April Mummies 2011

i'm laughing pretty hard and DH trying to teach Abby how to play "memory"

You girls are all spread out too far across your vast country though!

And that vast country is why houses are so cheap! If you bought a house here you could bring your whole family! :haha:
Oh and don't forget we're finishing the basement so that'll add another 800 or so square footage to that house. Did you guys see the "barn" too? We will have so much space for everything! Isis is going to get ducklings for her birthday and we'll be looking into getting a "small black bunny with little ears". That's what she asked for.

I just looked out my office window and there's a sundog! So pretty!

Looks fab cheese! Congrats!

So, I've been signed off longer :( another two weeks. I'm really struggling and I don't know now to tell work :(

I still can't face people without my OH and I can't imagine going to see my friends :( I know I need time, but I feel so pathetic not being able to go back to work already :(

Gertrude, don't beat yourself up! You went through major trauma! Time will help. I'm sure everything is still very raw right now! Take care of yourself. Do you have someone to talk to about this? A grief/loss counselor? Massive :hugs: I'm still working on little afghans :) and thinking about you tons!

I'm doing ok, muddling through the buying/selling process and dreaming of pool parties during this horrible cold spell! I think our high temp today is 2F and we have a windchill warning until noon. I can't wait to move and start that adventure! I have to figure out what I'm going to do for 2 weeks in Indiana but I'm sure I'll have a great time! Oh crap! I have to let our friends know we'll be there. eek! so excited!

You are not pathetic, Gertrude. You're grieving. You certainly need more time off work. Could you maybe just tell HR if you don't want anyone else at work to know? :hugs: We are always here to listen.

i don't think you need to tell work anything, it's pretty obvious when you're no longer pregnant. you need to take whatever time you do to grieve and get better, don't rush or push yourself past what you're able.

Gertrude you are far far from pathetic, youre an incredibly strong woman and have been through a hell of a lot. I never get why a lost baby before 24 weeks still doesn't get you maternity leave, not once you've got past 12 weeks anyway, you need to grieve for Lily and what you went through with having her. If you need time off work, have it. I wouldn't be able to imagine facing people for a while yet either. Can you just tell your manager you lost the baby and get her/him to spread the news so there are no questions when you get back? its nobodies business at all as to why you lost her unless you wish to share that info. xxx

Caroline, you expressed that far better than I could have dreamed! She's right on Gertrude.

So I've let Isis stay up way too late watching Jake and the never land pirates but she's so happy! I'm sure this will bite me tomorrow morning... Oh well. Luckily I have a meeting light schedule this week. I just have a ton of shit to do since I'm leaving soon.

Rex had his first nightmare last night :cry: He woke up just after 1am, crying his heart out & screaming 'mummy' over & over. DH rushed down (I'm a bit slow getting out of bed these days!) and Rex starting saying 'there's a giant spider' repeatedly. DH pretended to catch it & I pretended to throw it outside. Despite dealing with the 'spider' he was still really upset so we ended up with a visitor in our bed. Not much sleep had by me as a result but at least Rex slept peacefully after that.

abby has nightmares about sharing all the time. she wakes up screaming and yelling SHARING!!!!! at least once a day. it's a hoot.

aww poor rex.

ahhhh eddies doing my head in, over tired babies :/

Poppy often wakes up shouting bizzare thing or from having nightmares. The worse one was the running man who used to come into her room. Freaked me out when she used to talk about him ha

Yeah the other night toby woke up, gasped and then said "heee's.... gone now" and went back to sleep. Creeped me out.

sometimes she talks about me or says "i love you momma", she's a talker like her daddy. however, the screaming bloody murder and yelling "sharing" has got to be the best to date.

Ohmygod girls I dont know whats up with toby lately. Im so stressed out and hes playing on that. Also im pretty sure that if a health visitor was to tell me he had adhd, I couldnt even pretend to be shocked. He gets so hyper that he cant control himself. He'll tense himself up, shake and throw himself onto things because he has too much energy that he can't deal with it.

Hes too "on one" all the time to absorb whats happening so the tiniest little thing builds up and he has a breakdown. Example: The other night at bedtime he got really upset. I asked why he was sad and he said it was because the dog licked his ear, the keys fell down and his helium balloon went up to the ceiling. All tiny issues that were resolved straight away with simple actions but because he couldnt process his feelings at the time as he was too hyped up, it built up and seemed like a huge deal.

Hes driving me potty in the day then getting overwhelmed at night and I have no idea how to help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->