April Mummies 2011

Rex's actual birthday is Easter Sunday this year. We're having a play centre party again, the day before. No way could I risk a party at home with it being sooo close to my EDD. Think it'll be a Thomas cake again as he's still obsessed!

saw almost SIL at grocery store (another reason i wish they delivered), smiled and said hi. i'm sure she's thinking i'm acting like nothing's happened, when in reality i can be nice to you even when i hate everything you stand for.
for example. yesterday the local animal shelter was holding a fun puppy day and you got in on a raffle for a donation. our mutual friend got there before i did, was carrying her 18 mo old and a 35 lb bag of dog food in, clearly struggling. almost sil laughed and said "i was watching you struggle on your way in". what a twat!
i hate everything she is, everything she stands for. she's a rotten person, rotten mother, rotten friend, and rotten human being. grand canyon sized boundaries are put in place regarding his family. luckily i have school and every time he needs to go over there, i'll be "studying". i've gone against my better instincts for 9 years trying to be friends with these ppl, and i'm done. all it's gotten my is crap.

//end rant

good for you dana!

fab news on closing Danielle!

hope the twins are sleeping better Katherine!

just wondering how your LO's are doing with stuff like counting and colours? can they all get the basics now? Alex bless him just doesn't seem to get counting, yet we read 'one mole digs a hole' every blooming night, he still goes 3,4,6,6,7,10, or something along those lines. And generally everything is 'green' as a first guess. We spent ages tonight trying to get him to recognise a few basic colours and he just wasn't getting it lol, then I said 'this brick is white, like the woodwork where we said don't touch the white as it had wet paint', which with hindsight was stupid, but he then seemed to think 'paint' was a colour and 'don't touch the white' was a colour, so I clearly just totally confused the poor boy :rofl:. I probably need to make more effort to sit and teach him now he's starting to take more interest as at least tonight he was having a guess, whereas before he'd just not listen or be silly.

Awesome! I have some cool cupcake cups that are flowers. There won't be too many people coming just SIL, BIL, their kids, FIL, and his gf.

Aleena can count to 15 and knows all her colors an shapes , even non basic ones.
She can also sing her abc but messes up some of the letters but knows most.

abby knows shapes (the basics), counts about the same as alex, some days knows her colors and other days not. i'm done worrying about it, she'll catch up when she's in school.

Isis sings her ABCs although by herself she messes them up. Can count over 20 but her accuracy os dependent on her attention at that time. She loves to read books to me and isn't really reading but is "reading" from memory. I love listening to her read chicka boom boom, every cowgirl needs horse, pinkalicious, and where the wild things are. Shapes and colors are really good. She knows a ton of shapes and colors and is correct most of the time.

again, listening to other moms, my kid's super behind... *sigh*

Meh, like you said, by the time she's in kindergarten she'll be fine. Most of them catch up by age 5. I didn't notice her behind the other girls when they were all together. :shrug: Kids shouldn't be judged one on one. They're all so different.

We recorded the Oscars and just started watching them. I won't deny, I'm mostly watching so I can see what everyone wears :)

Meh, like you said, by the time she's in kindergarten she'll be fine. Most of them catch up by age 5. I didn't notice her behind the other girls when they were all together. :shrug: Kids shouldn't be judged one on one. They're all so different.

thank you :winkwink:

Rex is spot on with colours, even non-primary colours like grey & purple. He's pretty good at naming shapes too. Counting is more hit & miss. He knows the sequence of numbers perfectly up to 12 (it goes off track at 13+!) but on terms of actual one-to-one counting of objects, it depends how much he's concentrating. Sometimes he can properly count up to 10 objects but not at other times.

Letters & phonics are a whole different ball game though. I thought he recognised his name but I think he just recognises that his name as 3 letters cos any 3 letter word is 'R for Rex' :) Ah well, we'll get there! He's clearly going to take after DH & be much better at maths (DH is a maths teacher!).

