April Mummies 2011

Harmony is the new non invasive blood test. It can be done from 10 weeks and extracts the fetal DNA from the mothers blood and then tests it for the main genetic problems. It is over 99% accurate but takes 2-3 weeks for the results to come back as the lab is in the states. It isn't diagnostic, so an amnio would still need to be done, but it gives you clear answers very early on.

It isn't on the NHS and costs about £500 at the moment, though that has dropped £250 in the last four months alone. Kings are doing the main research into its reliability at the moment

Thanks jakes, I don't feel very strong at the moment. I'm riddled with anxiety about tomorrow, about the pain, about being scared of how the baby will look.

We have chosen names, and we have decided to give them one of my teddy bears and the blanket my MIL knitted pickle. Seemed better to me than new as they are very loved and part of our family.

oh Gertrude! You are very strong! I can't believe how positive and peaceful you sound. that harmony test is pretty cool! The technology, I mean.

Guys, I hate to keep complaining but I have no one to talk to really. So DH is in Mexico right now and yesterday morning the station manager of the site he's working at was threatened so that guy has been whisked off into hiding and DH's company has shut down all travel to MX. DH was left to make the decision if he comes home or stays there (he was supposed to come back Friday). After a lot of discussion, DH doesn't feel safe riding in a 15 passenger van driving down a single lane gravel road to get to the site to work. He has decided to come home. I'm so worked up even though I know he isn't really in any specific danger. I'll feel a lot better when he's landed in Dallas this afternoon. Between this and the showing this afternoon I'm a wreck. I'm leaving work at 1 to go finish the house and pick up Patsy. Then I'm off to the outlet mall and forget everything while scoring mad deals at the Children's Place that's going out of business. I just need to make it 2 hours and 11 minutes...

Not so positive tonight :( I feel totally alone and haven't heard from any of my friends. They all know tomorrow is the big day and yet everyone is steering clear of me. I know it's because they don't know what to say, or at least I hope it is. But fuck me does no one give a shit?

How hard is it to send a message to say thinking of you? Even my own brother, own BIL and SIL that I see almost every week. No one. Not one single message.

If you have a friend going through anything shit, don't worry about saying the right thing so much you say nothing. Say it, just say anything, don't leave them feeling like no one gives a shit.

We're here, Gertrude :hugs: We're always here. You're most definitely not alone. I really hope that everything is pain free for you tomorrow & you have the support you need from the staff :hugs:

Gertrude, I give a shit! I've been thinking about you all day! I hope tomorrow goes smoothly and as painless as possible!

Dh has escaped from Mexico and back in the us. Haven't heard anything about the showing yet.

I give a ton of shits! ! ive been thinking about you almost nonstop since last week. if you want to post pics, you can do so safely here without judgement. I hope all goes smooth as it can tomorrow :hugs:

:hugs: Gertrude !

You are a very strong woman.. I hope tomorrow goes as smooth as possible , we are thinking of you.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a lot of support from your friends and family Gertrude :( hope today has been gentle on you, have been thinking of you.

Gertrude, the same happened with me. People seem to avoid as they don't know what to say, but if anything, it bewilders me why they would. We are all here for you. I hope today is as gentle on you as it can be.

I hope your family are more supportive from now on. That has made me
Feel very upset for you. :hugs:

Gertrude, I don't know what time it is there but just know that I'll be thinking of you all day!

I'm a wreck still! No word on the house. I'm busy at work which is good but I can't get it out of my mind.

You've been on my mind all day too, Gertude.

I've just got back from a trip to A&E :( Waving goodbye to my sister out of the kitchen window this afternoon, I shut the window on Rex's index finger :cry: He screamed straight away & I saw it was bleeding so ran it under the tap for a minute it so only to see that there was a huge chunk of skin missing from the end & some of his nail was missing :cry: I had no idea what to do in my panic! All my first aid training from work deserted me. I managed to grab some kitchen roll & raise his arm but as there was only me in the house & it wouldn't stop bleeding, I didn't know what to then do. So I rang 111 who told me to take him to A&E but not to stop putting pressure on it. Rang DH's BIL to come to my rescue as everyone else was at work. Thankfully, a bleeding toddler got seen straight away by triage who put a huge dressing, bandage & sling it on & only waited just over an hour to see the doctor. He doesn't need stitches & has only damaged to the top layer of skin. Thank god. Feel so guilty :cry: He's been so brave.

I've been thinking of you all day too Gertrude, I hope today went as smoothly as possible. xxx

Danielle I hope you hear something soon!!

sarah, ouch! accidents happen hun, hope he has a quick recovery x

Thinking of u today Gertrude. Hope all has gone as expected. We are always here for u xxx

Ouch Sarah he will heal and won't remember. Accidents happen xx

Unfortunately, Ria, I think he will remember :( He has the most ridiculous memory. He comes out with things all the time that happened months & months ago that we haven't mentioned. I know he won't let this drop :( I just hope he doesn't blame me :cry: & hate me for it. I'm so worried that I've permanently damaged his perfect little hand :( That he'll scar or his nail won't grow back properly :(

Oh Sazzle! I'm so sorry! Poor Rex! This a good opportunity to teach him about "accidents" :) I'm sure he'll be fine.
Thinking of you Gertrude!

Well $1700 later and our Jeep is running great and has had all preventative maintenance for who knows how long! Hopefully a while :) So our house is one of two houses that they are deciding between. Our realtor said to except a decision as quickly as tonight but definitely in the next couple days. Dh is coming home and I can't wait for someone to be able to spend time with Isis and she is really really missing him. I think the 2 weeks at Christmas ruined her. We're going to do FaceTime tonight I think. We're at least going to talk on the phone.
So we have a high wind warning for tonight (gusts up to 50mph) and the county to the west of us has a blizzard warning...

I havent had a chsnce yo get online but wanted to let you know youve been on my mind gertrude. I hope youre as ok as can be expected just know :hugs: xx

Ouch sazzler! Hope hes ok but dont blame yourself. He'll be fine :) x

Had one hell of a week... I found my dad hanging from the loft last Thursday. I had to help cut him down and luckily we managed to save him. Worst thing ive ever had to do. I keep getting flashbacks. I cried for like an entire day. Then on Sunday my nan had a heart attack. Shes having surgery today to have stints put in so got everything crossed that that goes ok. And the stupid walm in centre made me panic over ollie on Wednesday cos he has a rash an they told me to go to a and e asap since it could be meningitis. So I rushed there only to ve told its eczema. But its spreading like wild fire so off to the docs again today.

I need some vodka I think ha. :/

Shitting hell Gem. Seriously cant even imagine... im so sorry. The universe needs to give you a fkin break. :( :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->