April Mummies 2011

i threatened to leave nick with abby before she was even born, literally brings me to tears thinking about what i would've missed (both with dh and her).

Got my flat.
Painted for 5 hours straight.
Aching now ha.
Off to bed!

Okay so to go back to the "you have to have more kids" thing. I'm with you Dana. No one has told us "you need to have more". Probably because I'm so vocal about the fact that I want a large brood. However- I think it's no one's business. My mother was on our case about having one baby, but after I explained our fertility issues she got off our back.

Now- onto leaving your child. I don't know how mothers do it. I don't know how fathers do it either, but I almost find it more repulsive with mothers leave their children. Not to say I haven't thought about being in Michael's shoes.

Being able to be an adult whenever I want.... but at the same time, I know it would kill me. I'd like it for maybe a few hours and then I would literally just waste away.

I don't know how he does it, but I know it weighs on him a lot. I know he wishes with all his might he could just be here. He gets so sad when we skype and josie says things like "your just pretend." Because she doesn't understand exactly what skype is. I know it breaks his heart that he won't be here for Ember's birth or much of her initial months- but, it is what it is and he knows that and I know that. We will pick up where we left off in Maine and hopefully have tons of fun exploring new landscapes.

My grandmother is doing better. She had a "pre-stroke", also known as Transient Ischemia Attack. Basically blood wasn't flowing to her brain, and she had stroke symptoms without the blockage or rupture. She should be released today or tomorrow. No one has informed me of her release date yet.

I'm totally with you Casey. Stephen is struggling so much with being away from us. He had to take a Xanax in order to drive back well. He was tearing up when he said goodbye on Sunday. I feel so bad for him! It has to be tough on him. Isis talks about him but says, daddy's at work, or I want to talk to daddy.

I'm glad your grandma is ok. My biological grandma went through multiple small strokes during her decline (which took years) I don't really know what happened more because of the other thing we talked about, leaving children.

Not sure I've told you guys but my mom and biological dad were married because of me existing and then he wouldn't provide child support so he signed away his rights as a parent. Luckily my mom met an awesome man who adopted me! So I'm adopted :) but only on my paternal side. Anyway, so talking about leaving and never having contact hits deep for me. I also have a lot of family with "broken" families.

I agree I just don't know how it is even an option in her head. But then I do get a whiff of the spoilt brat with her and I just think she's rebelling against her relationship and wants to be single. She needs to grow the fuck up :(

I still can't believe I'm pregnant again :D it's making me laugh, a lot atm :D

Casey glad to hear ypur grandmother will be home soon :) thats good news x

Ah I could never leave my baby. I dont get how mums do it either. They tend to have a more special bond woth the child than dads since they actually grow them ha!

Right gonna figure out how to put pics up!

I agree I just don't know how it is even an option in her head. But then I do get a whiff of the spoilt brat with her and I just think she's rebelling against her relationship and wants to be single. She needs to grow the fuck up :(

I still can't believe I'm pregnant again :D it's making me laugh, a lot atm :D

Dhs best friends ex wife was like that... wanted a baby because it was something that was HERS but after a little over a year she decided she just wasnt into babies/toddlers and left her husband and child to live in a flat with her new toyboy (who has since dumped her for being a self centred bitch). She refused to celebrate her sons 1st birthday because it was the anniversary of "her trauma" (she had an emcs) and its almost like she hasnt forgiven her son for that.
Although she has said she might be more intetested in her little boy when he gets to school age and might seek custody because he will be a bit more grown up and not "in the way" or need her as much.

