April Mummies 2011

:haha: Dana! :rofl: Sorry! You'll enjoy finding out when it comes even more though :)

I can't imagine not finding out and it drives me crazy when others don't find out! :) I'm terrible with surprises.

So we tried to watch some netflix on our Apple TV this morning and none of the sound was working. We figured out it was the HDMI inputs on the tv. It's only a 5 year old tv! We ended up getting a new tv this afternoon and it's a bit of an upgrade...so now I have a gigantic tv in the bedroom (for a bedroom tv) because
all it will do is antenna. It won't even do DVD or cable. Then dh is going to take the old bedroom tv to work with him and use it as a big monitor. :)

I want to stay yellow this time too but my OH fancies finding out. I'm not shifting on this though - I'll know soon enough :haha:

I have to say I feel terrible today :( I'm so tired I can't even think straight. OH has gone away until Wednesday night with work (and then is away again Thurs - Fri) and I'm exhausted :(

Ladies im on the verge of total breakdown. Ive been trying so hard to be positive but some things are just too much to handle. I dont know why Im posting this. I just... I have nobody, absolutely nobody to talk to. And im terrified.

Talk to us. Either on here or n Facebook.

You are not alone. You really aren't. We can listen all day x

Yep talk to us katherine xxx

Lol I'm hooked on team yellow now, loved being it with eddie. V excited to find out what everyones having but I agree with sarah, enjoy even more if have to wait until after babies born!

Katherine, please talk to us! We're here even if we're far away. The plus side is you have friends online nearly 24 hours a day with us being from all over. The fact that you've kept it together this long shows how strong you really are. I know you work through this too and we'll be there to help! If you want it to be private you could send us all a message on FB.

Isis is not handling things well. I'm trying to remember that she's sad, confused and worried about me leaving too. I gave her back her pacifier because it makes her happy and drastically reduces the number of tantrums. I need to keep my sanity right now. She'll give it up again when she's ready. She refused to go to bed without me so I snuggled with her until she fell asleep last night.
So I need to figure out something for night times. She really wants to wear panties to bed but she isn't keeping dry at night. I'm seriously considering making some diaper insert things that fit her panties and put her in a waterproof cover over them. Maybe I'll sew some up tonight. Also she has a rash on her bottom that's very painful. It hurts her really bad after a shower so I put eczema lotion on it but I think I'm going to have to take her to the dr.
Ugh, just got the reminder that I'm giving blood on Thursday. That means I gotta start loading up on the water!
well gotta run!

Lost my mucus plug today around 9:15-30am!

Told my doula and she said in her experience women go into labor 48 hours after losing it. Yey!!!! Whoo hoo! ^_^ I'm so excited now!

I think it's especially true the 48 hr thing when your past 40 weeks and less true if your like 36-38.

Been having more cramping and *maybe* some contractions.

Hopefully by Thursday ill be holding my little girl. Or sooner! Of course Thursday is the 10 yr anniversary of my fathers death. So it's kind of weird for me. It's like a time to be sad but I won't be able to be sad with her.

:hugs: Katherine. What's happening? I saw something on FB about packing boxes? Are you having to move?

Good news, Casey! :happydance: Eagerly awaiting baby news!

Katherine please talk to us? Were you alone with the kids today? I'm so sorry you are feeling like this, please talk :hugs:

Casey!! Woohoo!!! Eagerly awaiting baby news!!!

In other news, my blood pressure is fine!!! It was the stupid modern machines they use, gave a one-off high reading. Luckily, my midwife uses the old-school one.

Hope you're all doing good! I've been stupid busy lately coupled with a barely working g phone and that makes it near impossible to get on!
Yay Casey! And holy cow 5 preggies! So exciting but I'm with Dana on the whole team.yellow and have to say you all suck!
Katherine I'm sorry you are having such a rough time but please feel free to FB message me! And dint agree to homeschool unless you are comfortable with it. It is a big responsibility!
Cheese- sorry you are still not with your hubby. It must be so hard! I hope your house sells quick so you can move!

So I Sony think I've said it to all the newly pregnant but Congrats again if I have!!!

Woohoo Casey! I didn't lose mine until I was in early labor.

Rachel, I'm glad your bp is fine. I always get a high reading on those machines. If it's really high I tell them to do it the old fashioned way and it's always much lower!

Thinking of you Katherine!