Matilda doesn't know shapes or ABC, she knows most numbers up to 10 but no idea of their order and is quite good at colours. I don't care, she's two and I'm impressed with what she knows already. Eventually she will learn it, it doesn't matter when.

Toby can count up to 17, then forgets 18 and goes back to 16.
He knows colours, simple shapes but not things like diamond and oval. He can sing his ABCs with a couple of mistakes from mishearing. Eg "W X Y R Z" instead of "Y and Z"
He recognises capital letters but not as much lower case... and phonics is beyond him just now. All in good time!

Speaking of progreess and things... how much do your LOs weigh? Toby is 26lb. Pretty sure my nephew was closer to 3 stone by this point?! Im not worried, hes naturally teeny. Just curious!

hmmm well alex is behind abby dana so I'd not worry about her lol. Like you've all said they'll get there! alex is super handy with 'fixing' things and generally much more physical, I can see him being a kid that's good at sports and has the potential in the classroom if he'd just sit still lol.

Last time I put alex on the scales, a few weeks ago he was 14.2kg, google tells me that's about 31lb and I think he's around 95cm tall now x

Ollie can count when he can be bothered. Most the time though he says 1 2 3 4 7.

He calls circles round but knows all his shapes. He loves hearts and stars and can even draw hearts quite well now. His drawing and pen control is really good. He can write nan and 'oll' for the start of his name. He can draw faces and name all the features as hes doing it and started to give them bodies and arms and legs lately. He knows all his animals too and thier sounds and actions. Im a proud mum lol.

As for size hes just about in 12-18m clothes now. Some are still too big though. Hes so small.

Don't even ask about Rex's drawing skills :dohh: They're embarrassingly behind! He doesn't draw anything that even vaguely resembles what he says it is. It's just all scribbles still :(

I think Rex is around 2 & half stone (35lb) but I haven't weighed him for a while. Our scales need new batteries & I'm while I'm in this state, I'm so not bothered about replacing them :haha: Not depressing myself with how much weight I've put on!

Sazzle :haha: Isis is the same with drawing. She has pen control she just doesn't make anything but scribbles. Whatever, she won't be a classical artist…

Isis thinks that any S she sees is her name and she recognizes which profile is hers on our netflix. That could be positional too. I love that she's trying to identify her name. I'm impressed with all our LO's! Amazing how quickly they went from helpless to their own little beings with strengths and weaknesses. :flower:

Last time Isis was weighed at the drs she was 27lbs. She's been hovering around that weight for the last 6 months or so but I think she's heavier now and taller. She just grew into 3T pants and shirts. 2T pants are too short on her but 3T are still too loose on the top.

Rosie is about 30-31 lbs. she is wearing 3t clothes and size 8-9 shoe depending on the style. She easily counts to 10 by herself and sings abcs but doesn't get even half right. Scrolling through tv channels she recognizes some words (Dora, little mermaid) with out even stopping on them.
Dana I second what Danielle says. When we were all together the girls were pretty close. Her language isn't as fluid but I wouldn't put her as behind at all! She has a ton of words! Rosie doesn't really draw shapes. She an usually do a heart and circles and talks about them but isn't good at faces or other things like that

Sazzle :haha: Isis is the same with drawing. She has pen control she just doesn't make anything but scribbles. Whatever, she won't be a classical artist…

:haha: No, neither will Rex! But then both Rex & Isis have scientifically minded parents don't they, so I guess there's no real surprise there!! I was never good at art at school. I'd much rather have done some maths work. Geek!! :rofl:

Aleena is 23 lbs lol, but I'm not worried since she's always been small. She lost weight as my milk dried up but now gained it back as she is eating more solids finally.

She can draw a circle and a straight line , she can draw a happy face and that's about all that's recognizable just yet.
She knows the answer to "what word starts with the letter xx" for almost every letter. I think she's pretty good at language and counting , she can count objects up to 10/15.
She's not very physical though, although it's getting there , she's been pretty rough lately and got the bruises to show it lol. Doing flips on the ground and bed, and she loves rough play with daddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->