April Mummies 2011

Katherine, did you have bad MS with your twins??

I was only sick a few times but that was because of flu. I had AWFUL nausea though. I couldn't put on the slow cooker for months. Serious aversion to lingering cooking smells. I ate nothing but jacobs crackers from 6 weeks (which is when I went into maternity jeans) til about 10 weeks? And I felt REALLY ill if I didn't eat them often. I'd get up at 3am feeling really really sick so I kept some by my bedside table. I had to eat around 6 of them to stop the MS.

See, looking back I shouldve known it was twins really... By 12 weeks I was measuring 20 :haha:

Glad youre feeling better jakes :) x

Been off college 2 days. Energy has been zapped I just dont have the get up and go to do anything. Feels like another chest infection. Physiotherapy and long term antibiotics still arent helping much
And its march before im back at the consultant!

I may or may not have just ordered a couple wraps....one to make into a wrap strap toddler mei tai for Isis and the other will be a ring sling for a possible future squish. :D
I'm so excited that Isis will let me wear her again! Now I just need a toddler carrier...

Glad you're feeling better Rachel!
I hope you get better soon Gem!

abby has a fever of 105, i didn't realize it could even get that high!

Yeah my sil had a fever of either 105 or 106 and had a febrile seizure when she was little. Not pretty! Highest Isis has had is 103.

Scary!!! Glad it is coming down now Dana!
Great that Isis will let you wear her again! Rosie is always asking to get in the carrier.
Hope you get some energy back soon Gem!
Jakes I hope you are still feeling better! I don't think it matters what you eat if choices are so limited by what you will actually be able to keep down. My midwife with Rosie said "hey, at least you're eating!"

How is she now dana? Hope she's ok.

Slightly more energy. Ive done nothing but clean this weekend then had parents an gdad round for tea tonight. Been nice! Love having my own place.

Cut my neck an it looks like a hickey :') walked into the mop handle half asleep last night... was bleeding and everything lol :| I phoned my mum cos it choked me a little!

There isn't a happy dance big enough to describe how awesome my evening has been! As some of you may have seen on fb my kitty Mr. Meowgi came home tonight!! He's been missing since mid-October! I'm pretty sure our neighbor tried to make him a house cat and steal him from us and things went poorly. He was very upset when I brought him in the house tonight but once he spent a little time sleeping in the garage (his home before) he came in the house for a bit and was purring. I bought a collar and ID tag for him tonight so hopefully that will help avoid any future issues. One thing, he came home quite overweight so I'm going to have to watch how much I feed him.
Second, Isis went to sleep in her own bed tonight so far!!! She was exhausted and fell asleep while I was in there but I'll take that as a victory. I wanted to exercise tonight after that but it was too late. I'm going running after work tomorrow though.

she's doing alright, has a pretty consistent fever of around 102 but i'll take that. she's whiny like her father when she's sick, or should i say more whiny? makes me want to stab kittens with spoons.... :wacko:

Aw I hope (for her and for your sanity!) that she gets better soon x
There's a lot of bugs going around here too at the mo. Both twins have a really nasty cold. Eddie has a really congested cough too which is making him so mucousy that he's bringing up a lot of his milk and food. I'm constantly covered in sick and snot at the moment! Toby's got a little sniffle but he's pretty good with colds so hopefully it won't develop. And I have to look after them all while battling a cold and what appears to be yet another sinus infection. Yay!

I put the xmas tree up last night but it's still bare because I didnt have the energy to put the lights on. :( Today is a pj and cookie day for sure.

Gah. I think I've lost this baby :( I had pink spotting yesterday and slight achiness in my bed. I can no longer find the heartbeat on the doppler and it is eerily similar to my missed miscarriage I had last time. I have phoned the EPAU and self referred by leaving a message so im hoping they will call me back and arrange a scan at some point. I have no symptoms. Gutted isn't even the answer.

Gah. I think I've lost this baby :( I had pink spotting yesterday and slight achiness in my bed. I can no longer find the heartbeat on the doppler and it is eerily similar to my missed miscarriage I had last time. I have phoned the EPAU and self referred by leaving a message so im hoping they will call me back and arrange a scan at some point. I have no symptoms. Gutted isn't even the answer.
Oh Jakes I hope you're wrong :( Please keep us updated won't you, when you feel able to obviously.

It is VERY early to reliably find a heartbeat with a doppler. It's why MWs won't try at appointments until much later because the stress it can cause is immense.

The bleeding may be just one of those things, lots of Mums do have some bleeding.

Hope the EPAU get in touch quickly - can you not just turn up there?

You can self refer or turn up but they will only book you an appointment. I managed to get a scan for 2.45pm tomorrow so I will definitely keep you all updated. How are you feeling Gertrude? Bloody flying isn't it?!?

Oh Rachel, I hope you're wrong!! :hugs: Please keep us updated! I agree with Gertrude, its still early to find the heartbeat with doppler. I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

Katherine, I hope the babies feel better soon!

Dana, how long has she had a fever? Isn't there a certain number of days and then you're supposed to take them in? I hope she feels better soon! I hate it when sick people are whiny! I hate it when Isis is whiny anyway.

Well Isis was in bed with me by 2:30 this morning. I kinda missed her when I went to sleep last night so I wasn't too upset that she came to sleep with me. I'm just glad I didn't have to sleep with her all night.

Our kitty ran out the garage this morning like usual so hopefully he comes back. I just can't bear to keep him in when he wants out.

Oh no jakes! Hope you're wrong!
Like the others said though, pink spotting doesn't have to be something bad and I could only find this baby with a full bladder until about 13 weeks.
Now I can find it when my bladder is empty.

Hope everything is fine :hugs:

Thankyou :hugs:

I just want the scan over and done with now, whatever the result!!

oh Rachel, I really hope you are wrong! thinking of you tomorrow.

hope all the poorly kids feel better soon, I was ready to poke kittens today too Dana, whinge, whinge, whinge, tantrum, tantrum....baaaa! I had DH off work all last week and man did alex have far to much attention, he can't deal with sharing me again!

he fell asleep tonight by 6.15 though lol, demanded more milk as I was doing bedtime and in the couple mins it took me to go get it he was flat out! just hope we don't have a horribly early start tomorrow! xx

Massive :hugs: Rachel. Really hope you're wrong & the scan tomorrow gives good news :hugs:

Hope everyone with poorly/whiney babies gets a break soon.

Great news on your cat being home, Danielle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->