: Sam. Make sure you take it easy. I know my mum is like 30 years older than you, but she had 6 weeks off work following her gall bladder removal. I hope you've got lots of help lined up.

Get well soon lovely! Hope youre getting a ton of rest and a whole load of help. Take it easy x

Ohhhh god girls... remember that 4 month wonder week of HELL? We're officially in that. Im dreading the impending sleep regression.

I'm pretty sure Josie will be in pull ups until college. She was peeing in the potty three times a day but she had a huge regression after Michael left for the last time and its like pulling teeth to get her to the potty.

But I'm really not worried. I mean its going to suck with two butts to change but I'll manage. One day at a time

I'm resting so far. Thing is though that Dh said he wanted me to stay at his mom's but she works. Then expressed that he didn't want to bring Rosie home. Were having issues with a neighbor and water rights stuff so we were already staying with mt friend. So I'm at my mils house. But I just went food shopping and it is all at my friends house.
Aww Cottles. Wonder week 19 is a woozy! Were in wonder week 8 now. The article you put on fb is helping me cope with it when I just want to sleep
Casey- she will get there. Having Michael so far away is huge for her.

does anyone else's dh have an issue when you tell them to "do whatever they want" when they ask you what they should do?

Yes but most of the time my dh understands what's going on when I answer that way.
Last weekend dh was trying to decide if he should come to visit us. I told him it was up to him and it literally was. Totally his decision. Then he made the decision.

So I'm driving to Chicago tomorrow. Isis will be able to play with her cousins and dh will come tomorrow afternoon so we can all spend time together. And we'll be bringing Patsy with us. :) I was looking forward to a weekend at home alone but it'll be fun anyway.

So I've been really depressed since this whole gallbladder thing. I hate my body. I should be thankful. I almost died. I'm just miserable

Yes but most of the time my dh understands what's going on when I answer that way.
Last weekend dh was trying to decide if he should come to visit us. I told him it was up to him and it literally was. Totally his decision. Then he made the decision.

So I'm driving to Chicago tomorrow. Isis will be able to play with her cousins and dh will come tomorrow afternoon so we can all spend time together. And we'll be bringing Patsy with us. :) I was looking forward to a weekend at home alone but it'll be fun anyway.

any chance you are going to be in chicago the weekend of the 12th? we'll be there sat-mon

Just what you don't want to deal with after a day of serious nausea... Your LO throwing up all over in his bed while your DH is out at football & totally out of contact :cry: :sick:

Always the bloody way Sarah!!! Hope he isn't too poorly and you feel a tad better today!

Sam, sorry you aren't feeling too good. Look at the positive side and tell yourself you are much better for having it removed than to keep it inside your body, causing you pain forever more. Look forward, not back, I try telling myself that everyday!!! The past is exactly that. You have two beautiful girls that are your world. Think of all the wonderful things that will happen this year. All the growing up they will do. I'm not taking attention away from your health, of course, but just thinking positively can help so much. Hugs for you :hugs:

I'm so proud of Jake! When he first started school, 3/4 weeks ago, he struggled with letter recognition LET ALONE sounding out the letters with phonic sounds! Well, fast forward to today, and he is bloody reading books! Sentences and complex words. Wtf?! He has picked up the Jolly Phonics so easily, it's amazing!! Really works! I'm never one to force my child to do something they sent willing too, so he's done it in his own time. My baby is reading. Ha! May seem trivial but when our Los reach that age, you'll understand lol! I'm not really batty!

We had a good weekend. The trip was long and I was pretty exhausted after it but totally worth it. I won't see DH for 3 weeks now. I'm thinking Halloween might be the next time we see him.
Good news! two days in a row now Isis has woken up dry! I told her I'd get her a surprise if she woke up dry so I'm going to pick up something Dora from the dollar store today. I need some other stuff from there anyway.
I spent an hour last night planning the meals for the week and I created a shopping list for the week. Last week I went to the grocery store every day of the week! That isn't good.

Dana, we won't be in Chicago that weekend, sorry. I have a wedding and a 5K that weekend.

Way to go Jake! They all learn at their own pace.

So sorry Sarah!

Sam, do you think its PPD? You just went through so much in such a short period of time! You should talk to someone if you think it might be PPD. I suffered so much longer than I should have because I thought I would get better and it would just go away. :hugs:

Ok, gotta do some actual work! :haha:

so i should've expected this, but holy mother of heavy period arrived today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->