That's a terrible story! I hope she doesn't get him! She doesn't deserve to be called a mother.

https://i44.tinypic.com/2ytrwi1.jpg
https://i42.tinypic.com/xojfw0.jpg
https://i44.tinypic.com/33jiyxc.jpg
https://i43.tinypic.com/96yhbn.jpg

Thats from very first moving in. Painted all the rooms now just need somemore second coats and a couple need glossing but its coming along nicely! Hopin to wallpaper a bit tomorrow

looks amazing gem! post pics again once your done decorating and have your stuff in there!

omg I don't get how parents leave their kids either. I always remember a conversation between my parents when I was tiny where my dad just broke down because he didn't want to leave us (he died when I was 8 and knew he had terminal cancer), he was just devastated, and to thing people choose to leave their families.

Katherine the boy thing gets me too, we want 3 kids and I've always said that way before I knew I was going to have 2 boys. Yes it'd be lovely if the 3rd were to be a girl, however I am not having a 3rd to 'try and get a girl', if we have a 3rd son he will be just as precious as my other two boys! I get a lot of comments of 'you've got your hands full', '2 boys, gosh', etc! so annoying!

Getting told you're brave is the most ridiculous thing. Like people expect you to just never take your children out. I get stopped so often to be told I'm brave or "oohh, double trouble" at least half a dozen times every time I go out for an hour.
One woman the other day stopped me because her twins were 24 years old and she wanted to tell me her life story. All the while Toby was running around and I was trying to keep up with him while lugging around the double buggy. I felt like saying "if you remember how tricky it was keeping up with your kids... why arent you steering clear so i can keep track of the toddler?!"
Of course then Toby ran off, picked up a bauble and dropped it. The twin lady told me "oh hes a tricky one isnt he?" Erm, no love. He's a curious energetic 2 year old boy whose mother was being kept away by someone who should know better. :dohh:

IN OTHER NEWS... DH is on a work night out and I managed to get all the kiddies to bed by 9pm. Feeling quite smug lol

Gem that place looks LOVELY. The kitchen looks huge! So glad you got a place youre happy with :)

The kitchen is actually the second smallest room! My living room is like 16ft x 16ft. Really good sized rooms :)
Finished my kitchen already but ill post pics when everything is finished. Im in love with it!

Looks great Gem! You have to be just ecstatic! so happy for you!

My sister arrives tomorrow afternoon! I can't wait to see her! I might take a day off this week and go to the Omaha zoo. I've never been to Nebraska and I live so close I'm dying to go! I have this thing about visiting every state...I've been to 36 plus Puerto Rico if they ever become a state (going there again this winter!) so Nebraska would be my 37th state. Anyway, they have an awesome zoo so I want to take Isis there and dh basically refuses to go and thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go there. I'm so close! And I may not be back this way for a while.

We had a showing today. I haven't heard anything but they took like 3 or 4 brochures! I have to call our agent on Monday to have him send more. The ones at the end of the driveway are all wrinkled from getting wet so I don't really want to have them as the "house" brochures.

Weaning off the meds is going ok. I'm still having major concentration issues, vertigo and nausea. Nothing that interferes with life but I'm not going to step down again for a bit. I'm worried about the vertigo getting worse and I have to be able to drive. I live more than 5 miles from anything that resembles a town.

Ok I'm heading to dreamland!

Wow, Gem, how lucky are you landing a flat that's just been done up?! Good work! Def show us some pics when you're all decorated :)

Hope you have a lovely time with your sis, Danielle. I love having mine come to stay. She's actually coming on Thursday for the night. She hadn't visited us since the hyperemesis started over 2 months ago.

ooh i'd feel smug too Katherine! did you get out the traffic today btw?

have a lovely time with your sister Danielle!

hope the decoratings going well gem.

well we full on started potty training today. Apart from poor eddie having to also wear pants he did very well. Just 2 accidents this afternoon and the 2nd one he actually stopped peeing after he wet his pants and controlled it until he got on the potty. I'm sending him to nursery in pants tomorrow and packing tones of spares! I did a reward sticker chart and once he'd used the potty or loo 5 times he got a chocolate coin. Not going to go back now...no more pants in the day! We're having a quiet week so hopefully we can crack it! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->