April Mummies 2011

Oh man! Poor Ollie!
The rest fondue trip was smooth. Uhaul called to ask if I was putting a claim in against them. Umm yes! The trailer had a highway terrain and an all terrain tire on it and we were driving uphill when it started to fishtail so I don't think it was anything of our fault. But the girls are settling nicely and I've been applying for jobs the last few days. And I've almost got DHs resume finished. He is starting his job hunt Monday.

Sounds like things are getting sorted for you, Sam :thumbup: Where are you guys now?

Glad to hear Ollie is using his foot again, Gem. Bless him.

Yep, Dana. It's racing by & I still have so much to do. Argh! By this point with Rex I was completely sorted aside from packing my hospital bag. Not this time! The nursery still needs touching up & re-carpeting and I haven't even started getting baby things out of the loft, garage & various other hiding places. Me & DH having different half terms isn't helping to get sorted either. I need more Rex free time to get things done!

Eeeek we'll be seeing new baby pics again soon :3 I love it when you girls are getting ready to pop lol!

Same here sazzle!
Time is flying by this time and apart from a few things we haven't bought nothing yet lol.
We gave away all Aleena's stuff because we used to live in an appartment with no space.
So gotta start from scratch.
Can't believe I'll be in third tri by the end of next week !
We just moved to an awesome single family house that's so much bigger than our old townhouse.
But moving costs $$ so now I'm waiting to get some $ again so I can buy more baby stuff

Ohh just looked at my ticker, only 95 days to go!

so glad Ollie is starting to walk on his leg again gem, hope it heals super quick!

hope you and DH find work soon Sam, sounds like everythings coming together!

I hope your right ria and sarah, I've been telling alex for ages now dummies will go forever soon, the dummy fairy will get them etc. So hopefully soon he'll give them up, I'm not buying anymore either and there's hardly any now without holes in them, and he rejects the holey ones lol.

oooh we've been doing a bit of gentle sleep training with eddie to get my evenings back, he went down in less than a minute tonight by me rubbing his tummy! its taken 4 evenings of being consistant and just rubbing his face/ tummy. :D

Ladies :) Sorry I've not been around much. Just been having some time offline. It's amazing, you get stuff done :haha:

I'm LOADS better and back to work tomorrow. My boss is being amazing and I'm going back with a phased return over four weeks. Head much more me again, and I can talk about Lily without bursting into tears every time. I've also met and heard of so many other stories that had I not gone through this I wouldn't have heard. It really is a reminder you just don't know what goes on behind peoples smiles.

Gem - Hope Ollie gets better soon. I don't trust dogs. They are only as good as their training and even then their breed can take over. Esp for you if it was that cross! Much safer for you and O (I know people disagree with my view on dogs, but if I'm honest I have yet to meet a dog who was actually how their owner describes! Though I'm sure there are some!).

Cottles - 1) it's your son and it's your rules. Fuck what someone else expects to do with him there are manners and there are considerations to be made. She shouldn't be able to demand to get her own way irrelevant of whatever illness/disability she has or hasn't got. It isn't a reason to behave badly. and 2) you can't train your babies to not wake up overnight. They will do it when they are ready and not a moment before so don't stress yourself about it. Just go with the flow and before you know they won't want Mummy overnight and you'll miss it!!

RIGHT the important thing - the BIRMINGHAM MEET UP :D

Are people serious in doing it? I'm happy to organise it (given I'm here and all that :haha: ). Who is in? Do we fancy doing kid based stuff? Or do we fancy having a kid free meet up and drinking gin/eating afternoon tea?

well I never thought it would actually ever get here but this is my last week at work! I don't know how its going to be not working outside the home but I guess I'll figure it out. I'm excited to have time to be more creative with my dyeing. This past 5 ish months I haven't had time to think let alone be creative.

Nice to see you back Gertrude! :) Glad you're feeling better.

Glad to hear Ollie is walking a little better! Dogs are tough on little kids. We have a sweet lab mix but she's still a little rough with Isis, especially when playing.

Caroline, I wish Isis would give up the ones with holes because they'd all be gone! I think she likes them better that way :dohh: she chews on them whenever she has them. I'm preparing her for not having them at the new house.

Lily, congrats on the house! I love the backyard!

Dogs are NOT my best friend right now. MILs dog is driving me to depression I wish I was joking. Every morning he barks for breakfast, often as early as 5:30am. It wakes the kids up.
MIL obeys the dog and feeds him then goes back to bed and back to sleep while im left with 3 whiny grumpy children who were not ready to wake up. And because their day is disrupted the babies dont nap properly and toby gets over tired so none of them sleep well at night. I havent had more than a 2hr block of sleep since Christmas. All because MIL cant say no to her atupid barking dog.

How long till you move cottles? That would drive me insane too. But then I also hate fucking dogs :blush:

Omg I'd be ready to gag the dog and mil! Can you not send Toby in her direction first thing?

Hope the move goes well Danielle! Sounds like a good idea leave dummies behind.

Glad you're feeling better gertrude! Hope work goes ok today. Um re. Meet up, it's such a long way, I think I'll like to know the details but don't organise around me as going will depend totally on whether I can stay at a friends as so not doing a hotel with 2 kids by myself. But reckon it'd be nice to have the kids there, after all they're the reason why we all 'met'!

Xx

Hope being back at work went well, Gertrude.

Good luck for finishing up at work, Danielle. When is the official moving date? Your plans for your dyeing business sound great.

Urgh, Katherine, think I'd be drugging the dog to sleep later!! Your MIL is meant to be the dog's master not the other way around :dohh: Would feeding it before you went to bed make it go a bit longer? Might be a stupid suggestion. I'm not a dog owner!

If the meet up is going to be soonish then I might have to say no :( Don't want to be travelling when a bit more pregnant just in case something starts! Plus travelling with a newborn & a toddler on my own won't be much fun either :(

AFM, I'd been really sick the last few days but wasn't actually sick. Just assumed my MS must've returned for a third tri re-run. But then last night, Rex was sick completely out of the blue & then had a high temp all night so I'm thinking we both maybe had a bug :shrug: Rex is fine today. Not quite himself but no other sick episodes & his temp is back down. Must be a mild bug if that's what it was.

I AM GOING TO KILL THAT GODDAMN DOG
Hes just woken 3 of us (yes me included hah) up from our nap and now eddie is inconsolable because he just can't sleep. He was woken up this morning and now this afternoon. I wish I knew when we are meant to be moving. Up to 3 months yet. We already give the dogs dinner in 2 parts so they eat late. 8pm-ish. Theyre not starving by any means... yhe old one just knows he gets his way so he plays on it.

i'd be telling my DH to have a conversation with his mother, or i'd be out of there.

sorry Katherine! I'd be loudly complaining about the dog. But also they are letting you guys stay there while you find a place so you might not be able to complain too loudly. Hopefully you guys can get a place soon!

So Monday the movers come to pack us up so over the weekend we will be taking things down off walls and packing for the 2.5 weeks Isis and I will be living in Indiana. Then hopefully by Wednesday we have the house clean and we can drive to Indiana. We close on the new house on March 12. I've already been planning where furniture is going and paint colors for the walls. We're also working on the plan for the basement. We want to finish it and that's our first priority but we'll need to see where we are financially after the move before we start that project.

I'm up for the meet up!! I don't mind travelling with two kids or I can leave my eldest back home with DH and just have Amelia with me. We can stay overnight in a premier inn, either way I'm up for it. It would have to be in a half term though unless it's a Friday and DH can take the day off of work.

So I'm in, I can drive up x

A&be if we organise it privately via messaging on facebook, don't fancy anyone just turning up lol!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->