April Mummies 2011

hope the weekend goes quick for you Gertrude.

I'm not having bedtime troubles with alex, just loosing his dummy in the night sometimes. eddie however is another matter...I have a feeling hes actually going to be harder to crack at night than alex was and probably because I'm his dummy :/

Just thought I'd say hello, haven't been active on B&B for ages now but am early days with number two so am back :)

Obviously I've missed a lot but I've read the last few pages and I was sorry to see the difficulties some of you are facing and have faced. Gertrude, I've got everything crossed that you get your results soon and they are good :flower:

i remember you!! .....mostly because of your kitty that i could watch for far too long :haha:

Welcome back loopy! H&H 9 months ahead!

Gertrude, it's late so my brain is a bit frazzled. I was going to say something the. Forgot what I was going to say after Hubby interrupted me!

Thinking of you :hugs:

Congrats! :D

Im missing my babies. We are moving in with my in-laws this week so all 3 boys went there on thursday, giving dh and I time to pack and move stuff. We're moving in proper on wednesday-ish and Im seeing them every day but night times are weird without them. The twins are too young to understand but toby kind of knows whats happening and keeps asking to leave nannys and go "back to tobys house".... so upsetting. Hes juat grasping the idea of posession and "home" and now we're moving away from his. Poor little guy

Hi loopy! Great to see you again!I hope you have a smooth pregnancy!

Katherine, Isis is going through something similar. Since we have people who are very interested in the house (second showing next week) I've started to prepare her for the move. When she asks why I'm cleaning so much I tell her that people are going to buy Isis's house so we can buy a new Isis's house where daddy is living. She doesn't seem too upset by it but of course Isis is with me and not living away from us at a new house. I hope Toby copes with it ok.

Still thinking of you Gertrude! I hope tomorrow goes by quickly for you!

It was a busy Saturday for me with dyeing, cleaning and taking care of a slightly sick LO. I should have known something was up. She hasn't taken a nap at home since November ish and today she wanted to take a nap. She slept for about 90 minutes and when she woke she had a low fever. Everything was set for her to go to sleep at 7 and I decided since she was so miserable to give her some ibuprofen. Big mistake! She stayed awake until 10 and so now it's 1am and I'm just getting to sleep! Tomorrow will come too quickly! I put off running errands until Sunday so I'm going to have to get us going pretty quickly in the morning so I have time in the afternoon for other stuff. Please keep us in your thoughts! We have a showing on Wednesday. It's a second showing for the guy I know who's relocating here from Hawaii. This is our best lead yet and I'd really love to live with my husband again! I'm really close to talking to the guy and begging him to buy our house. I'm so done with this whole thing!

Just got a message from mil... tobys not coping too well. Had a bad night and is getting upset by me and dh coming and going. So I think today we'll be packing everything left in the house and I'll be moving in early while dh stays here to finish packing/moving/cleaning and he'll join us in the week.
My mum wont be impressed... shes hated the idea of us moving since day 1 so if I tell her im going early.... Ugh. Gotta prepare myself for the guilt trip.

:wave: Loopy! Nice to see you back. Hope everything goes smoothly with your pregnancy. Will it be a September baby?

Good luck with the second viewing, Danielle :thumbup:

:hugs: Katherine. It's only a couple of days early so your mum will just have to deal with it! You're putting Toby first & that's more important than her feelings.

Hope you're still holding up ok, Gertrude. Got everything crossed for tomorrow for you.

Having childcare issues! I asked our CM if I could put baby down on her list for Jan 2015 & spoke to her about what we'd like to do with Rex's childcare whilst I'm on mat leave. So from now until next Jan, we need to pay a retainer for baby & one for Rex from Sept-Jan when he won't be going cos he's starting foundation. I expected to have to pay one but she's asking us to pay half the usual monthly fee. That will work out as loads :( Think we're going to have to look into a nursery place for baby but then Rex will be somewhere else which is going to be such a pain in the arse on a morning. Argh!!!

danielle-i feel you on the nap thing. abby doesn't take naps anymore, but yesterday she fell asleep from 5-8...we were up until after 11 with her

i got nothing else.

