April Mummies 2011

Mums isn't doing too bad, thanks. Had a chemo wash and had a ton of blood clots trying to escape her urethra so you can imagine what pain she was in. Nothing to do now apart from wait for the biopsy report.

:wave: Hi Jen! I remember you! You'll have to tell us what you've been up to all this time!

Gertrude, how are you going to sample all that gin with baby on board?! Hope it keeps! Jealous of it though! That is my dream advent calendar. Followed by a Yankee candle one :haha:

:hugs: Rachel. Hope your mum soon feels better again. That sounds awful :cry:

:wave: Hi Jen! I remember you! You'll have to tell us what you've been up to all this time!

Gertrude, how are you going to sample all that gin with baby on board?! Hope it keeps! Jealous of it though! That is my dream advent calendar. Followed by a Yankee candle one :haha:

:hugs: Rachel. Hope your mum soon feels better again. That sounds awful :cry:
By drinking it :haha: just perhaps not one a day ;)

Well I brought up the topic of another baby with DH today. Pretty sure he wasn't expecting it since he was at work. So I'm thinking that Isis would really do well with a sibling. I REALLY don't want to be pregnant again and I REALLY don't want to add any more crazy to our lives but, Isis would be 4 and going to school so I would have time with the new baby. I wouldn't be working outside the home. I think it would be easier on me mentally as well. He's fine with whatever I want. So we're looking at TTC June/July...ugh! Ok, I'm off to grab another beer...

Great to see you again Jen!

Well I brought up the topic of another baby with DH today. Pretty sure he wasn't expecting it since he was at work. So I'm thinking that Isis would really do well with a sibling. I REALLY don't want to be pregnant again and I REALLY don't want to add any more crazy to our lives but, Isis would be 4 and going to school so I would have time with the new baby. I wouldn't be working outside the home. I think it would be easier on me mentally as well. He's fine with whatever I want. So we're looking at TTC June/July...ugh! Ok, I'm off to grab another beer...

looks like we might be preggers together!

it's really starting to feel like once we get on track for something, something else comes along and swats us right back down. why do i still feel off track of life when i look at other ppl? annoying.

it's really starting to feel like once we get on track for something, something else comes along and swats us right back down. why do i still feel off track of life when i look at other ppl? annoying.

Don't forget people only tell you about the good stuff, there is always another 80% of their life x :coffee:

Mums isn't doing too bad, thanks. Had a chemo wash and had a ton of blood clots trying to escape her urethra so you can imagine what pain she was in. Nothing to do now apart from wait for the biopsy report.

ouch, but glad shes doing ok, fx;ed for the biopsy report is good xx

woohoo! we'll be mega excited for u!

whats happened hun? xx

my dh is mega annoying me tonight, eddie wont go down for some reason, was just wide awake. He's not picked him up once today! in fact i'm not sure he's held him since sunday as mon/yues eddie was in bed when he left/got home from work. I hinted he needed his nappy doing but nope I ended up doing it, why are men so incapable?

then he asks me at 10pm if i'd like to watch something of my choice on tv, I barely got any sleep last night,look wrecked and he thinks its fab to offer me tv!? errr I just wanna go to bed but cant cos Edward wont settle and he does sod all to help that....and breath! thanks for the rant ladies :) xx

Wow Dana, I didn't realize you guys were that close to another. I feel almost claustrophobic thinking of being preggers and that over 6 months from now! I guess I just know how fast that time is going to fly. Especially with moving etc! I'm glad someone else is looking at TTC then so I won't be alone...

My good friend from when dh was in grad school just had a baby yesterday. We're planning on visiting them next week so at least now we'll get to see their little guy too. I'm excited! So many newborns around!

Sorry Caroline, dh does that kind of crap too! Like when he came home a couple weekends ago I tried hard to have the easy stuff clean (laundry, dishes etc) but I was hoping he could help with the bigger stuff that's harder to do with a toddler. He comes home and says to me "the house is a f'ing disaster!" After he said that a few times I just broke down. He couldn't understand why I was crying. I mean seriously it wasn't that bad he just talks in hyperbole all the time and sometimes I just can't let it go.

Wow Dana, I didn't realize you guys were that close to another. I feel almost claustrophobic thinking of being preggers and that over 6 months from now! I guess I just know how fast that time is going to fly. Especially with moving etc! I'm glad someone else is looking at TTC then so I won't be alone...

My good friend from when dh was in grad school just had a baby yesterday. We're planning on visiting them next week so at least now we'll get to see their little guy too. I'm excited! So many newborns around!

