April Mummies 2011

my sil just said this....i'm literally shaking in fury

Attachments

• crap.jpg
    crap.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 10
Thank god my DH doesn't have any sisters. A MIL is enough lol .

it's not his sister, it's his brother's gf who i call my sil cuz she has 3 of his kids but he doesn't want to marry her. it's just easier than saying my bil's gf

am i wrong in being angry? she initially made it sound (to me) that she was trying to say her situation is worse or am i bat shit crazy and need to get my shit under control?

I'm going to be devil's advocat here, Dana, but I honestly didn't read her first comment like that :shrug: I'd say she was just saying she's got a lot of Thanksgiving prep to do & being at work will stop her doing it. I don't think she was having a dig at you at all :hugs: But then you know the person behind the words & I don't.

On the baby gender thing... You & Sam are forgetting that we don't have dedicated doctors to cover our pregnancy :haha: The only person who will now the gender is a random sonographer in the hospital :haha: Sorry to disappoint you, girls! :rofl:

am i wrong in being angry? she initially made it sound (to me) that she was trying to say her situation is worse or am i bat shit crazy and need to get my shit under control?

I think it's a bit of column A and a bit of column B.

I suspect she does think she has it hard. I work full time and I know the stress of never having a quiet moment after intense days it is tough. Do I think it's harder than a SAHM? Do I FUCK :haha: I couldn't be a SAHM for all the money in the world.

But then when we're not happy, we always think we have it the hardest. I read it as being she was unhappy, not that she was having a pop at you (and a little jealous too, that you can stay home).

Sadly people just don't think before they open their mouths.

Also I suspect that, given you've posted on here and on fb that you're finding things tough in general that you're more likely to pick up on things that possibly aren't intentional.

Well I posted both because I have support both places not just you guys and only certain ppl can see it, so I don't get that last part.

Well I posted both because I have support both places not just you guys, so I don't get that last part.
I'm not sure I understand you. I didn't say you didn't have support, nor am I saying you were wrong in your interpretation of what she said. I can't really think how to phrase it sorry :(

Just that when you're not in a good place because you/we/anyone are stressed it is easily to take things as a personal slight. That's all.

I think I'll shut up because I'm having a terrible day for words tbh

Sooooo. I started the morning sitting in the middle of the living room crying and hitting the floor because im so frickin tired. Dylan has been out of sorts for 3 days, toby decorated 2 rooms (floors and furniture) with coco pops and then decided to pee in the potty and roll it over... ive got people coming to view the house later and I have to start packing. Urghhh. Vent.

Well I posted both because I have support both places not just you guys, so I don't get that last part.
I'm not sure I understand you. I didn't say you didn't have support, nor am I saying you were wrong in your interpretation of what she said. I can't really think how to phrase it sorry :(

Just that when you're not in a good place because you/we/anyone are stressed it is easily to take things as a personal slight. That's all.

I think I'll shut up because I'm having a terrible day for words tbh

yea i totally misread that the first time. i thought because i posted about the situation on here and on fb, but i think you're meaning because i've posted both here and fb that i'm having a hard time, yes?

i've been numb so long from my meds that dealing with any kind of emotion is foreign. give me numb any day because just don't feel like me.

You do seem very stressed at the moment Dana, and it is easy to misinterpret, when feeling like that. Was there any communication with her after the above convo?

nope, even if the initial comment was taken out of context, her feelings were made VERY clear on what she thinks of me and what i do. can't take that back.

It was a bit snipey the reply after your comment. If be keeping a distance from her from now on!

i have every plan of steering clear for some time. i don't know why i insist upon forcing friendships with ppl that think these things of me, but i'm done. family or not. keeping my distance both physically and otherwise for sure.

Thanked cos we still don't have a sodding like option on here!

Life is too short to waste on small minded selfish people Dana :) x

I use thanks as a like, too! Stoopid site!

Do a huge facebook cull, Dana. That's what I did. Felt good!

Wow I missed a lot! Just a quick post from me tonight.
The people that looked at the house, the husband loved it, slam dunk buy it on the spot. The wife continuously complained about how far it is from the closest city. I'm sorry, but you knew that before you came to look at the house. We're hoping that she was just playing bad cop with the agent and hopefully they buy the place. I'm still not holding my breath.

Sorry Dana! She's a bitch. I'd keep my distance too.

Happy Thanksgiving US ladies :) Enjoy your feast!

I'm getting one too! My SIL is American so we've taken the day off and I'm off to stuff my face!!! OH was coming and I was worried about the not drinking thing but he has to work now so I need to drive!! Yay!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->