April Mummies 2011

perhaps i should also clarify that my almost SIL never sent out invites or even sent a text saying the date they were having the party. not to mention i told her he was graduating the weekend of may 18th back in december.

*breath* i'm going to watch Teen Mom and be done.

sounds like a plan! I'm watching peppa pig and drinking wine…
FIL has been scared off by a snow storm so he's not going to be back until Tuesday.

OH MY GOD CAN I PLEASE TAKE A SHIT IN PEACE ARGHHHH

I had a breakdown yesterday. MIL literally took the kids off me and sent me to bed. Im so stressed with no sleep, NO idea whether we will get our mortgage and even if we do, if we'll get it too late and lose the flat. Tobys hyperactivity is now at a point where family are trying to put blame to food additives and sugar and all sorts because its "not normal" and im ready to throw the towel in on today and its only 7:30. He tried to push dylan off the bed this morning and I seriously just cant deal right now.
I think I need to go out ALONE somehow while its raining and early and scream at the North Sea.
Cant though. Eddies crying, dylans suspiciously quiet and tobys going between chasing the dog and beating the shit out of the door. Guess my time out is over. Back to the madhouse.

Maybe Toby is just acting out cause his whole life has been turned around and he now had 2 siblings that get a lot of attention?
Yes food additives and sugar can def cause tantrums and hyperactivity and other behavioral problems.
Does he get to go out a lot where he can just run around and be wild? Does he go outside a lot?

Hope the big move goes ok, Danielle :hugs:

:hugs: Katherine. It just sounds like Toby is being a boisterous toddler boy to me. Rex can be the same & definitely has mad half hours throughout the day where he does mad things like run round in circles constantly & jump off the arm of the settee over & over again. I just let him get on with it! Can't wait for it to be a bit warmer so I open the French doors in the lounge & let him run around in the garden!

well its half over. the sale of our house is over. now we just need to finish the buying portion. That should be pretty straight-forward.

Katherine, it sounds like you could use some help! I'm glad your MIL stepped in to help. I'm not sure if Toby is more than just a boy but then I don't have a boy. I remember the stories of my cousins when they were little. I think we're quick to blame something for them having lots of energy and being rambunctious. I think Lily has a good point though about how much time he spends outside just being allowed to run/play as much as he wants. I hope you get the mortgage straightened out quickly! It's so stressful to be so dependent on others and others making life decisions for you. :hugs:

:hugs: Katherine, I agree on the outside thing, do you get out everyday? I have days where I literally want to kill alex and its often when we've not been out/ not been out so he actually burns off energy. Even if its just a scoot to the park, run round the park and back. He's much easier to deal with then. Though saying that if he's too tired he'll be worse.
The other thing that seems to have totally transformed alex lately is going on holiday to centre parcs (I know funds probably won't lend to that what with house buying etc), he got tones of attention, we just did fun stuff for 5 days, routine went out the window, we did loads of swimming, running in the rain and just generally playing with only a couple toys we took with us. I wonder if its worth trying to somehow create some sort of toby time? like any chance your dh could take time off work and you guys could really concentrate on him, not house buying or living with mil. Have you managed to get him into a pre school or anything yet?

we visited a pre-school today, for alex to possibly attend just 3 hrs a week on top of his normal nursery 2 days. Just because I'm concerned he'll know no-one when he starts school and this is on the site I hope he'll get a place in the school at. He said he liked it and wanted to go so am booking him in one afternoon a week after easter. Will also give us both a year to get used to him being away from me more than 2 days a week as otherwise think it might come as a bit of a shock to us both.

Danielle I'm so glad you've sold your house now! fx'ed the next goes smoothly xx

Dana, it was the same for my graduation. For my brother he got a posh meal, a present, a weekend of fuss and congratulations and dressing up and spending the whole day with him. For me my mum spent the morning with me but thent went back to work and my dad was really ill with stress at the time and met me for coffee after. Then he went home.

I was left in town, with my gown and no one with me. It was there and then that I realised no one really gave a shit for me and my stuff. Whether it was me, or my qualification, or another symptom of my parents shitty relationship breakdown I don't know. But it hurt.

I can understand my dad, he was ill. But it still just got ignored.

sucks Gertrude and Dana! Parents shouldn't play favorites.

We just got the call tonight, our assets were qualified and our mortgage has been set to close! We are all ready to close on the new house!! :happydance::dance::yipee: We are waiting on some reimbursements from the company DH works for to have the money for the closing but we can get a short term (like a week) loan from FIL if we need. We're set though.

sucks Gertrude and Dana! Parents shouldn't play favorites.

We just got the call tonight, our assets were qualified and our mortgage has been set to close! We are all ready to close on the new house!! :happydance::dance::yipee: We are waiting on some reimbursements from the company DH works for to have the money for the closing but we can get a short term (like a week) loan from FIL if we need. We're set though.

:happydance::happydance::dance::dance::yipee::yipee:

That's great cheese!!!!
Dana that is very screwed up! We are used to DHs husband playing favorites. Or really "anyone but you"s
Katherine I'm happy your mil was there. You really need the sleep. I really hope some things settle down for you too. And I 2nd what Caro says. If Rosie doesn't get out of the house regularly she goes crazy. Really crazy. She kicked Ruby the other day in her state of too much energy to even control her anything. If we can't go out I end up letting her swim in the bath tub. It is usually enough for her and not he hardest clean up

Thanks... im hoping for the twins' sleep to improve now theyre less poorly. Need to work on tobys sleep habits but its not a priority while we're living with MIL.
As for his hyperactivity... hes got plenty of outlets. We currently have a big garden where he chases 3 dogs, his cousin comes over monday and Wednesday afternoons. We go to storytime on tuesdays, playgroup on thursdays, play n stay on fridays if my mums not visiting. And we also have the beach, the park and the softplay.
I know I need to make more of an effort to mentally wear him out. Do thinks that work his mind as well as his body. Thats where im slipping. I used to be forever involved in a crafty activity or reading with him or whatever but we dont have the space or alone time at the moment. Partly because of the housing situation and partly because I have two 9 month olds who are suffering from bouts of separation anxiety. I probably need to reorganise and split my time differently.

Danielle, so pleased for you! Congrats!

Sorry to those dealing with favoritism, past and present. It's such a horrible feeling. Hope the family can come to some sort of comprise Dana

who the hell knows, i told off my almost SIL. she's handling it by talking crap behind my back. gotta love mature 37 yr olds.

All tge favouritism stuff sucks :/

Katherine I hope you get a break soon.

Going to buy ollies bday present this week. Cant believe hes 3 next month!!

Katherine, you might be right about needing to exhaust him mentally too. Hopefully the twins start feeling better soon so you're not just reacting all the time and you can plan activities for Toby too.

Dana, I think you should just get rid of her :)

I can't believe our babies are going to be 3!! We're going to celebrate Isis's birthday easter weekend. We're having all the family over for easter so it'll be perfect. I'll do a spring theme for it ��

we did a spring theme last year, the house exploded spring! it was so colorful and bright, definitely a favorite for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->