Sorry Caroline, dh does that kind of crap too! Like when he came home a couple weekends ago I tried hard to have the easy stuff clean (laundry, dishes etc) but I was hoping he could help with the bigger stuff that's harder to do with a toddler. He comes home and says to me "the house is a f'ing disaster!" After he said that a few times I just broke down. He couldn't understand why I was crying. I mean seriously it wasn't that bad he just talks in hyperbole all the time and sometimes I just can't let it go.

well, we were thinking of trying in the fall. tho, i know the feeling. thinking of being pregnant right now is literally making me ill. especially since unemployment stopped paying him while they investigate his schooling. they should approve him, but it'll be at least 21 days before we hear anything. i'm a nervous wreck, in tears and have typed this so many times i can't count.
seriously considered picking up smoking and/or eating my weight in chocolate. i'm considering calling to see if we qualify for welfare until his u/e starts again, but the same that comes with that is worse for food stamps. in fact i just deleted that no less than 5 times just now. the only work that's not full time around here is retail and/or less than i would get on welfare, so what's the point?
broken.

That sucks so hard! I didn't realize he wasn't working. I thought for some reason he was going to school and working. I qualified for Oregon health plan while I was in college. I know back then they allowed college students to go on food stamps. There is no shame in any of this! You guys are working hard, going to school trying to get an education. I would get whatever help you can!

:hugs: Caroline. Hope you got some sleep last night. My DH is rubbish with babies by his own admission these days, although he wouldn't admit it when Rex was small! So I know exactly how frustrating it is.

:hugs: Dana. There's no shame in accepting financial help if you need it.

i have a friend who works in the u/e office who sent out the questionaire we needed today along with the fax number for us to send it right back. he said they typically get it done in 17 days, which we have enough $$ to get thru. the rep yesterday told DH that with a tech degree like he's seeking it would actually open another claim and we would go back up to the $366 a week we were getting. i'll believe it when i see the extra in my bank but it's a start. i'd be happy with the $166 we're currently getting, but the extra would help make christmas super awesome.
also, my university gives out 4 gifts to the ppl attending with kids. 2 wants and 2 needs. since i'm paying them an assload of money, i feel no guilt in getting free gifts.

other ppl are a lot of work. i used to think i wanted a bunch of friends, but now i'm not sure i want any. besides you girls of course.

Yeah, I won't get into today but man I can't wait until I'm not working in an office anymore! Let's just say my co-worker is a passive aggressive bitch. 2 sleeps and I see my hubby! I can't wait to see him for a whole week! And I only have 2.5 weeks of work after that until the new year! My last day of work is the 18th of dec!

Dana, probably why I don't have many friends!

i got my AF about a week early and i think it's making up for 2.5 yrs of light periods because OMG. i haven't had to take meds for my AF for at least 10 yrs.

TMI but this morning i sneezed out my tampon, like seriously?! how does that even happen?! :rofl:

Omg :haha: That somehow reminds me that when I had my false labour with the twins I pinged out the speculum right in front of the poor nervous (embarrassed) male intern. He was just like "wtf do I do now?" :D

So its 5pm here. The house is SO untidy. Dh just got a call from the estate agent saying my landlord has pushed for as many viewings as possible tomorrow. We have 7 viewings starting at 10am.
I have 3 kids to look after, 5 mouths to feed... Pray tell when will I have time to tidy and clean EVERY room?! Please please please can things get easier soon, im so sick of breakdowns and panic attacks and holy crap the stress sweats are disgusting.

Dana- So sorry about all that stress!! :( I would be so stressed out. However I think that getting assistance is better than nothing espeically when taking care of a family and trying to better your standings. Going back to school has become the only way to get ahead- while also getting behind (with school loans!)

Cottles- I would totally break down if I had to do all that cleaning. LOL I hate cleaning!!

Jakes- I hope your mom gets on the mend soon. I can't believe how painful it all must be.

AFM- Having two children is hard!!!!! I swear to god after giving birth I kept thinking "maybe I only really want two." i'll have to wait until the newborn effect wears off to see where I stand with kids. Excited for Cheese and Dana for the future TTC journey. :) IF I do want a third, it definitely won't be next year that we start trying.

DH has been here since Tuesday and OMG it has been so amazing!!! Life is so much better with him. Nights are still hard- newborn sleep patterns *sigh* But it's getting better. DH helped clean the HUGE mess that was the house and he gives Josie plenty of attention she has been needing that I can't always give her :( I feel bad because I want to do things with her but I'm literally on the couch nursing or holding Ember ALL the time and when I do get moments to myself I'm trying to stay above water with my school work. Thankfully I only have two more weeks of school and I just need to get the majority of stuff done.

Truth be told (and I feel really ashamed of all this but it is what it is) DH has been helping me with my homework in one of my classes. :\ I know it's shameful, but it's really the only way I've been able to get anything done because the two kids are so much work. *sigh* i feel like an academic fraud... and I haven't told ANYONE else that.... but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->