April Mummies 2011

he may see most of your parenting, but from what you've posted on here, he's not such the great parent either. take it with a grain of salt since clearly he doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground. i don't think yelling would do anything, but i'm ok with making a snarky comment or two at the appropriate level. not very grown up of me, but damn. enough is enough already.

Urghhh hes just got up and left eddie in the bed soaking wet because his nappy leaked front and back because DHs ONLY answer to getting a baby to sleep is to make him drink water til he passes out. Eddie drank 8 or 9 ounces of water seemingly all at once. Arent 6 month olds meant to have like 4oz a day?! Ffs.

Ive sent him a link about sodium levels and water intoxication. Fat lot of good it'll do, he'll just have a go at me. But hey, if he can tell me I'm doing a shit job then I can correct him on this one thing.

babies are supposed to only have a couple oz at at time of water, sounds goofy but i was always told their little bellies can't handle it.

i just....got nothing else for you....i'm sure he's not and we're getting only the bad, but he sounds like a grade A jerk.

I know im sorry. It is only the bad. Hes been so supoortive with the issues with my mum being all selfish and reacting badly to us moving... its just that he always seems to have these little outbursts when I need them least and it leaves me feeling like im the one causing all the setbacks and stuff. I dunno.

So ladies ...
Me and the husband have now decided that were ready for baby number two and have started trying and seeing what happens but not putting pressure on ourselves etc. Obv no one else knows this so please don't put anything on facebook

The last two days I've been feeling nauseous on waking, gone off food and tea and this morning gagged when cleaning my teeth.

All the above happened when I was pregnant with poppy.

If I was pregnant i would literally be 6 days since conception at the most so I'm thinking it's just psychosomatic but still I'm annoying the hell out of myself lol

My next period would be due Xmas day. How many days before can u test as I'm not sure I'd wanna test Xmas day.

Damn bodies!

Guess ill just have to wait and see but given it took me about a year to fall with poppy I'm not clutching onto straws lol

Cottles, I'm afraid I agree with Dana, your hubby is a grade a twat sometimes. How fucking dare he say that to you!

He should be backing you and supporting you 100% of the time! not criticising you. I'm glad he is being supportive of you with your mum but I wish he'd grow up.

Does he have self esteem issues himself? I so because they way he treats you sounds like it to me. Can't bring himself to say nice things about you, or encourage you. Reminds me of an ex of mine.

For what it's worth you, WE all think you're doing a great job. Please have more faith in yourself. But also please don't ask him for reassurance again, he's proved again he cannot be relied upon so fuck him. If you need reassurance ask us. I bet we know more about what you re doing than he does anyway.

I do wish though that your self esteem wasn't so fragile because you are quite clearly one clever, beautiful, fun and hard working woman, I wish you could see it :) xxx

Oh Katherine :hugs:, I agree with the others xx

Ria that's exciting! In theory you can test with simething like a frer 9-10dpo!

Here I lost it last night too and with only 1 baby as alex sttn. Eddies longest stint of sleep last night was 1hr 25mins, after that I had to put him in his own room for a few mins while I cooled off, really frustratingly he was so close to going to sleep but didn't. Then fed on/off all night. This morning I know why, he's horribly snotty so has his first cold :-(

Thanks ladies xx
He doesnt have self esteem issues. He waits until I get like this then says "I shouldnt have to tell you youre doing a great job/you look nice/whatever... you should already know that I think that anyway" so it was probably my own fault asking him to be nice when I knew he wouldn't humour me. I get the last laugh, I KNEW it was super tiredness. Its 9:50am and dylan has only just woken up.

Ria, so exciting! Ive always got my faint bfps the day before af. Not much longer before that but I only use ICs xx

Oooh! That's exciting Ria! :dust: I got my BFP this time at 11dpo on a FRER. They're expensive but worth it :thumbup:

:hugs: Katherine. Sleep deprivation is the worst thing ever. No wonder you feel so down. You are doing the right thing by trying to be strict with bedtime routines. Keep going!

:hugs: for you as well, Caroline. I remember when Rex was sleeping like that. It's so tough.

I'm back at home with my poorly man. I feel so bad for going to work this morning. I could tell he wasn't right but couldn't put my finger on what was wrong aside from his cough (which had us up at 4am, oh joy!). Once he got to play group with the childminder this morning, he had really diarrhoea everywhere so I had to collect him :( Poor little man. He keeps 'sharting' now so he's currently sat on a towel. Think I might have to try & get him in at the docs about his cough too cos it's getting worse. Although they'll prob only tell me it's a virus :dohh: Reeeaaallly hoping he might have a nap today so I can join him. A broken 5 hours sleep last night is not good whilst pregnant :cry: He only ever wants mummy when he's poorly which is lovely but tiring.