Casey, I demand good news! Lol

Sorry guys, when I try and talk about it I get a bit tearful. My landlord has put the rent up to an unaffordable amount. We have to move but there is NOWHERE here big enough that is affordable anymore. So we went to the bank. Good news is we can get a mortgage. Bad news is that its a tiny mortgage so we have to move to the other side of kent (coastal, old people town).... buuuut the places we can afford are doer uppers so we have to move in with MIL (who also lives in the coastal town) so we can save up for renovations before we buy anywhere. There will be 7 of us and 3 dogs crammed into the 2 bedroom house. FIL is bipolar and gets annoyed at the children making noise if hes watching tv (hes always watching tv) and he swears SO MUCH. Almost all our stuff is going into storage and my mum, who I currently live <1 mile away from, is giving me the silent treatment for having to move away when I reeeeally need her support right now because im freaking out. But in her eyes all she can see is "youre taking away my grandchildren" and nothing else. She cant see that by the end of january, we will be homeless unless we make this sacrifice. She just wants me to stay near her so she can see the boys, even if it means having nowhere to live. Sigh.

oh gosh Katherine :hugs:, in the long run you'll own your own place and that'll be amazing but I can see why its so stressful for you atm. Could you write your mum a letter? so she can really hear why you#re doing this, does she fully understand you don#t want to have to move? xx

hope isis settles soon Danielle.

we've catapulted into the 4mth sleep regression right on time, he was up every 2 hrs last night or even more regularly :/, argh.

:hugs: Katherine! That is extremely selfish of your mother! How far away will you be moving? Like Caroline said, I know its hard to think about but just focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. Eventually you'll afford your own place! Then you won't have to worry about rent going up every year. Everything you put into it is for yourself!

Caroline, sorry about the lack of sleep! I remember that regression *shudder* hope it passes quickly!

Isis still refuses to go to sleep unless I snuggle her to sleep. Last night I fell asleep too and woke up 90 minutes later...I figured it was a sign so I showered and went to bed myself. Then at 4:30 this morning she climbed into bed with me. We didn't get to sleep until 5:30 and I had a call at 7:30 so I just took the call at home and let her sleep. She finally woke up around 7:50! I love the snuggles I just wish it didn't mean I have so little time to myself. I'll take them while I can get them though. Someday she won't want to snuggle with me.

That's what I try to remind myself Danielle, one day they won't need us the same way.

Xx

Huge :hugs: Katherine. I know it's hard, but concentrate on the end result of being home owners :) If your mum is so bothered about you moving away, is moving in with her not an option? :hugs:

I try to enjoy the snuggles too, Danielle. I dread the day he'll find me embarrassing & won't be seen dead kissing his mummy :(

Good luck casey!!! Hope to hear some baby news soon :)

Aww Katherine big hugs xx

Casey, I demand good news! Lol

Sorry guys, when I try and talk about it I get a bit tearful. My landlord has put the rent up to an unaffordable amount. We have to move but there is NOWHERE here big enough that is affordable anymore. So we went to the bank. Good news is we can get a mortgage. Bad news is that its a tiny mortgage so we have to move to the other side of kent (coastal, old people town).... buuuut the places we can afford are doer uppers so we have to move in with MIL (who also lives in the coastal town) so we can save up for renovations before we buy anywhere. There will be 7 of us and 3 dogs crammed into the 2 bedroom house. FIL is bipolar and gets annoyed at the children making noise if hes watching tv (hes always watching tv) and he swears SO MUCH. Almost all our stuff is going into storage and my mum, who I currently live <1 mile away from, is giving me the silent treatment for having to move away when I reeeeally need her support right now because im freaking out. But in her eyes all she can see is "youre taking away my grandchildren" and nothing else. She cant see that by the end of january, we will be homeless unless we make this sacrifice. She just wants me to stay near her so she can see the boys, even if it means having nowhere to live. Sigh.

i couldn't read anymore, i just had to reply, i'll catch up with you other girls later..

it's no wonder katherine why you're always so stressed out and have low self esteem, seems everyone in your life is more concerned about themselves than they are you. if you mother really doesn't want you to move away, tell her to put up or shut up. have her figure out a way for you guys to stay close, or she can shut her trap. i dunno how long i'd last with the swearing or the crazy. he needs to know kids are going to make noise and some sort of compromise will have to happen or else i see you going batty, quite literally.

we're all here for you, and here's hoping something gets better. i'm sending all the goodness that i can that some miracle comes along and helps you out. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->