Sazzle that sounds like such a pain! And a tad confusing. Im glad I dony have to deal with childcare, id screw it all up!

So im officially living at MILs now with the boys. Dh will be joining us in a few days. Tomorrow I have to register toby for local nursery waiting lists (he'll start after easter if there are spaces), register all of us with the local doctor, and a bunch of other stuff... I'll forget something for sure.

Gertrude, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope you get the results early and you're not left waiting all day. Xxx

Dh called me this morning from the beach. Part of me wished I could reach through the phone and smack him a couple times! :) but it's quite a bit warmer here today so I'm not so upset. We're supposed to get to the 40's and I believe it. Everything is melting and it's a mess out there.

The house is a mess again! I don't know what I'm going to do short of taking the day off on Wednesday. If I vacuum too soon it won't be clean. Every time Isis is home she takes out tons of toys. I try to pick up after her but I have other stuff to do too. I still haven't sent our Christmas cards. Maybe I'll work on that after I post. I need to send them because I paid for them.

Lol! That would be awesome! I do need to send the one to my grandma in France though because I also need to send with it Isis's school picture and a thank you for the gift she gave us.

Thinking of you tomorrow Gertrude xx

Congrats loopy!

Sarah why not switch rex to nursery too? They usually only ask for a deposit and guarantee a space when you need one in the future, plus never cancel cos they're sick.

My boys have been pushing me to my limits today. Edward will not nap anywhere but on me which is getting kinda draining! Alex is just being 2 and lazy with going to the loo so he's driving me nuts with tones of accidents and I know its lazyness cos he totally had potty training and still has got it out the house, its just like when he's inside he can't be bothered, grrr.

we still have yet to pee on the toilet at all. she's like her mother and had 0 interest until i was 3. every time i bring it up to her she screams NO!! so i try not to push it. not to mention, my step son at 9 still has poop accidents which drove me up the fucking wall when he was here a couple weeks ago. i guess i feel like diapers are easier for now than going thru that stress ever again.

Thinking of you today, Gertrude. Hope you get the call early.

Sarah why not switch rex to nursery too? They usually only ask for a deposit and guarantee a space when you need one in the future, plus never cancel cos they're sick.

Nursery is far from the ideal option for us. The nurseries round us don't open til 8am which is too late for me & DH. We both need to leave for work at 7.30. I've found one close to my work that will take kids from 7 but they charge an extra £7 for that hour which quickly mounts up. Also we have a term time agreement with the CM which is ideal for us both being teachers. In a nursery we'd be paying for 50 weeks childcare a year & only using 39 weeks. Rex is also down for the foundation unit at the school he'll go to & I'd honestly prefer him to settle in school. He's been going on the school run with the CM & asks when he's starting school.

I thought we had everything sussed out for childcare. :nope:

Im confused... why do you have to pay a holding fee for Rex if hes starting foundation? Surely he wouldnt be going back to the CM... or is foundation only one term?

SazzleR, I'm due on the 30th of August (my birthday!) but I'm pretty sure I'll go over so most likely a September baby :)

Im confused... why do you have to pay a holding fee for Rex if hes starting foundation? Surely he wouldnt be going back to the CM... or is foundation only one term?

Because I'm out of the house 3 days a week 7.30am-4.30pm. Foundation is half days 5 days a week from either 8.45-11.45 or 12.15-3.15. We don't have any family who could take him or collect him. Therefore I need wrap around care for him on my working days. I'd planned in my head that we wouldn't need the CM for the autumn term when I'll still be on mat leave & Rex could just go to foundation so I'd get a few hours with just baby to do some baby activities & groups. I knew we'd have to pay a retainer for Rex's CM place but I assumed it would be maybe a one off payment of £100 or something. Not half what we pay :wacko:

I find the whole childcare thing so confusing. I'm sure I'd understand if I used it but y mind is boggling right now!

Just got back from a short trip to the farm. Covered in mud but was great fun! Quick cuppa before the school run then I have my niece and nephew over. Full house tonight. I love it that way. Keeps me busy and occupied!

No other plans for the week as Amelia has gone up to 3 days at preschool so getting a bit back and forth now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->