April Mummies 2011

Ah crap, sorry Gertrude. I'm looking at no news meaning good news, I'll be thinking of you both this weekend.

I'm absolutely fine apart from looking like a complete twat!

I rang the office and the woman I spoke to couldn't have been less helpful and gave the impression she didn't understand why I wanted the results.

Which made me and OH row :( (it tipped me over the edge)

This is fucking horrible. What the fuck am I going to do all fucking weekend?

i would've screamed at the lady saying something along the lines of she's obv never had an amnio to see if her baby was going to have downs or not, and then ask for her supervisor. what a twatwad.

Sometimes the shock of some peoples insensitivity can stun you into just going with it until youve hung up and properly atop to think about it. Seriously sucks.
I'll be thinking of you this weekend gertrude xx

Oh Gertrude :hugs: That is absolutely shit. If I were you, I'd not be appearing from under my duvet, sleeping & eating my own weight in crap. But I don't know if that will help you cope.

oh so gutted you've not heard Gertrude, thinking of you xx

Rachel, wow, so glad you can get someone to talk to, about time life gave you a break!

xx

There are posts on different forums with people getting their results in 48hrs, why not mine? :(

I'm >< far away from a proper meltdown/panic/shout :cry: though hopefully with no one able to ring me over the weekend, this will disappear after some sleep

Thanks for listening girls and I'm sorry I'm so me me me atm x

Absolutely no need to apologise, Gertrude. That's what we're here for.

i don't know that i would feel ok talking about anything other than praying your baby is okay. :dust:

Gertrude, get some rest and maybe try to find something to take your mind off this as much as you can.

Oh no Gertrude!! Really hoping you manage to have a decent weekend. So sorry you are going through this and I will be thinking of you guys!!!

anyone else's child become a beast at bed time? my always perfect going to bed toddler has turned demon child. wtf?

Gertrude remember I'm always around this weekend, message away. Even just to vent. I may not reply for a whole, if I'm out and about, but I'll sure as he'll be there for you.

Amelia's sleeping has got so much better! She has done 13 hours these past few weeks. She wasn't bad before but got into a habit of waking and trying other into our bed, which I don't mind, it doesn't last, they soon grow up and refuse cuddles and getting into your bed (Jake : looking at you, kid!). But overall, she's much better. She's upped her days at preschool so is probably more knackered!

Can't believe their 3rd birthdays aren't all that far away now :( Jake is 5 in 3.5 weeks, getting a bit wobbly at how fast it's going! Fuck, in the UK, all our LOs start Reception NEXT YEAR!

Rex is actually pretty good at going to bed at the minute. Shame he can't manage to stay there all night :dohh: We're averaging 3 get-ups a night at the minute :( What makes it more frustrating is he doesn't want anything. He just starts to wander up to our room, one of us usually intercept him on the stairs & put him back to bed then he sleeps for another couple of hours before repeating the same. So frustrating!

Rachel, I know, it's madness how quickly they're growing up. I've got Rex's name down at the foundation unit at our local school so all being well, he'll start there for half days THIS September. They wear a little uniform & everything :)

I think I've over cuddled pickle as she now sighs when I cuddle her :blush:

Feel better after some sleep but I had to go and see dad today, as it was his birthday yesterday (not that he has a clue mind) and I needed to take his cards. I cried waiting for the staff to open the door and when one of the carers said he was still asleep I could have kissed him. I left his birthday cards with him, explained that I had some personal issues (and then cried again) and came home. So now I feel like a shit daughter. Though I know, if he was well, he would support me in any way I needed and wouldn't mind if I disappeared for a bit so I am just holding onto that.

My OH has taken pickle to a birthday party so I'm laid on the sofa with a drink and trash tele. Might do some reading for my course because if it is bad news I won't want to quit that.

Thanks again ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->