April Mummies 2011

Gertrude believe me, I know the feeling of seeming to be the one that gets the statistic. Please tell me your swearing techniques. I like swearing! Pahaha!

I could do with a stiff drink, for sure. I guess my personality has changed and I've become more stoic and strong, and in life have chosen to get rid of negative people and surround myself with positivity and shit like that.

I'll be thinking of you all weekend. Wish I could physically give you a hug and cake. Lots of it. :hugs:

Sorry, other forum was mumsnet. I can't remember the section. I'm also registered with ARC, antenatal results forum. But that was after everything was confirmed. It's very private and they actually vet you before you get the chance to be registered. Which isn't a bad thing IMO.

Please tell me your swearing techniques. I like swearing! Pahaha!
They key to getting all the frustration and anger out, whilst making yourself laugh in the process, is stringing random swear words together in nonsense words. So

fucking****bubblewanksocktosser

but you have to shout it

the dafter (and actually more obscene) it is, the more you laugh, thus solving two issues in one. If you do it with your OH it becomes a competition too and that is genuinely hilarious.

I could do with cake. That can be my mission today x

Sorry, other forum was mumsnet. I can't remember the section. I'm also registered with ARC, antenatal results forum. But that was after everything was confirmed. It's very private and they actually vet you before you get the chance to be registered. Which isn't a bad thing IMO.
Ah I think I've read the entire of Mumsnet in the last 48hours. Their search facility is very good. I also spoke to ARC on Tuesday and they were fantastic. Never heard of them before but they were great. If the results are positive then I'll get in touch with them again.

Yes , do stay in touch with them if it arises. They are very very good and you can actually call as speak to someone that's been through the same.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE te swearing technique! I actually just tried it out and laughed at myself. Makes a change!!!

Oh I didn't know they could put you in touch with others, that's amazing, I can see that being really useful. Thanks.

Yes it does work and the longer you can make the string the better too :haha: and the louder you can shout it also helps.

Apparently during pickles birth I taught the MWs how to do it with style :blush:

I love the cherry on the top addition :D that made me laugh a lot!!!

:hugs: you guys are going through so much right now!

Gertrude, I actually think that the longer it takes the better. I've seen what a human karyotype looks like when they do these tests (toured a human cytogenetics lab in grad school) and a trisomy is pretty obvious. However, if there's a duplication/deletion that is harder to see and you have to use the banding pattern on the chromosomes to determine that. Sorry if you already know this. I don't know what you guys all have for experience/education. So if its taking longer then that would mean to me that they are checking the banding pattern and you have a higher likelihood of no issues. Sorry, if that isn't any help. I suck at trying to console people, all I think about is the scientific aspect of the situation.

Rachel, it seemed like you hadn't been on here for a couple days and I was hoping everything was ok. I can't even imagine the amount of pain you've had recently. Did you get any test results on this last miscarriage? I know they did genetic testing on you and your husband that came back fine.

I do have to say, therapy was great for me when I was trying to get through the grief from losing my MIL. I will never hesitate to go to therapy any time I feel I need it.

Looks like we're poised to get an ice storm. Which I was expecting because DH is in Mexico for work and every year he goes to winter nursery I get an ice storm. 5 years running. And he never goes at the same time, or even the same month. Sometimes January, sometimes February. I can't wait to leave this state.

Wow, Rachel. With all that going on, I'm surprised you're even functioning. Huge :hugs:

:hugs: for having to get through the weekend, Gertrude. That sucks. But what Danielle said really does make it sound like there could be a positive outcome :hugs:

i'd have to agree, as much as waiting sucks, with something like this i'd rather they take their time and be sure. it's a matter of many lives after all..

i'd have to agree, as much as waiting sucks, with something like this i'd rather they take their time and be sure. it's a matter of many lives after all..

Yes I know - as I said earlier to another friend, I'm frightened so I'm allowed to be irrational!!!!!

Danielle that weather out there won't give you a break, will it?! We usually have snow by now but instead it is pissing down constantly. I noticed today when the sun was actually shining, (bloody rarity), my mood was much better. I may look into one of those lights, tonight, as it may just give me that little boost.

They didn't offer testing, and I actually remember saying to my consultant I would rather not know! I can't see us trying again so I would rather put it all behind now.
If I have another MC or MMC, I will see the countries top guy that deals with recurrent miscarriages, and he has a clinic at my local hospital, 2 mins away. So there are options.

Off topic, but I cannot get used to writing 2014 on forms!

Yes I know - as I said earlier to another friend, I'm frightened so I'm allowed to be irrational!!!!!

you're allowed to be whatever the hell you want to be, you're a woman :haha:

35 tomorrow instead of -45, but now we're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow. i'm done! i want summer back!!! :finger:

35 tomorrow instead of -45, but now we're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow. i'm done! i want summer back!!! :finger:

I want snow but there isn't the slightest sign of it here this year :(

Well today I'm struggling like crazy :nope: no phone call so far, and I doubt there will but I'm so anxious in feel so sick. Yesterday as soon as 6pm came I relaxed because the lab and fetal medicine centre closed so I knew I wasn't going to get a call, I'm hoping the same applies tonight and all weekend tbh. It's just the next 5 hours I need to get through

I really want to know now :(

Can they phone you on a weekend? I know that EXACT anxious feeling. Completely irrelevant but I had a back xray last week as my back chronically hurts and I have lipomas (fatty tumours, benign) but I had to wait all weekend before ringing. My stomach was in knots incase they found something sinister, which they didn't. But it's that feeling inyourtummy, the nervousness that takes over. It's awful.

I'm hoping they advise you before 5pm and you can relax over the weekend. I was thinking of you earlier and was paying absolutely no attention whilst walking, ended up almost going into a lamppost! Hope that made you laugh!

Nope once the lab is closest this afternoon that's it until Monday :( though I will ring them to check.

This waiting is horrible :( we are both finding it so tough today.

The lamppost did make me laugh but I hope you're ok?!!!

I'm thinking of you all the time Gertrude! Fingers crossed for good news and hopefully today!

Rachel, I laughed at your story too so thanks! :haha:

I'm at work but I'm really wondering if I should have just stayed home. There's freezing drizzle outside and its going to switch to freezing rain soon. Then after the temps drop tonight it'll be snow :dohh: At least its warmer... I'll take 28-33 any day!

As most of you know I'm trying to cut out diet coke and sub in tea, well my intro pack arrived last night and I just had my first cup of tea and it was good! So easy to make too even though its loose leaf tea. My first cup was Rooibos Chai tea. I might make it a little stronger next time but I think I'll enjoy this new drink.

Well, I better go. I need to go look at some ears of corn today. I'll check back in later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->