April Mummies 2011

Thinking of you Rachel!! :hugs:

I need to work on Isis's sleep! She takes a long nap at school and then won't go to sleep until 9:30pm after I lay with her for like an hour. Then I feel bad because she's so tired in the morning that I let her sleep in while I get ready and then get her ready. I told her teacher not to let her sleep as long today. I didn't let her sleep in as long this morning.

I'm going to ask you guys this question because my co-workers with kids are very authoritarian parents and that's not my style. So every night I put Isis to bed in her bed. She asks me to stay with her until she's asleep. Then at some point in the night she wakes up, calls out to me, I come get her and she asks to go to my bed and I let her. She sleeps very well a little ways from me in bed for the remainder of the night.

My issue is that getting her to fall asleep in her bed takes forever! But I worry that if I start just settling her in my bed every night then it'll be harder to transition her back to sleeping in her bed once we're all living together again. Also having her in bed all night when DH is home kinda cramps our style iykwim.

If she settles quicker in my bed then I can get up and go do things after she falls asleep. As it is now, she takes so long to settle that its basically time for me to go to bed immediately after she goes to sleep.
Any thoughts?

Good luck Rachel! Fxed everything is fine!

Danielle , Aleena still sleeps in bed with me all night.
She has a hard time sleeping , she's been like this from very early on. So we do what gives us both the most sleep, cosleeping!
She stopped napping at 18 months and still goes to bed in between 9-11pm lol.
She will sleep for 10-12 hours with a few nursing sessions in between.

My instincts were right; I bloody knew it right down to the day. Baby's heart stopped beating 4 days ago, and baby appeared normal. Just no reason. AGAIN?! Why?! I'm so angry and pissed off at the moment. I had to go to the scan Alone and that upset me as it was!

:( :( :(

So sorry Rachel , that is devastating news, know we are all here for you

:hugs: :hugs:

I'm so so sorry Rachel! :hugs: I'm sorry you had to go alone to the scan too. If there's anything we can do let us know! We are all here for you, all hours of the day!

Thanks Naima! we're ok with co-sleeping, but we both grew up with non-gentle parenting so we struggle sometimes with the dogmas of "ruining" her and how our families perceive us. We have co-slept off and on as Isis needed it. I just have this strange fear that if I stop putting her in her bed first she'll never go back to sleeping in her bed.

Oh fucking hell jakes :( I am SO sorry :( I really really wanted it to be so different :(

Will you get to find out anything? I don't know much about MMC but to have 2 is surely unique/rare?

Oh mate :( I'm just so sorry :(

Thankyou girls :hugs: I'm ok now. Scheduled d&c for Monday although I fear it may happen sooner. What a bloody year. There's no link. If I was to have a third miscarriage (my last one wasn't classed as MC) then I'd get referred to the top Gynae in the country who so happens to have a clinic at my hospital. But they REALLY don't think I have problems as I have two children already. I'm ok. Just a bit numb as to why it's happened again. I find it odd how I knew that day it happened. Thankyou for all your support, you are a lovely bunch aren't you !!

Aww jakes so sorry to hear your news. Xx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I'm so sorry, Rachel. That's devastating. :cry: Give Jake & Amelia some big snuggles tonight. Thinking of you. In a way I hope you don't have to go on Monday :cry: & your body does things naturally. Everyone is right, we are always here. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Oh Rachel :( I really hoped everything would be ok! Im so sorry to hear. Have snuggles off the two kids you have already and theyll be bound to comfort you xxxx

Thankyou :hugs: I'm very lucky to have my kids to snuggle up too!!

Amelia had her school photos home today, omg they are hilarious!!! She has her legs crossed in one with hands on knee; she looks so innocent but she bloody isn't!! She's gotten so gobby recently and by that, I mean LOUD!! Also obsessed with Christmas lights, trees, anything sodding Xmas!!

Isis is obsessed with Santa right now which is funny because I don't remember ever talking about Santa. But she knows what he looks like and points him out every time she sees him. Too funny! This year will be a blast with the kids! DH puts his headlamp on red and bounces through Grandpap's woods as Rudolph! :haha:

Poppy to is really into Christmas. Although she does make me laugh as she is petrified of Santa. On discussion regarding dropping presents off etc she said strernly. He is not coming in our house. You can wait up mummy and meet him at the door. I don't want him to step foot in our house.

oh god Rachel, I'm so sorry :(, life is a bitch sometimes xxx

Ollie loves Christmas too. This year will be the best yet since theyll all have a much better understanding of it all! Excited!
I have my Christmas tree decs but no tree lmao!

Decided to post my flat pics on my fb. My dad told me hes proud of me and how much I've managed to do to it so soon :3

I am proud of you too, gem!!! It's a nice place you have, there.

We don't have a Xmas tree up yet, either!! Slacking but only because of recent events. No sign of bleeding yet and I'm actually hoping my body can hold on til Monday as I REALLY don't want to do a natural passing ever again. Was horrendous :(

Now I'm getting wierded out by the fact I'm carrying a baby with no heartbeat ;( sorry girls, I'm on a bit of a downer tonight.

Oh Rachel :( times like this I wished we all lived on each others doorstep... could call round with a shit ton of tea and try our best to take your mind off it all / make you feel better. Im afraid a virtual hug will have to do :/ xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->