April Mummies 2011

Ita 6am. Been up since half 4 and the twins are both screaming. Im already in tears and have screamed into my hand from their non-stop crying. Im not sure I can cope. Its like they cant stand me. Dylan was fine with dh then the second hes given to me he goes crazy screaming the place down. Feel like sucj a shit mum and im so so tired.

It's a shame babies can't communicate from birth!!! It'd make things a hell of a lot easier. In so sorry you are having a shit morning. How old are the twins now? I'm wondering whether some toothy pegs could be looming? Could be making them more het up than usual? Hoping it's just a phase. But completely understand how frustrated you must feel. Make te babies safe and step outside for a breath of fresh air. Sometimes it can help just leaving the situation for a few minutes.

Sorry just seen your ticker saying they are 6 months. Where has that time gone?!

you're not a shit mum, please stop saying things like that about yourself because it simply isn't true

you know that babies pick up on Mums moods more than anyone else, if you're feeling anxious or on edge (and who wouldn't being woken up by 2 babies shouting at you :haha: ) then they will too :)

shit? yes, stupid biofeedback? yes, but that's how it goes

can you get yourself a break? go for a massage? do something that is JUST about YOU. no babies, no boy, no husband, just YOU?

So in scan news, it was crap :( I have a retroverted uterus this time apparently, and being so fat too, meant they couldn't do the NT bit of the scan at all and the photo may as well be a swirling mass of nothing.

BUT she saw a heartbeat, and could confirm there was only one in there :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Due date moved forward to June 21st now (was moved back with pickle) and I've just worked out, if I take the leave I want before finishing, I will finish work May 16th, which seems WAY too close for my liking :wacko:

Couldn't they do a transvaginal scan? I had that with my first as my uterus was retroverted with Jake. That way it gives a much clearer picture? Or maybe refer you to someone that can?! Very happy to hear your good news!!! How exciting!!

Couldn't they do a transvaginal scan? I had that with my first as my uterus was retroverted with Jake. That way it gives a much clearer picture? Or maybe refer you to someone that can?! Very happy to hear your good news!!! How exciting!!

Nah they've just referred me for the quad blood test instead :shrug:

Good news with the one baby Gertrude! :)

Katherine, can you take everyone out for a walk or something just for a change of scenery? sometimes all it takes is a little distraction.

Well I'm sick. swollen glands, sore throat, stuffed up head. Barely got Isis to daycare. My only motivation to do even that was then I could be alone and get some sleep. We tried to facetime with DH again this morning and Isis wanted nothing to do with talking to him. This was after begging to talk to daddy for like 30 minutes.

Ok, I'm off to bed.

yep those are def what matters dana, but doesn't mean other stuff doesn't suck

that was sam :haha:

:dohh:, sorry sam!!

Bloody hell caroline! He will learn from his mistake and I'm pretty sure he won't be doing it again, especially if he saw you go mad at him (which I'd have been the same!!). We have had near miss moments. It's harder when you have a sibling to carry or push a scant get to them as fast.

I may take Amelia out on hers tomorrow. I haven't for ages because I'm usually rushing somewhere but may let her ride it to preschool tomorrow. She also scares me as she has no fear. I mean NONE!

Oh yes I know that feeling, think my reaction actually freaked him out though.

So in scan news, it was crap :( I have a retroverted uterus this time apparently, and being so fat too, meant they couldn't do the NT bit of the scan at all and the photo may as well be a swirling mass of nothing.

BUT she saw a heartbeat, and could confirm there was only one in there :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Due date moved forward to June 21st now (was moved back with pickle) and I've just worked out, if I take the leave I want before finishing, I will finish work May 16th, which seems WAY too close for my liking :wacko:

Wooho0 to little squidge being safe in there though! Grr At not getting decent scan :-( xx

What a nuisance for
You Gertrude. At least it's being dealt with though. How are you feeling now? Less nausea?

Glad to hear that everything went ok yesterday, Rachel. Hope your recovery is going well :hugs:

:hugs: Katherine. You are NOT a shit mum. At all. I agree with the others, you need a proper break & a change of scenery :hugs:

Rubbish news on the scan & pic, Gertrude :( But glad that baby is doing well in there :) And been brought forward is good news!

Get well soon, Danielle. Hope you got some good sleeping in today :hugs:

Hope you get your living arrangements sorted out soon, Sam :hugs:

Rex & I are both poorly :( We have matching coughs :dohh: I know I'd feel better with a full night's sleep but with Rex poorly & wanting mummy, that's not going to happen. Aw well, I break up a week tomorrow & am all done for Christmas so I'm looking forward to some rest :)

Oh & you actually won't believe this but we've got our iPad back :happydance: :D IKEA phoned DH yesterday afternoon to say it had been found. After 2 whole days, I'm seriously thinking a member of staff took it but realised it as useless so then handed it in. Ah well, we'll never know & the important thing is we've got it back :)

Forgot to say, I also have to take low dose aspirin because of the preeclampsia last time :)

Wow sarah!! I agree, definitely a staff member!!

Gertrude at least they are taking precautions this time. When was it diagnosed last time?

Just caught up, congrats sazzle!!!!! That's brilliant!!

Jakes, I wasn't diagnosed until the end last time, it all came on around week 38 and then I was induced as my BP went up but I was so close anyway

Dissolvable aspirin makes me think of fizzy feel good (alka seltzer) and hangovers :blush:

Glad all is well Gertrude

Hugs to all who need them x

i took baby asprin for possible family related blood clots the whole pregnancy, we have tiny little pills you can take. never heard of taking them for blood pressure related things though.

Sazzler great news on getting it back!

Gertrude glad everything was ok at the scan but whats a thingy uterus? (Cant remember the right word ha on my phone)

Rachel how are you now? Hope youre ok.

Hope anyone ill gets well soon!

Ollies sick again... doc said its a virus. Really bad cough:/

the thingy uterus you're talking about is when they stick the pole in your lady bits to see the baby. we do that here in the US until you're 12 weeks so they can get a clearer pic since the sound waves doesn't have to go thru so much mommy (cervix only instead of all the stuff protecting your uterus.)

Blimey cant believe you got the ipad back. What a stroke of luck! CCan it be unblocked again?

Dh has made me feel shitty. After blatent attempts to get him to tell me im doing an alright job bevause ive been doubting myself, hes gone and done the opposite. So im sorry but I do feel like a shit mum right now because the person who sees most of my parenting is telling me im doing it wrong.
We've hit a 6m sleep regression so ive tried being super strict with routine at night. He screwed that up last night necause when I told him to take dylan to bed, dylan woke up and instead of settling him dh decided to play with him for half an hour so he was over tired. Because of that he didnt settle til after 10pm and I even told dh tonight was going to be a bad night as a result. So it gets to 1am and dylan wakes up and I put him in our bed. 3am he wakes up again. I had to hold him upright and cuddle him but any time I moved he cried. Cue dh telling me dylan was obviously hungry, im not feeding him enough, I should give him.a bottle, etc. Then when I needed 2 minutes to calm down I put dylan in the cot, and dh piped up with "you alwayd make the same mistake putting him back in the cot when hes not going to sleep because hes hungry"
I just wanted to shout at him so so much. He wasnt hungry, he was over tired from disturbed sleep and being played with after bedtime.
Cba with hia bullshit tonight. Me and dylan are in tobys room. Funnily enough I got dylan to sleep almost immediately. Eddie woke up and dh struggled with settling him. Maybe I shouldve told him he was doing something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->