April Mummies 2011

Is there somewhere in the middle we could meet? 3 weeks from now is actually kinda perfect.

I'm on the east side of I-35 so if you take that up to the TC then you'll miss me, unless you go back down I-35 to I-80 and continue east. I'm near Iowa City. I can take a day or two off if needed though so we can meet up.
No worries Sam, I was thinking from a financial perspective, since staying with me would be free lodging :)

Katherine, you need to go see a dr! Your dh needs the shit beat out of him (sorry I know that's not helpful!)

I'm on the east side of I-35 so if you take that up to the TC then you'll miss me, unless you go back down I-35 to I-80 and continue east. I'm near Iowa City. I can take a day or two off if needed though so we can meet up.
No worries Sam, I was thinking from a financial perspective, since staying with me would be free lodging :)

Katherine, you need to go see a dr! Your dh needs the shit beat out of him (sorry I know that's not helpful!)

totally agree Katherine.

is there somewhere we can all meet? how far away is minneapolis from you? 4.5 hrs from me.

I love the American perception of distance :D you could get from me in Brum to the north coast of Scotland in 4.5hrs :D

is that cuz we're so much bigger? i can't get anywhere really in under 2 hrs, lol

Hah. Yeah distance is sooooo much more of a big deal here. I'm moving 45 miles from where I currently live. Its 45-60 minutes driving and less than £10 in fuel... but my mum breaks down whenever I talk about it. The way people over here see distance, in moving 45 miles away I might as well be moving to Australia.

I dont think I need the dr. Thanks though. I got a good deal of sleep... dh, mil and sil took the kids to a family gathering and I slept til 3:30pm. Definitely much needed rest!

Glad you're feeling better Katherine!
So sorry about your mom Rachel, that is devastating news :hugs:

So I just got a bunch of newborn baby clothes in that I bought online, and I can't wait for this little girl to be born!! Newborn clothes are soooo tiny and cute :cloud9:

I agree with distance!! We are driving to Scotland next year and everyone bar a few of us, is panicking about the time and would rather fly!! It's 9.5 hours from mine in Surrey to Inverness, Scotland. Basically south to north. Not bad compared to larger countries!!

When we travelled from one side of Australia to the other, it took 5 hours on a jumbo jet. We laughed as we thought it's be less and didn't realise HOW big Oz actually is :haha:

oh Rachel, I'm so sorry hun, so hope the treatment works xx

distance is so funny, we've been to Nottingham this weekend, took 5hours including a closure of the m25 and a service stop and it felt like forever lol, only took 3hours on the way home. Alex got to pee on the hardshoulder of the m25 :haha:. bless him though he told us he needed a wee a good 20mins before we managed to be able to stop safely and stayed dry the entire journey, despite us putting a pull up over the top of his pants 'just in case' :D

everyone ready for xmas? xx

We're ready! Chest infections and d&v for all haha
I've slept foe about 20 mins in tge last 36hrs. Zzzzzzz

Bless the twins. Hope they get well soon in time for Xmas and u catch some zzz's soon

The distance perception cracks me up! I'm 40 minutes from the nearest town where there's real shopping, like a target or big grocery store! that's one way! I'm 3 hours from SIL and BIL. 5.5 hours from my FIL and to me that's a far drive. The trip that Sam's taking to move to MA would take her about 4 days probably if she wasn't stopping to see people along the way. From Oregon to Minnesota (where my extended family lives) is a 2.5 DAY drive (about 26-30 hours) and I've done that trip several times in my life. Its just so funny to me :)

Glad you're feeling better Katherine! We used to participate in these drinking and running events. One of the guys we knew was a paramedic and he would hook people up to IV's the next day to help them recover! :)

We're neck deep in cookie making! we did some wrapping last night. today I need to make gifts for Isis's teachers, dye a couple orders (we just got 5.5" of snow!) and finish preparations.

it is so awesome having DH home! he's currently putting dishes away and the house hasn't been this clean in so long! except our mess from last night's shenanigans :)

It is impossible to drive in the UK for 26 hrs without either going in a fucking big circle or falling in the sea :D

I just couldn't cope in the US with having to drive everywhere. I love walking to the shops etc. if I don't need much. A FB page I like put something on a few weeks ago about how delivery slots for Christmas grocery shopping & loads of people in the US commented, saying they couldn't believe we have home delivery for food :haha: I couldn't cope without that luxury. Rex & supermarkets do not mix :dohh: I guess that's a distance thing too. It wouldn't be economical for supermarkets to delivery cos their customers are so spread out. My mum is an hour drive from me & that feels like miles & miles to me even though it's only 60 miles or so :shrug:

We're totally done for Christmas :D Have been been a couple of weeks. I was determined to not be running around trying to get stuff done once I finished work. I just need to clean the house later on today & tomorrow. I'm so excited! We're taking Rex to see Father Christmas at a place called Sundown Adventure Land near us today. Very excited!

:hugs: Katherine. Hope you're all better for Wednesday.

How typical is this bloody weather!!! Looks like we will have a windy chrostmas, and that won't be from the sprouts!

Why is my toddler so freaking loud as soon as she wakes up in the morning?!! We stayed at a friends last night and Rosie and I are the only two awake and Rosie is being loud. I hope she doesn't wake their kids up :/

It's -20c outside right now...and about 20mph wind.

Sarah, I think you just get used to it. I can't imagine living so close to other people :) there's a guy building a house next to us and it's close enough we would consider moving just because of that. One of our grocery stores in town (40 minutes away) will shop for you but you have to pick it up. They have you place your order on their website. I would do that but it has to be during normal business hours and not on weekends so that doesn't help me.

We're finishing up Christmas preparations today. Isis is at daycare, they're having a Christmas party today! And her bf is back from being sick she's a happy camper :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->