April Mummies 2011

Oh and Caro- you can put some breast milk on the spot and it will help get rid of it if it is impetigo. Helped when Rosie had it anyways but I couldn't let her see me express it because she didn't want it on her face

Oh loopy you wouldn't be a fraud at all!

Gertrude I thought you were in Birmingham :) dont think itd take me too long to get there!

I can get go Birmingham and could tie in visiting my friends who love in notts

Hadn't thought of breastmilk, ta sam. Though touch wood it's not looking any worse so might just be a spot!

Birmingham is blooming miles away lol!!

I am deffo in the Birmingham meet up camp! Could stay with my best friend in Stratford & train it into Brum :) :thumbup:

I can't believe how long you've been driving for, Sam. How far have you travelled?

Ohhhh we have gone over 2000 miles. Had a major set back today. We were going down the road and either hit ice or something g that made the trailer have a blow out and lost control of our truck. Luckily we didn't wreck too bad. The trailer ended up on its side and can't be driven. My uncle is coming to help us since we still had another just under 400 miles to go. My truck is completely fine though. Phew!
My uncle got us a hotel room and Rosie just started screaming that he fear hurt. Having a hard time since Ryan is really having a hard time with he accident and I'm so stressed. I just want to be there. I want this to be over. But don't get me wrong I am very thankful for how it turned out since it happened.

i sure hope the 4 of you get a chance to relax for a week, and drink about a case of tequila before you need to start working/getting into the swing of life.

:hugs: Sam. Hope everything seems better once you've all had a good sleep.

Rex's first night in his new bedroom didn't go so well. He was up twice & ended up in with us at 4am :( Hope he gets used to it soon. I know it's a big change for him; new room, new full size bed. But I thought the excitement of a Thomas room might help. Naive thought, clearly :dohh:

i go my period AGAIN. like, 2 weeks after it just ended. i've never ever bleed this bad, i'm sure it has something to do with no period for 2 months, but omg :cry:

Ladies. I have a dilemma about tobys birthday.
DH has this cousin who hasnt got children of her own and likes to be the centre of everything. She and her mum/dhs aunt have decided to take toby and SILs little girl to the London Aquarium for their joint 3rd birthday present. They decided this without asking us and neither od us like the idea. I mean call me petty but its something I wanted to do with my child and I feel like its been taken away from me. My earliest memories were from when I was 2.5-3yrs old and I dont want tobys earliest fun memories to be of someone else.
But as I say this cousin has to be the centre of everything. Me and SIL are taking our children to a childrens theatre show in a couple of weeks (chris & pui for cbeebies sufferers)... and this cousin is pissed off at us for not inviting her. Shes already got the hump because she invited herself over to visit last weekend then realised my mum was there "stealing all her baby cuddles"... never mind that my mum is the kids freaking grandmother!!! So im in the wrong for inviting my mum onthe same day even though thats the only day she could come because she was viewing my new flat.
Soooo anyway.... if I tell her no to the aquarium thing shes gonna get super upset and accuse me of making her regress (she suffers from ME)... I know this because shes done it before when we went on a family trip to the farm and she had to tag along and felt left out.
Ughhh. Part of me wants to keep the peace and let her steal tobys memories but part of me wanta to stand up and say something even though it'll risk our relationship with the rest of the family. Sigghh

i don't even understand how this is even difficult, he's your child and his 3rd bday. you get say. done. she'll have to get over it.

Yea I agree with Dana.
He's your child , it's his birthday , it's a special day for him and you ! Don't let someone take over , just say no. Who cares if she throws a pity party ? It's your kid!

I agree! Your child, your rules!
Only 10 more days of work! Feb 24 is when the movers come and I move the 26th to Indiana for a couple weeks until we can move into our new house!
Ok, I'm off to bed before the late night Olympics comes on and I'm tempted by luge :)

I have to agree with the others. Just say no to the cousin. She hasn't got her own children so probably won't understand but who cares :shrug: It's not her bday, it's Toby's!

Shes not taking him out ON his birthday thats the thing. I still get to do a party (joint party as me and dh both turn 30 that week too)... she just wants to take them to the aquarium at some point in april as a birthday present. Its more the fact that ive been looking forward to taking him... but shes so super sensitive that im wondering if maybe I should just let her and miss out.

Is there not anyway you can take him between now and then? That way you get the memories and don't have to rock the boat. Otherwise I guess you need to weigh up just how important it is to you to be the one who takes him first.

Cant you tag along with them then he'll be able to enjoy the memories with both of you??

Birmingham meet sounds fab! We should arrange it!!

but shes so super sensitive that im wondering if maybe I should just let her and miss out.

you are batshit crazy if you do that. the condition for me would be, either i come with, or you can come when i take him. done. period. have your fit, call me when you're done.

Can u not go with them. Considering she's gate crashed things I don't see why u should??

Unplanned, Rex has gone to bed without a dummy for the first time tonight! We lose them constantly (I think he stashes them places :haha: ) but made the decision not to buy any more since the new year. We were down to 2. One is in his bag but we couldn't find the other one at bedtime. And Rex didn't seem bothered at all :shrug: I can't believe it cos he appears addicted! He went to sleep just fine but who knows what the night waking a will be like. Wish us luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->