April Mummies 2011

everything that i know of adhd says that isn't it, i would get him checked but also understand that 3 is when they start really knowing what's going on and just learning how to process so i wouldn't be overly concerned. may take some time to talk to him about how to properly process tho.

I'll be honest I know very little and I know that hes recently gone through a huge change so hes possibly just testing his boundaries in a new environment (we moved in with MIL and FIL 2 weeks ago) but its got me concernes as its so extreme

my step son is autistic/adhd and while toby may be hyper, from what i understand it's a new thing? i would wait, work with him, give him some time to settle in, make sure you and DH stick to a routine, and i bet he'll be just fine. too many ppl/drs jump to add/adhd conclusion and put their kids on meds, when all they need is some extra attention.

So poppy has just completely lost control of her temper! I have never seen anything like it �� she has been an absolute monkey tonight and nothing seems to be working she's been up since 1am!! ��

Anyone else having to log in everytime they come on here???

Oh no ria, hope she settled! No I stay logged in, have you unchecked the keep me logged in box?

Katherine alex is often like you escribe, adhd has crossed my mind too on occasion but then he'll have settled time so I think often it's cos he's over tired or I've not managed to give him the attention he needs/ gone out. He's so much better when we let jim help with things round the house, like today he's happily scraping underlay up from the lounge floor. Before we got him involved he was hitting eddie, throwing things, generally just being a pain. Xx

Does anyone elses LO still barely speak?
Ollie repeats sentences but only says simple ones like 'milk please' without being prompted.

Thanks. I had to go on main site rather than mobile to sort it don't know how it became unchecked lol

Re speaking Poppy was an early speaker and is advanced for her age so I never compare any child to her. But my nephew who is three says basic two/ three word sentence. His speech has only come on in the last 3 months.

Katherine, from what I know of ADHD from work, it doesn't sound like Toby's behaviour matches up with it tbh. He just sounds like a normal toddler, learning how to make sense of the world & control his emotions. And, like you say, he has just been through a big life change which is bound to take some getting used to. I'm sure I'll be facing a similar thing when baby arrives.

Rex literally doesn't stop taking from the moment he wakes up on a morning until the kent he goes to sleep on an evening. He amazes everyday by coming out with new words that I had no idea that he knew.

I wouldn't worry though, Gem. I'm sure any issues would've been picked up at Ollie's 2yr assessment. Some kids develop quicker in some areas & others are faster with other things. For example, I've seen Ollie's drawings on FB & they are way ahead of Rex's scribbles!

Rosie talks a ton but my nephew who is 2 months older doesn't talk much. He is really just starting to say 2-3 word sentences and they aren't always understandable.

alex speaks quite a lot now but probably only 4-5 words in a row but very often even I can't understand him.

Arrrgh toilet training....tell me whether this sounds like a normal regression or whether he actually just can't do it! baring in mind he was doing great before Christmas with only 3 accidents or so a week. Today we're already onto his 4th pair of trousers and its only midday! he went for a wee just before I took eddie to weigh it so I didn't think to ask him as soon as we got there (10min journey), by the time I'd done weigh in alex had wet himself, fair enough was prob about 40mins by this point, he'd had a big drink and maybe didn't have the confidence to interrupt to tell me he needed to go, plus he was having fun with the scissors and glue and stuff. Anyway I changed him, he went for a wee, then we got ready to go, by the time we walked back to the car (3min walk) he'd blooming peed himself again!! We get home not 10mins later, he goes straight upstairs to get clean clothes and I go up after getting eddie out his car seat to find he's weed over his carpet....WHY!!!!!

I ended up shouting at him, which I know really doesn't help, but honestly. Then I did say sorry and asked if he couldn't help it, whether he meant to wee on his carpet and he said he did, but couldn't tell me why.

So I asked if he wanted to go back into nappies like eddie and he said no...arrrrrrr....this isn't good is it!?

:hugs: Caroline. Sounds like a stressful morning :( To go for that many wees in such a short space of time, it sounds like he's not going fully & stopping himself because he realises he's wet? :shrug: That would make me think he can do it. Just a thought, but if having more accidents has suddenly come on, could it be a UTI? Probably not if there's no other signs but maybe worth a check up?

that might be worth a check actually. He's def stopping himself once he's got wet as he's just going enough to wet his pants and trousers, that's it, then will finish on the loo if I spot he's got wet, if I don't spot it then I think he goes again later, but I'm not massively finding puddles everywhere so he can't be. I think some of it is just pure laziness, he just doesn't seem to care. Plus I guess he gets my attention pretty promptly :/.

Caroline, Isis still has accidents too but they tend to be because she doesn't want to stop playing to go potty. She waits until the last second.

Gem, Its been shown that boys tend to speak less and later than girls so it could be that. I know the little boys in Isis's classroom speak much less that the girls. Isis talks constantly and its mostly understandable but she starting talking early and hasn't stopped :dohh:

Isis had a fever off and on all weekend and cried/screamed in her sleep every couple hours all night so we're home today. Her appetite is much better so I'm sure I'll be back at work tomorrow, just in time for a big snowfall!

boys can be lazy especially if something is going on, they forget to go. maybe if he doesn't want diapers, if he does it again, put him back in one?

not that i would be able to compare to my daughter, since she has yet to even start. *sigh*

TMI, but i have poop or gas stuck behind my csection scare and it hurts so bad!:cry:

Ouch dana hope it passes soon!

Well we totalled 6 clean pairs of trousers today, we're going on holiday next week without a washing machine, I'm packing travel wash :dohh:. Its my 30th....Reckon I'll end up in a launderette on my birthday as its mid week? Lol

thank goodness it did! does anyone else have the same bathroom schedule as their LO's? it's like clockwork, we both go within 3 min of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->