April Mummies 2011

Me too Sarah! I do enjoy some artistic outlet but I am very scientifically minded and of course DH is too :) Isis is very much about the process of things and craves routine.

Lily, wow! She's doing really well with phonics! Isis just started climbing recently even though she walked early etc. She just didn't try to climb.

i'm currently taking psych human development and all they're supposed to be doing at 2 is scribble. they aren't supposed to get more clear until well into 3-4 or beyond. i'm glad i'm taking this class because i can stop pushing her to do stuff that's beyond her. i come here and say my mommy fears, but i WANT her to be a kid as long as she can, and i refuse to put my stuff on her.
i just hate being "other mom'd"

Thanks Dana for that information! Without regular well-child appointments I really am out of the loop as far as what our almost 3 year olds should be doing.

That's good to know about the drawing, Dana. Thanks :thumbup:

Naima, don't worry. Rex is constantly hurting himself & usually has an array of bruises, usually on his legs but often on his head or sides from bumps & scrapes. He charges around like a loon most of the time though :dohh: The other day he banged his head on the door from falling over because he'd spun around in circles in so much he was completely dizzy :dohh: He's an amazing climber too so that often results in injuries :( He just can't sit still. Typical boy!!

Ollies so shy and over cautious lately. Hes suuuuper clingy. I cant even walk out the room without him screaming after me. He wont even look at strangers lately and wont talk to anyone besides me, my bf, mum and dad...
He won't eat either :/
Help? !

Could it be separation anxiety, Gem? Who looks after him while you're at college?

With the eating, I wouldn't worry. He won't starve himself! Maybe try to offer him one meal a day that you know he'll eat or one item in every meal that he's guaranteed to eat. I refuse to cook separate meals for Rex but if we're eating something that I know he's not keen on, I'll make him a side dish that I know he'll eat like potato wedges or mash. Then I least I know he's eaten something. If dinner is a complete failure, I'll offer him boring cereal before bed like Weetabix to fill his tummy.

Gem- they stop eating around this age because growing has really slowed down. he's also becoming more and more aware of the world around them, so stranger danger is normal too.

Oh I def don't push Aleena to do anything, she actually learned the whole alphabet from an iPhone app lol, I don't like her to be on the iPhone/ipad too much but it teaches her stuff and she loves it, so it can't be THAT bad . :haha:

Gem - pickle has cut right back on her eating too and is trying her best to be fussy. She hasn't clocked yet she gets her stubborness from her mum and she's going to lose. As with the others, I won't cook seperate food, but I do try to make sure there is something she likes (which is what I had to do with my BF when we first met :haha: )

Pickle can count to 21 (thanks Hooray for Fish :D), knows her alphabet and can give me a word for each letter BUT thats rote learnt, not because SHE knows as such. I don't push it, we don't do any of that at home unless she asks - it all comes from nursery. She can write her name really neatly tracing the outlines of the letters - again that isn't from her Dad, he can hardly handwrite at all :haha:

As far as I'm concerned being a kid is about being a kid. I make sure she has an opportunity to push herself (or not, her call) but that's it. I'd rather she did what she wanted than me worry about if she's meeting x y or z target.

They all grow and learn SO differently, and just as we are all totally different, so are our kids. I'd be more worried if they were all the same tbh.

Ollies at nursery while im in college.
Hes not ate again today and cried all day again. Hes got a cough now though so maybe hes just ill so its all just a phase. Hard work anyway lol.

:hugs: Katherine. Hope nothing serious has happened.

My sister is in labour!! :D Still early on. She's contracting every 6 mins & they've been steadily increasing since about 5pm. Hope this is it! And very considerate of baby cos tomorrow is my day off! :happydance:

So excited for new baby!! :happydance:

:hugs: Katherine, I hope the twins nap tomorrow for you!

Gem, could be just the adjustment to nursery. Isis will stop eating some days and then go back to eating like crazy again.

I'm feeling very down today. Dh got a job and that's great but now I keep hearing that it is my turn. I've been applying but I'm getting very few bites. Also I'm not getting much sleep (more than you Katherine so I feel bad for complaining) and it is taking its toll. Dh keeps getting on to me about how little I'm doing around the house but won't take the baby and let me get things done. If I do chores then in doing them with the baby and if I'm trying to entertain the kids he sneaks off and gets to do laundry and stuff but he hasn't been doing my clothes just his. I'm frustrated and tired and I really miss my mom. I feel like I don't deserve me time right now because I don't have a job. And my baby is fussy 3 minutes after I out her down

I'm so sorry Sam! :hugs: It'll get better! I moved from Oregon to Minnesota the summer after I graduated college and the homesickness was terrible. It won't be too long and you'll get into a new routine. You'll feel better as time goes by. I can't help with the kids or the husband though.

Exciting sazzles! My best friend is having her baby today to by c section. She's 2nd on the list eeee

Whyyyy is youe husband dividing the washing? That makes no sense! I can't imagine taking DHs washing out and only doing mine. Although I've fantasised about it a few times :haha:

So my blood pressure is 146/94. Merp. Its usually 120/70. Fucking stress man... Its literally gonna kill me.
And I KNOW its stress. I went through an entire twin pregnancy with not a single blip in blood pressure. Now I have all this stuff going on with the kids and the mortgage application and living with the in-laws and im not sleeping and the BP has shot up.
I had a nice relaxed day today, then my mum calls and cries over the phone and put the guilt trip on me and then BAM. Instant hot flush, headache and feeling faint. I've never had to worry about blood pressure and now I'm worried it'll only get worse all the time I'm stuck in this situation. Muhh sorry whine over.

Katherine, that is NOT good! I know you know that though. Your husband should be very concerned because if you die he's left alone with 3 very little boys and without you! I mean that's not kill ya high but that's not good for you at all! I just hope you can get the mortgage figured out. That would help a ton!

Isis is very needy right now and we really need to be settled again but we only have a week now before we move in! I can't wait to be settled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->