April Mummies 2011

Merry Christmas everyone!

Aleena has had a fever since last night, but we still had some family over and presents.
Hope she feels better soon, hate to see her sick :(

Merry Christmas guys!!!!!

Abby had a great time with my side of the family these last few days, just playing and having fun. I had fun being home too, it grounds me in a way nothing else can.

A late merry Christmas from us! Had a lovely but crazy busy time! Boty boys spoilt as normal and other than alex freaking out about santa on Christmas eve just before bed its gone to plan and been really fun :)

Hope you all had fab ones. Sarah I def had a fair bit of drink!

Ooh and eddie had his first taste of food. He sucked on melon on xmas day and mushed carrot and broccoli everywhere then today had xmas soup I made with all the left over veg which he loved...had about 5spoonfuls! X

Merry Christmas!! We spent Christmas Eve with the ILs and Christmas Day with my mom. Ruby has some dinner. A couple bites of squash and potatoes and got to chew on a broccoli stem. She loves it but had 5 bites. Rosie got so much stuff and fell asleep at the dinner table! First time for that lol

I can't believe ruby is 5 months already!!!

I can't believe these babies are so old! We had a great second Christmas! Tonight we'll do second stockings. I'm so overstuffed!

My free T3 and T4 levels were on the low end of normal so we're still following the path of synthroid. I hope it works. I'm tired of being tired and sick.

We're home after our two Christmas Days & a night away for our wedding anniversary :) Had such a lovely time & although it's nice to be back in our own space & for Rex to have all his toys etc. back, I can't help but feel a little bit sad that Christmas is all over :( Wish my mum was just round the corner :(

I managed to get all Rex's toys put away this afternoon. I'm so thankful that I cleared his toys out a few weeks back otherwise there wouldn't have been room! He got some lovely things, lucky little man :) I got some lovely things too plus some treats for the new baby. A Babymel changing bag was the nicest from my mum :D

The family that looked at our house over thanksgiving may make an offer on our house! They're realizing that if they want to live in the country out here there aren't many options. And he starts his new job on the 20th of January (I know because he'll be a co-worker until we move). So hopefully we hear something soon!

Good luck Danielle!

I'm in the opposite situation. The house dh and I are interested in might be taken off the market due to lack of interest. :dohh:
We cant buy it for a few months as it used to be a shop so it has a shopfront which we would need to save up to have converted to a regular bay window.
There is currently someone renting the house so we are hopefully going for a final viewing on saturday and if we really want it we have to convince the current owner to accept our offer but not actually sell it to us for a few months. Hopefully, as theres no other interest and shes not losing money because of the rent shes being paid, she'll agree. Eek.

good luck Danielle!

hope the lady agrees Katherine xx

Lots of exciting house things going on! Good luck to you both :)

Happy new year, ladies! What is everyone up to? We're just off for a buffet & drinks at our friends' house. There'll be 4 couples all with pre-school children & babies so it won't be a wild one. The hosts love just across the road from us so I'll be bringing Rex home when he's tired & getting into bed myself so doubt I'll see midnight! We're going to let him have a late nap this afternoon to see if that pushes him on a bit. Without alcohol I probably wouldn't be able to stay awake until the chimes anyway :haha:

The house we want to buy was taken off the market too but at least here in the US we can go up and offer them less money because there's no agent involved and if they want to sell they can just sell it themselves. So hopefully the people do still want to sell and we'll both get a better deal. They won't have to pay the real estate agent fees and we get a discount :) we'll see. Also they had a strange agent so I'm wondering if they're switching agents. It would have to be off the market for at least 20 days. There are two other houses that we still need to look at in the area too but they aren't as good.

happy new year girls!

we're being really boring this year and just staying at home. We already ate with alex so it gets as exciting as the telly and a glass of wine, :rofl:

hope you get a good deal on the house Danielle!

sarah, sounds fun what you're doing! wish we had local friends like that, all ours are driving distance so with all having young kids unless we stayed over it doesn't really work xx

Happy new year ladies.
We just went to my friend house a bite to eat and came home at 9. Poppy went to bed. Dh came home from work at 10:45 we watched a bit of tv saw in new year and went to bed.

Were so rock n roll lol

Just came on to say happy new year!!
And to let you all know that my fb status is aimed at all of you too... Thank you all for being so supportive l. Love you all xxxx

Gem, I'm so glad we could help support you! I'm so proud of what you have done in 2013! I can only imagine what you can accomplish in 2014!! You are an amazingly strong woman!

I am going to miss hubby so much when he leaves tomorrow! I don't understand how single mom's do it! I will keep on keeping on as long as I have to but I can't wait for the day in 2014 when my family is back together!

Best wishes for everyone in 2014!!

Urgghhhhh. Happy new year ladies.
First tweet I saw of 2014?
My mother: Its all bollocks. I cant pretend to be happy. Woe is me blah blah fucking blah.....

Im moving house in 2.5 weeks. Im stressed and worried and thats her idea of support. She hates it, im stealing her grandchildren, it's the worst thing ive ever done.
I'll be 45 frickin mile away ffs. Arfghhhh.
Tempted right now just to cut her off completely for a few weeks.

Sorry to start the year on a downer. The first 2 hours were the best. Then I saw her tweet.

she's a crap. i'm that far away from my family, sometimes further (depending on the house they're at). my sister is 3+ hours away, also depends on what house they're at (we have the house we were all raised in, and a lake house. the lake house is 45 more min away than the family house). the only one near them is my brother.

has she been like this your whole life? you need to do what your fb status said and be happy with what you're doing, she has no control over you or your feelings, unless you decide to give her some. the problem is, if you're doing things that aren't making you happy.

:hugs: Katherine. My mum is an hour away so she's hardly round the corner & I can't just drop in. But it makes seeing her & my dad even more special cos when we visit we stay over for a couple of night & they get to spend quality time with Rex rather than us just popping in for dinner or going shopping with them or something. We FaceTime twice a week too. If I liked driving than I'd probably see them most weeks but two weekends a month is good enough :) Maybe if you suggest FaceTime or Skype & monthly or bi-monthly visits, your mum might not see it as such a bad thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->