April Mummies 2011

He is still working. He told them he wanted $10/he to start and they said they can't do that but would do $9 and he just got his first paycheck and they are only paying him $8.75 AND they started all the other guys he is working with at $10!
And I have an interview with the same place as a merchandiser and it starts at $10.25 which will be ok until I find something else. I am just starting to get all this pressure from my uncle that we need to find a place now and he doesn't know what we are going to do. It is getting to me. He hasn't even listed his house yet and he doesn't understand that if I go get a job at mcdonalds then I will be losing money.
Just hoping I get something better soon.

:hugs: i'm sorry it's such a struggle, but i really do believe you will both get on your feet and it'll end up being something great.

I agree with Dana, Sam. I really don't think you've given it long enough. It's always tough at the beginning in a whole new place & you do have regrets etc. cos you automatically think about your 'old' life with rose tinted glasses. Honestly, when u moved to where I am now, completely on my own, it took me 5-6 months to feel settled & stop thinking 'what if I hadn't moved'. Things will settle for you :hugs:

Oh man! My aunt and cousin keep sending me places to rent and telling me to call all the daycare places in this town or that town and ask if they need extra help. I don't even know if I want to work with kids! I'm having a hard time that will take me because I'm not certified and I can't get more school done until I get y student loans out of default so I can get financial aid again. I know they are trying to help but common!!!! And btw- we can't afford to move until I get a job. I can't work fast food because I would be paying more to work than I would be making. Nejdkdndisks. Ok rant over.

have you tried telling them that? perhaps have them sit with you and you can go over a budget together so they'll see?

:hugs: sam, I agree, have you told them straight how it is financially?! unless they're gonna look after the girls while you work in McDonalds so you have zero childcare costs! Its really hard to earn more than childcare costs, I've got a fairly good job and will only just earn slightly more than childcare costs when I go back, its stupid. Though hoping its gonna be my argument why I need to be a SAHM.

I've been dealing with stupidly grouchy kids, we've all had colds for about 3 weeks now and I'm just fed up of everyone being miserable. I can't seem to do anything right for Alex atm, yet he can act lovely when around others, so like we were at BIL wedding on Friday and he was really quite cute, but walk though the door and he's a horror. Driving me nuts. Eddie isn't feeling well either and has a severe dose of separation anxiety, even to the point of not touching me makes him cry, its wearing! and tbh I'm finding it all hard to deal with, have ended up in tears more times than I care to think this week :( xx

Hope you can get your family to see things from your point of view, Sam.

:hugs: Caroline. Toddlers certainly know who to behave for & who they can play up. The crafty little things! Hope you all start to feel better soon & Eddie's clingy phase doesn't last too long.

Hugs caro!
Hopefully Alex phase will soon be over poppy went through something similar and is now more independent as a result to in dependant for her own good sometimes!! Have had to adust our morning routine so poppy can dress herself and having to put clothes on and off numerous times coz she won't even allow us to help her put it round the right way!

I'm back ladies! Did you miss me?? I've been on holiday and used my birthday (last week) as our new new years eve, given how lousy the other one was at starting a good year!

Anyway, we stayed with friends and a holiday house. Saw loads of people, did loads of cool stuff and loved every minute. It isn't easy with a small human but it was good fun :)

So now back at work and already struggling to stay awake! Thinking hurts!

Sorry to read you're feeling low cottles :( I wish I had something practical I could do but you're too far away :( I hope someone does something nice soon.

Nearly lunchtime here, then nearly hometime ;) not that I'm counting the day away of course ;)

They mentioned that they could juggle the girls around between x,y and z places so we didn't have to pay for child care. Idk. Just more of a waiting game I guess. Upside, my mom is going to be here April 9!

well that sounds nice! i'd love to not have to worry about daycare!

I was beginning to wonder where you'd gotten to Gertrude! lets hope this new new years eve is much better than the last...can't get much worse! xx

Thanks for the hugs ladies, Alex actually had a nap today and woke up slightly more reasonable! yay. Eddie I gave nurofen to this afternoon and it improved his high pitched whinging, so somethings bothering the poor little guy. Not sure what, his temp was only 35.8...can virus' make you feel poop and lower your temp? he was dressed warmly and the house wasn't cold. weird. I don't think its teeth as he's got no other signs of teething.

xx

I cant keep up here lately!
Ollies full of a cold yet again :( he told me it makes him sad lol.

Hope everyone is well. I really need to try and get on more.

Just a quick post from me again! The internet guy is supposed to be here within an hour to install the satellite but with the snow we got last night I'm not sure he'll be able to see the markings from the utility guy. I'll go sweep the snow away if I have to in order to get internet! I'm holed up in our bedroom because it's the only place I get enough signal to do anything online and I've left Isis alone downstairs with two 6 week old kittens! I'm pretty sure they'll be scarred for life from her!
Oh and here's the internet dude! So hopefully you guys will have more updates from me now. :)

Sam, I hope you can find something soon! Child care is really expensive!

Gotta run!

Caroline, could it be that Eddie has a fever but his body is doing a really good job of lowering it with all his defence mechanisms that it's actually reading lower? Like when you shiver with a fever? Idk :shrug: Glad the medicine worked though.

Get well soon, Ollie :hugs:

Danielle, kittens?! So cute! We need pics when your internet is up & running.

I'm counting down my working days here. At this point with Rex, I was already on mat leave :wacko: I have 8 days left at work. Just a shame they're spread over 2 & half weeks. Roll on 11th April!

Also, can't believe we're heading into our babies third birthday month. Madness! Rex's party is sorted but just need to get cracking on his presents now. Internet shopping a must! What are your LOs getting? I'm thinking a big slide for the garden, a bean bag chair thing for his new bedroom, a few board games & maybe some more Play Doh cos he loves the stuff!

abby is getting a tricycle, new purse, couple pairs of sun glasses, sun glass case purse, a wall hanging for her bedroom when she actually moves in, a horse that walks and makes noise, and i think that's it. we aren't so hot financially so unfortunately this year's presents are not so great.

Dana don't say that! I bet she will be thrilled :) that's a lot of gifts :)

We might buy Aleena a swing set for in the backyard, but my DH isn't the most handy person and it takes like 3 hrs to put together according reviews online so we might not get it lol. Wonder how much she would play with it too .
Might get her a water & sand table or something like that for outside , and I just bought this cool owls in a tree wall decal for her (play) room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->