April Mummies 2011

Omg Congrats Jake's! That's great news!

Also yay fir the new flat gem!

I'm getting sick. My baby is sick. My husband is having a mental.breakdown and won't go into county mental health because he thinks they will keep him for a 3 day hold. I'm on day 5 of 5hrs or less of sleep.

Danielle I'm glad your weaning off your meds is going good.
Also I hate pumping
Oh and HI Tasha!!!

Sorry Sam! It's hard dealing with mental issues. There are so many stigmas, it's hard sometimes to get the support. I hope dh gets what he needs and I hope you get more sleep! My only side effects so far are dizziness and lack of concentration.

I am so not in Christmas mode. I can't even believe it's almost Halloween! I am only putting out fall smells though...

So pleased for you gem.
Sorry to hear Sam hope you manange to get it sorted.

Poppy loves rough and tumble think its coz she hangs out with mostly boys lol but she does girly whinge to lol

:hugs: Sam. Hope things settle down for you soon.

Great news on the flat, Gem!

My grandmother was admitted to the hospital. They "think" she had a small stroke. She's coherent, and she's labeled stable as of right now. I'm still worried, but less so then I was. I thought her aortic aneurysm had burst. She's feeling sick, her face and neck are numb.

I went over to my mother's house for a while but I got upset with her because she isn't dealing with this the way I want her to. She's still planning her St. Augustine vacation which she goes on tonight. Though she's driving down to see my grandmother tonight (so she says). I wouldn't be able to even consider a vacation while my grandmother is in the hospital. As it is I got upset because I wouldn't be able to get down there if she died. No airline will let me board at 38 weeks pregnant, I guess I could get some sort of medical release. But- I don't think that's going to happen at this point. I think she's going to be in the hospital for a while, but hopefully she will be released. She's 84. I hope.

I just had to write this somewhere, because my mother doesn't want "family" knowing about it as of right now. Which I also don't agree with. I think it's because she doesn't want them knowing she's still planning on having her vacation despite current circumstances.

I'm eventually going to put it on facebook, but I'm going to wait until my grandmother is transferred to the hospital 40 minutes away and await some more on her condition. It'll probably be up there by tonight.

:hugs: thinking of you! I hope she's ok!

I feel bad ranting now but I have to get this out. In the past week I have had 3 different people tell me that we NEED to give Isis a little brother or sister! How the hell do you know what WE NEED to do?!?! My husband isn't even living in the same state as me! Kinda hard to conceive that way! Also mad props to you Casey but I couldn't do the pregnant with a toddler but no husband thing. I would rather just wait. I have no idea how long its going to take to sell our house. :dohh: I'm just so pissed about it. How is it anyone else's business?! ARGH!! What if we don't want any more children? I've asked that to one of them and they INSISTED that we have to have another. Why is it that when I say I'm going to be running a business from home that I now have to have a brood of children?! as if work was the only thing keeping me from having more!

I'm getting everyone asking me if I'm trying for number 2. Doesn't help that 3 of my work colleagues have all announced they are pregnant so they think ill make the full house.
I'm happy enjoying poppy. Yes I'd like another but we shall wait and see what happens.
One of my friends (one of the pregnant ones) convinced herself I was pregnant as I apparently was acting like I was pregnant however that looks lol

yeah part of the problem is 2 of my co-workers are expecting and both of Isis's best friends mom's have either had #2 or are pregnant. tis the season I guess. I have to get off the meds first, which I'm close to doing but I don't know how long the last steps off will take.

Anyway, thanks Riri

I think its sooo insensitive when people start saying stuff like that, not only is it rude but for all they know you might be having problems conceiving. Entirely up to every couple whether they want none, one or six + kids! xx

I get that a lot... you MUST have another. You cant have an odd number. YOU.MUST.HAVE.FOUR!
Normally im just like.. ehh ive done my bit, its someone elses turn to pop out a kid or two but one question bugs me..... "but surely you want a girl?!"
Um. I love my boys. Im happy with our family. I dont feel like anything is missing. And I dont know why I have to defend the decision to stop now to EVERYONE who stops me in the street to tell me im brave or to gawk into the buggy. Or the stupid drunk lady in town who always puts her hands in the buggy for babies to grab. And actually moves her hand up towards their mouths like she wants them suck. And its always after she's been to the loo. STOP TOUCHING MY BABIES WITH YOUR DRUNKEN PISSYFINGERS. Gr.

Soz. Bit highly strung today/this week! :haha:

Thanks guys! I'm just so tired of it! We barely wanted one and had people harass us for years until I had Isis and then started the talk of #2 but somehow once they find out I'm not working out of the gem it's ramped up exponentially. Oh and I'm probably pretty sensitive right now anyway.

A few people asked us but only those who didn't know us well enough to know to shut up :D

It's ENTIRELY our own choice how our families look. If you want 1 or 10 it shouldn't be anyone elses business :) I have friends with 1 who know that they don't want any more, I have others with 2 already planning their third.

Own choice, tell them to sod off

Or maybe the people you know aren't as nosey as the people I know! I swear this area is the nosiest ever! The asked me where we lived when we first moved here and they want to know down to which house! I'm used to living in areas where you tell them the neighborhood, or the street but not which house. I'm realizing more and more that I don't belong here.

Anyway, I'm so excited to see my sister in just a few days! :happydance: I haven't spent time with her without my parents since I moved to the midwest in 2000! I think its time for us to have a week! DH isn't even coming home over the weekend so it'll be just her and Isis and I! :happydance: I think we might try to go to a zoo while she's here.

Oh I couldn't cope with that at all. Where I live I know my neighbours but we would never dream of asking such personal questions.

Speaking of my neighbours, a couple opposite us have just split up. She had a second affair THIS YEAR. Anyway, she's taken a job 120 miles away.

They have a 4 year old girl. The Mum is chosing to move away from her child. I just don't get it. When they first said I thought it was just a spur of the moment thing but no, she's actually taken the job :(

That poor child :( I remember clearly when my parents tried to split up the first time and my Mum told me I would be staying with Dad. The feeling of abandonment is still with me :(

I can't even imagine that! after a few days at meetings I was watching the videos of Isis on my phone and iPad. I couldn't stand being away from her anymore.

Yeah people around here know everything about everyone. Its annoying but its the culture here. Its not my culture. I think its a rural midwest thing. I could be over-generalizing though. And when you move into someone's house its never your house, you moved into so and so's house. that's how they know everything around here. should have been a red flag!

I've shocked a few people over the past couple of weeks by answering their enquiry about when we'll be having another baby. The look on their face when I just say 'the end of April' is funny :haha:

My best friend's mum walked out on her & her little sister when they were 7 & 4. She hardly ever sees her mum now & doesn't even call her mum. Her sister refuses to have any contact with her. I just don't know how women can do it. I think that our neighbour's new wife left her daughter to be with the guy next door. A little girl visits at weekends & the odd night in the week & calls her mummy, but calls him by his name. :shrug: I couldn't leave Rex :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->