Thanks ladies xx
He doesnt have self esteem issues. He waits until I get like this then says "I shouldnt have to tell you youre doing a great job/you look nice/whatever... you should already know that I think that anyway" so it was probably my own fault asking him to be nice when I knew he wouldn't humour me. I get the last laugh, I KNEW it was super tiredness. Its 9:50am and dylan has only just woken up.

Ria, so exciting! Ive always got my faint bfps the day before af. Not much longer before that but I only use ICs xx
Ah fair enough, it just reminded me ofsomething my ex did that's all :)

He's right, you shouldn't have to ask. The fact you do says he doesn't tell you. You're not a mind reader ffs :D

Riri How exciting :happydance:

Well we shall see. If symptoms persists I'll buy a frer but either way I'll be fine as I don't expect to conceive quickly

I have absolutely no energy! I am so sick. I need my husband to come home and take care of me. Instead I have to take care of myself a toddler and a dog. The house is a disaster since I have no energy to do anything but sit on the couch. I'm heating up homemade chicken noodle soup I made last month for dinner but I don't think Isis will eat it. I'll figure out something to give her.

Katherine, you shouldn't have to ask for positive feedback from him, but then when you do ask, he should give it to you. That's what spouses should do for each other. :hugs: being a mom is tough!

Thinking of you RiRi!! So exciting! I don't remember how soon dpo I got my positive on a FRER but it was before I was supposed to. We were going to visit friends and we were going to be drinking with them so I needed to know.

Ladies what have you all got your LOs for christmas? I feel like I havent got got enough "fun" stuff as there's a lot of books, learning stuff and puzzles.

Rex's main presents are:
Xmas PJs
Xmas top
Sully dressing gown
Monsters Uni Slippers
Monsters Uni PJs
Thomas Take'n'Play Adventure castle
Take'n'Play engines: Stephen, Millie, Connor, Caitlin
Spy play set of Mack from Cars
Talking Jessie doll from Toy Story
Cuddly Bullseye from Toy Story
Set of small Dalek figures
Only think he'll be bothered about the Thomas stuff! His stocking is full of painting/drawing stuff, chocolate & bath things. He's got a Christmas Eve bag from Tootsie (our elf!) as a leaving present from her too :)

I'm the opposite to you, Katherine! I feel guilty that I've bought too much fun stuff & not any educational stuff! But he has a whole book case full of books & a whole storage box of puzzles so I'm trying not to dwell on it. Just like I'm sure the boys have tonnes of fun stuff :flower:

Hardly anything!! She asked for a baby so I got her a Baby Annabel from "Father Christmas" and a Minnie Mouse bike complete with baby seat lol!!! Other bits and bobs are clothes, dress-up and books. They are getting a play kitchen to share as the other one fell to bits. Both getting bikes to cause less arguements! They are so so easy at this age! I dread the day they ask for expensive gadgets!!

i haven't gotten a whole lot for abby. knee high boots, dry erase table and chairs, stuffed pinky pie my little pony, some leap frog wifi thingy, and some dry erase crayons. we stopped because of the money stuff, but now i'm feeling bad seeing all your lists...

Isis has a tool kit (play hammer, screw driver etc), several things of play food and play serving set, I asked my parents to get her the play kitchen. I bought her a personalized book (girl who lost her name) and her cousins one each too. I also bought all the kids matching pjs. I asked FIL to get puzzles. I don't know what I'm going to suggest for SIL, Isis doesn't need anything! Maybe play stuff for her Dora playhouse. I'm running out of things to suggest. My mom was looking at buying her a radio flyer tricycle but Isis already has 3 tricycles (one is a Schwinn!). Maybe an art easel from SIL...

Dana don't worry, she won't even know if other kids get more! Plus it's not about how many gifts she gets.

Aleena got a $200 kidkraft kitchen a couple weeks ago as an early christmas present, she will still get some more on christmas from family, but that is all we are buying her.
the kid has 2 toy boxes filled to the top with toys, then theres still toys laying around everywhere.
i think we'll buy a toy for a kid in need instead :)

Poppy has got an innotab 3s , a doll, care bear, keyboard, sweets and then has things like books, cd, nail varnish, art bits for her stocking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->