April Mummies 2011

Sam :hugs: Hope she gets better soon, and I hope you do too!
I had a scare this morning. Eddie has started pulling himself up to standing... usually just using peoples hands but today he got adventurous. That is to say I was woken up this morning by the sound of him hitting the floor where he'd climbed/fallen out of the cot :dohh: I've been bugging DH to lower it for a couple of weeks so that FINALLY got done today.

Also since the twins are more mobile and getting their hands EVERYWHERE, I have decided that tomorrow we are going to try ditching the potty. Toby's so good at using the toilet and I think he just uses the potty for convenience half of the time. He's even started peeing "like daddy" this month, instead of sitting down. So with emptying the potty gone, I've moved on to cleaning toilet seats/floors when he misses :haha:
I'd love for him to be fully on the toilet for when he starts nursery next month.

Hah so all 3 boys have been a nightmare today so needless to say im a bit highly strung. Dh strolls on from work and has a go at me for getting annoyed at toby "for no reason" (the actual reason being he was constantly and deliberately bashing into me while i was feeding the babies)... minutes after I left the room so as not to scream at dh, hes shouted at toby for "fartarsing around" and told dylan to shut up for crying.

Hes now had the cheek to tell me ive not put my phone down since hes got home. Hes only been home 30 mins and in that time ive been sent back and forth to the kitchen to take rubbish, fetch the mini vacuum, get cloths to clean a spilt drink and make the kids dinners. Not entirely sure where my phone fits.....

Grrrrr

Sorry

:hugs: Katherine. You need to bugger off upstairs with a large drink & have a nice long soak in the bath.

These past few days, Rex has napped & still gone to bed fine. Idk what's going on!! He's only had about 45 mins sleep each day but he's actually fallen asleep by himself which is very unlike him. Is there a growth spurt around this age or something? I'm not complaining cos I got a much needed sneaky snooze on the sofa with him this afternoon too :haha: But it's so unlike him!

I think there may be a spurt! Tobys been very tired and clumsy this week, falling asleep on the sofa before dinner 3 evenings in a row.

So my depression is in full swing again. Not going into details but I'm about ready to just give up. On everything, everyone. I wanted to turn 30 in awesome happy mode. Now I can't.

Have you been to the docs about the depression? Sounds like you need some medication to help :hugs:

then it was the wrong kind of drug. it is a bit of a guessing game for the dr so it requires patience and confidence that it'll eventually get right.

not to say it's the only solution, i'm a firm believer you need someone to talk to as well. however, i realize getting time to pee is hard enough so that might not always be available. however, i do think it's something that should be a priority to figuring out a way with the DH.

I agree Katherine, try another type. However I also bet if there was a way for you to have a couple hours off every week it'd also do wonders!

We're all ill here again, high temps and snot with coughs, I'm so fed up of us getting bugs! Alex even fell asleep on the dining room floor yesterday, without dummy or snuggly, all just went quiet and when I went to check on him he was fast asleep, never known him do that in his whole life! Got bil wedding Friday too so really hope we're better for that as Alex is page boy and dh best man :-/

:hugs: Caroline. Hope you're all better in time for the wedding. Maybe Alex is going through the same sleepy phase as Rex with randomly falling asleep!

When i had PND with toby people told me i shouldve asked for more help. When i was preg with the twins people reminded me that they would always be there to help. When I moved here 2 months ago, all my family were like "we're going to miss you we will want to host sleepovers for the kiddies and wahhh"........
Fast forward to today. I need help, ask for help and I dont get a single fucking response. From anyone. THIS is why I didnt bother in the first place.

Wish I was closer, Katherine. Toby could deffo come for a sleepover :) Will your mum not have them? She was so desperate for you not to move :shrug:

I'm back for a moment! We have ok cell phone coverage only in our bedroom so all cell phone calls and all internet stuff has to be done from here. And even that isn't great.
We told Isis that her pacifier couldn't come to new Isis house and other than the first day she hasn't even asked for it! She is still struggling with the transition but she's getting better. My life is a little strange right now too. I think I'm adjusting well though. I have the house to keep me busy for now and I'm sure I'll find something to occupy my mind once it's done :) one cute thing, our neighbors right next door stopped by yesterday just before dinner to say hi and drop off some cookies! Nobody did that in our last neighborhood. I was so surprised! And they're awesome cookies :)

Katherine, at the very least go see someone! The longer you wait, the longer you'll spend suffering. There are multiple drugs they can try but you at the very least should find a good therapist. I loved going to therapy and wouldn't hesitate going again if I found myself struggling. Can your family give you any support, I mean, if they couldn't help today maybe tomorrow etc?

Sarah, take advantage of that sleepiness! :)

Caroline, I hope you all feel better soon!

:hugs: Katherine, I saw that post and noticed no-one had replied :(, I dunno what else to suggest xx

wow to getting rid of the dummy so easily Danielle!

I've had an awful day today, alex is driving me way further than nuts, not helped that I've been up since 5am as eddie puked everywhere while in our bed.

:hugs: Caroline. I sympathise. We've not had a great day here either :( I just don't have the energy to run around after him at this stage. He was a terror at play group too :( They certainly know how to push our buttons.

My mum will only have toby not the twins until theyre sleeping through... even though she has a 3 day weekend every week (she doesnt work fridays) so she has plenty of time to recover, she still uses work as an excuse. Sigh.

I dont have time for therapy. I had to give up physio because I just couldn't fins the time. Even with MIL here she makes cakes for a living so she needs her time in the kitchen. On top of that toby starts nursery next month so fitting appointments around school runs, MILs ever changing schedule and everything else its just not possible.

On a positive note, since cutting a few teeth dylan has started to self-wean off the thumb sucking. Hoping he carries on down that path rather than getting used to feeling his teeth on his thumb... that way I'll only have to worry about eddies dummy. Yay!

Re growth spurt. Poppy is defo going through one!

Katherine sorry to hear of your struggles. Hope everything sorts it's self out for u soon. Big hugs xx

Rosie just pooped her pants. And my uncle is starting to tell me I need to find another place to live. I know we do but there isn't much I can do about it right now. Fml. I'm really starting to regret moving here.

you haven't even really given it a chance yet to say you regret it, it's not even been 2 months yet. anywhere you go is going to be difficult to get started, but i do really believe you'll find something. have you thought about doing in home daycare until you find something? that way you're bringing in money and can possibly move. is DH still working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->