April Mummies 2011

i just realized come august, we're going to need a 2nd car, we're going to loose income from me watching god son, we're going to have to pay for abby to go somewhere for daycare for me to go to school, probably loose all the benefits, plus we have no idea what sort of pay DH will be able to make. i'm loosing my shit right now.

deep breaths!!! He should be able to make good money! I would guess around 50. No sense in worrying yourself too much now for something that might not happen. You will need a second car so maybe keeping an eye out for something you could get.

I will see DH every day starting tomorrow (except for normal work travel) :happydance: 6 months of hell over!!

deep breaths!!! He should be able to make good money! I would guess around 50. No sense in worrying yourself too much now for something that might not happen. You will need a second car so maybe keeping an eye out for something you could get.

I will see DH every day starting tomorrow (except for normal work travel) :happydance: 6 months of hell over!!

he was thinking a lot less (15 per hr) than that to start, it's the unknown that drives me crazy...

Here in Indiana he would probably start between $45-50K a year. Uncertainty is definitely stressful! You'll get through it though and I'm sure having a job will help him feel better. :hugs:

My friend had baby ned yesterday morning weighing 8lb 11.5oz. He's scrummy pictures on Facebook

Aaawww, just seen the piccies, Ria. Gorgeous :)

I STILL do not have a new niece. :( My poor sister has been stuck in a very slow early labour since Wed afternoon :cry: I feel so sorry for her. She's struggling to get any decent amount of sleep & is just in limbo waiting for the real thing to kick in Her contractions get up to 5 mins apart then just die out again for a few hours before starting again. I hope that established labour kicks in soon for her or they induce her to put her out of her misery :(

Aww Ria yaaaay!

Oh god I cant even imagine how agonising the wait must be in slow labour. I was lucky with toby that o went from first contraction to 6cm within an hour and he was out in 5ish.... and the twins were scheduled. I had a false labour but that was nothing compared to the real thing. Speedy baby vibes to your sister!

Oh I feel her pain sazzles I had 5 days of slow labour it's not fun!

oh no sarah! how horrible for her, I really hope things kick off soon!

congrats to your friend ria!

:hugs: to all the ladies in tricky situations atm. Def don't stress about stuff until it has actually happened. Katherine, I've left my DH's stuff out before, to make a point I'm the only one who ever thinks of putting washing on, he didn't even notice until he ran out of boxers lol.

Why can kids be angels when you're out or have visitors over but an absolute nightmare when you're alone with them? omg I've had a testing day on very little sleep! here's hoping all our kids sleep better tonight xx

caro- my kid does one better, when company comes over, she turns into holy terror, but then i leave and she's fine.

Isis has been an angel (not!!) since we've been staying here. I feel terrible but I'm not used to having to spend so much attention on her. its definitely not going to be smooth sailing even when we all move in together. DH hasn't really been a part of her life, as far as the nit and gritty goes. She doesn't even know what to do with her daddy.

KJ, I don't even know what to say. I wish so hard that I could give you some relief!

Sarah, I was in labor for over 40 hours. Most of that was spent in early labor. I never had false labor. I hope that your sister has that baby soon!! Slow labor sucks!

So I know that DH's job requires travel but this time of year there typically isn't much travel. he just told me that he has meetings the last week of March. Only a single overnight but I'm so gun shy right now I really don't know what that's going to do to Isis.

Yep. We're losing the flat.

The lender we used to apply for our mortgage is our bank. We went for sooo many consultations and all of them said that taking out a loan to replenish our savings in november WOULD NOT affect our mortgage application this year. Now that we've applied for the mortgage, we're being told we need to prove that we spent the money we replaced with the loan (spent on wedding, 3 kids within 3 years and having to upgrade the car twice)...
As they are already our bank they have records of our accounts expenditure. So what else do they want?! DH now wants to cancel the application and withdraw our offer on the flat because it feels like we're being made to jump through hoops just so they can say no which would put a black mark against us for any future applications.
Looks like we're living at the inlaws for the forseeable future. Cant do this. Seriously dont know what to do.

How does anyone ever buy their first home? I thought we were supposed to get help, not be treated like criminals. All they have to do is look at the account and see that we were previously paying £900 rent so obviously we can afford £630 mortgage repayments. FFS. I just..... ffs.

That always bugged me. I was trying to buy a house that was $60k and the mortgage even with stupid high interest was going to be over $300 less a month than the cheapest house we could rent. And you're telling me that you're concerned about me being able to afford it?!! If anything it would have been better for us because it would have saved us that money to actually start paying down debt we have. But no.
I hope things start looking up for you. You need a vacation to the US. Massachusetts even. Then you could get a good nights sleep lol

1. you don't know that they're going to tell you no, getting a mortgage isn't easy even for those who have a crap ton of money and/or great credit. (i was a mortgage processor for a couple years)

2. they look at debt to income ratio, what you could/are paying in rent doesn't matter. perhaps paying down some of your debt would help?

3. talk to the people selling the flat, if no one else has shown interest, they may be willing to work with you. sometimes it helps to tell the seller your story.

good luck!

Hugs Katherine, buying is Def hard. I wouldn't give up on the application personally.

Danielle, hope dh being away doesn't upset isis too much.

i have been to out of hours gp today, Eddie had/has a temp of 39.4 once drugs wear off, not good. But she couldn't find anything obviously wrong. He's got diarrhoea so she thinking a tummy bug is causing the temp. Fx'ed it goes fast as we got next to no sleep last night, even Co sleeping.

My poor sister eventually had her little girl today at 5.45pm weighing 7lb 11oz after an awful time with bleeding, pitocin and ending forceps. Her DH said she was an absolute star throughout it all & he was more of a wreck! Had my first cuddles & I'm in love. She's adorable. :D Can't believe I'm going to have one in like 7 weeks time! Madness!

Aww lovely sazzles hope they are both well considering the time that she had. Does the little on have a name yet??

Katherine, I don't know the process in the UK but if its anything like here in the US its a serious pain in the ass! They ask for all sorts of information even if you're getting a loan from your bank. I would continue with the process until you get the end result. There are a ton of hoops to go through. It sucks! But in the end you don't live with your IL's. Dana's right with her suggestions. It doesn't matter what you were paying vs what the mortgage payment would be. When you get an actual mortgage its a different beast. The amount you can pay down will make a big difference too. And in the US that needs to be money you have, not money someone gifts to you. In the end, home ownership is totally worth it!

So excited Sarah about your niece! Can't wait to see the pictures from this latest baby boom on here :)

Afm, I got the results back from my thyroid test and I'm still too high so he increased my meds again. I'm feeling a little better but now I have to find a new dr, and dentist real quick. Also Isis is up for her 3 year check up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->