April Mummies 2011

that's how abby dumped hers, i "lost" them. now, don't bring it up except to cheer when he wakes up that he slept without it and what a big boy he is. if he asks, say it's lost.

Sounds promising sarah!
I am going to grow a pair and tell that lot that I want to take toby to the aquarium. And the zoo, so they cant even try that. They'll have their turn when they have kids/grandkids. I want me and DH to do that stuff. I dont want to just go eith them because the cousin is so loud and ME ME ME that I'd be pushed into the background and might as well not be there. So. They can take him to the aquarium AFTER ive taken him. And if they make any more plans to take out my child without even checking with me first I'm gonna be a selfish stubborn little shit about it.

ION I still haven't got the babies out of the habit of waking in the night. It's driving me bonkers.

i'm glad you're deciding to stop letting ppl walk all over you, you're too nice. these are memories with YOUR son, if they have a problem, tell her to get a puppy and take him.
i'm feeling a little feisty today :blush:

Dana, *today*? :)

Those are things you should be doing with your child. I would be terribly disappointed if someone took Isis to a zoo or aquarium without me. Those are things I want to share with her!

I'm getting excited guys! Things are falling into place! All repairs on the house were selling are done and were all set for the mortgage on the new house. I have 8 more days at work and I'll be spending at least every weekend from now on with hubby! He'll be here Friday evening :)
Ugh, again, they're tempting me with the late night Olympics :/ Isis went to sleep with me tonight so she's fast asleep next to me. I'll take the snuggles :) it'll be interesting when the family is back together...

Unplanned, Rex has gone to bed without a dummy for the first time tonight! We lose them constantly (I think he stashes them places :haha: ) but made the decision not to buy any more since the new year. We were down to 2. One is in his bag but we couldn't find the other one at bedtime. And Rex didn't seem bothered at all :shrug: I can't believe it cos he appears addicted! He went to sleep just fine but who knows what the night waking a will be like. Wish us luck!

Good luck hope your night was ok. Poppy gave hers up a lot easier than I thought!

Urghhh. Worst mum award.... dylan fell off the bed. Bashed his head on the cot on his way down to the solid wood floor. :dohh: Poor bubba has an egg the size of, er, an actual egg probably on his forehead. Feel sooooo guilty. He was asleep in my bed and id been holding in my pee since 5:30 because I didnt wanna leave him but at 8am I couldnt hold it anymore. In the 45 seconds I was gone hed woken up and dived head first it seems. Hes ok. The bump is going down and its not angry looking any more. Hes still eating like a champ but I feel like a total dick.

I know if someone else posted this id be saying these things happen, it was an accident etc but the guilt is eating at me.

:hugs: Katherine! I will say it: it was an accident and he's fine so don't feel guilty. You did the best you could in that situation! You did exactly what I would do.

We have beautiful snow outside today and its so much warmer than it has been. I love watching it snow. I wish I was at home watching it snow but at least I have big office windows at work.

I get to see DH Friday night!! :happydance: Can't wait!

:hugs: Katherine. It really is just one of those things. Remember what you all said to me when I trapped Rex's finger?! We've all done something similar or will do in the future.

Yay for being reunited with your DH, Danielle :)

Night 1 without the dummy was way better than I ever dared hope! He slept right through til 4am when I think a bad dream woke him cos he was calling for me & gabbling about blood :shrug: DH got in bed with him to settle him then Rex slept til after I got up :happydance: Probably a first night fluke. We shall see!

Katherine, we are seeing Chris and pui at our local, too! Don't know what overcame me, but I insisted on taking both kids to watch. Usually my idea of hell!

I'm not sure what possessed me to get tickets. It seemed like such a good idea at the time!

With the ongoing issue of dhs cousin and aunt deciding to take toby to the aquarium... ive suggested they take him and my niece to Disney on ice instead because thats something I have bugger all interest in ever doing but they'll probably enjoy. Fingers crossed they go for that.

Hey ladies, sorry I've not been around! We've been at centre parcs all week and I turned 30! Had a fab time :).

Hope you sort the family issues Katherine, ice sounds like a good suggestion!

Omg sam, so glad you're all ok. How did the rest of the journey go?

Ya for nearly moving Danielle!

Sarah I'm soo jealous on Rex giving up dummies, totally need to lose ours too!

Hope Center Parcs was fun, Caroline :) Did Alex enjoy it? Rex loved it when we went with all the trees & the swimming.

He's amazed us with giving up his dummies. I honestly, honestly thought he was totally addicted to them. I guess he must've been ready :shrug:

Rex ran straight into the edge of a door today whilst playing with his cousin. He's got a huge egg :( I'm at my mum's as it was my sister's baby shower today so DH FaceTime'd me to show me & I burst into tears when I saw he was hurt & couldn't do anything. Silly mummy! I know I'm hormonal but jeeez!

Hope you had a lovely time caro :)

Cottles im sure dylan will be fine :)

Speaking of feeling guilty I feel super guilty. The dog pinned ollie down and has fractured his leg. Its only a toddler fracture but he cant walk and hes in so much pain. Go to get it reviewed in 10 days. Poor baby. He screamed so much! Luckily we dragged the dog off him before he did any worse and ive given the puppy away yesterday. I loved having a dog but its not worth the risk of ollie or me getting seriously hurt.
I only found out last week at the vets it was actually a lab staff dog... not a lab spaniel which I thought I had been sold :/

oh gosh gem, so glad ollies ok, is he in plaster? I'm sure he'll bounce back before you know it. That's so bad you were mis sold the dog!

ouch for rex too! he sounds like he's doing fab woithout his dummies, I mearly suggested to alex tonight that he could go to bed without it and he went into a full on tantrum :/. First on my list is getting eddie to sleep a bit better then dummies might go to the easter bunny if they last that long as he hates the ones with holes in them!

yes thanks we had a lovely time at centre parcs, spent a lot of time in the pool lol, alex is such a water baby!

hope everyone else is ok!

Hugs for the ouchy toddlers!

Wow gem can't lei eve that you were mis-sold can u not sue etc spesh due to what the dog did to Ollie??

Glad u had a nice time at centre parks Caro. Poppy loved it there and re dummies. Poppy did the same as Rex just one day said I don't need this anymore. Perhaps sow the seed. We did for a number on months and told her we weren't buying her anymore etc.

Gosh, Gem. That's really scary. How long will Ollie be off his feet? :hugs: I saw on FB that you were asking for someone to take your puppy but never imagined it might be something like that :(

Caroline, I'm sure Alex will give up his dummy soon, don't worry. I really wanted to do it before baby comes so I'm thankful he made it so easy. If he hadn't have been willing, I think I'd have let him keep it for quite a while longer until baby was sleeping better.

Omg gem... so glad it wasnt worse. I dont blame you for moving the dog on... if any of my dogs or my families dogs did anything to my kids theyd be straight out the door. Its not just the pups though. I have been super sure to teach toby how to respect animals. Hes pretty awesome with pretty much all animals now bless him. Soooo Im getting us a lizard :haha:

They were playing happily together and the dog just snapped :/ instead of running for its toy it ran at ollie. I was in shock over it tbh was crazy.
Ollies decided to walk a bit today so must be healing :) he has a really bad limp an can only handle a few steps but hes getting there. They didnt plaster it because its a toddler fracture and because of his age it should heal quicker apparently. Have to go for a review for it though to check its healing properly an if its not then could end up in plaster afterall.

Oh bless him. Glad he's managed a few steps thou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->