April Mummies 2011

Aw cute! Dh got bunk beds with a view to moving toby up top and putting the twins jn the double bottom bunk together. Not gonna work. Dylans a cheeky sod. Wakes up first then pokes/smacks eddie til he wakes up. And finds it hilarious.

I think maybe ive got a littlw bit of flu. All 3 boys slept through last night. Eddie woke up at 5:10am and I felt like id not even slept. I had about enough energy to sit up and drag him from the cot into my bed. Then I slept again til 9am. Then again from midday til 6pm. And its now 10pm and I need to go back to bed. Im soooo tired and everything aches and my throat is agony, my lungs feel full of damp cotton wool. So does my head. Im so woozy. My legs are jelly and my eyes are blurred and bloodshot. Muhhhh. Supposed to be a wedding tomorrow. Shite.

Katherine, there is so much crap going round at the moment I wouldn't be surprised. Wasn't hubby I'll recently? Probably the same thing :( I'm actually going to go to bed before midnight for once!!! I'm usually a night owl but feel yuck. Night nurse is your friend (but tastes like shite!)

He puked the other night. Hes fine now. Hes just spent the last hour talking at me about my depression and now I feel like im the worst mum in the world, the worst person to live with and generally like everyone would be better off without me.

Katherine, your husband is an ass. If you are depressed then he shouldn't talk to you in a manner that makes you feel worse.

Rachel, how cute! the two of them reading books!

We're getting close on getting the basement cleaned up and the barn is very close to being set up! Hubby bought a new grill for the first time and we're having steaks on Tuesday. I'm so excited for him to have a new grill! He's always had used grills, from his dad and one that we got from the free market in the Twin Cities. He's a happy man!

:hugs: Rachel & Katherine. Hope you both feel better again soon.

Sounds like the house is coming together nicely, Danielle :thumbup:

Do you know what you seriously don't need at 8.5 months pregnant?! A vomiting toddler :cry: Rex started throwing up in the night. I've had to rinse & wash everything, including his actual duvet & pillows :cry: He ended up in with us as I needed to scrub his mattress at 1am. I've literally not slept since then due to being squished up in bed :( Of course, he's woken full of beans & I feel like death :cry:

It was meant to be our last swimming lesson today as well :( We can't go once baby is here as we literally have no one to look after the baby :( Feel really bad that he's going to miss his last lesson.

Went to the docs with a cough. Came home with antibiotics and prozac. Lol.

Sarah I hope youre ok and that Rex is better soon. So many sickness bugs around at the moment.

Just heard the news about Peaches Geldof. So desperately sad. She was a lovely girl. I cant help but wonder if it was suicide and maybe post-natal depression played a part. So so sad. Her youngest is only 5 or 6 weeks older than the twins. I can't even imagine... :(

hope everyone feeling ill gets better soon. There's so much going round atm!

very cute Rachel that they're reading together.

sarah I hope the bug passes fast. Re. swim lessons I've managed to continue going and eddie sits on the side in his car seat. He lasted until 6mths without a problem, then started getting a bit cross at points but the teacher just takes alex for a few minutes while I resettle him. We've reached a point in the last few weeks that he's really not happy but I'd scraped together help where I can/ some other poor person watching their kid on the side holds him. We've alex's last lesson with me in with him this week and then he's going in on his own! Maybe you could do similar? Now rex is turning 3 soon would he not be going in by himself?

we've had 2 big things happen today!

firstly we went to speech and language assessment this morning, sooo worth going. She said he's got disorganised speech, meaning he's learnt correctly the later sounds but hasn't got sounds he should have got at a younger age. Because its all muddled rather than just delayed she thinks he will need additional help, so they're going to reassess him once more in aug/sept then he'll go to a group session to work on some of the sounds he's missing. As just needs to be a bit older to concentrate on tasks etc.

Secondly he started talking about monsters again so I seized the opportunity to suggest maybe they kept coming back because the were attracted to his dummies. He immediately wanted to put the dummies out the window! So we've left them on the windowsill for the monsters to come and get at night, he wanted chocolate left in their place and the monsters to go away. I promised they'd leave if they had his dummies. There was some mention of he'd buy more at the shops but I'm a mean mummy so said then the monsters would come back, so he agreed it'd be best to not get more. Was asleep within 15mins without a fuss! tells me its time they went, whoop whoop!! xx

sarah I hope the bug passes fast. Re. swim lessons I've managed to continue going and eddie sits on the side in his car seat. He lasted until 6mths without a problem, then started getting a bit cross at points but the teacher just takes alex for a few minutes while I resettle him. We've reached a point in the last few weeks that he's really not happy but I'd scraped together help where I can/ some other poor person watching their kid on the side holds him. We've alex's last lesson with me in with him this week and then he's going in on his own! Maybe you could do similar? Now rex is turning 3 soon would he not be going in by himself?

This thought has gone through my mind but I'm really worried that this baby will be an unsettled one like Rex was & just scream the place down. No one else has ever done it which makes me wonder if they don't allow it? But then again, I'm the only nutter who goes alone every week. Everyone seems to have a grandparent or partner with them. Clearly I'm the only person whose family all work!! We definitely couldn't go next half term anyway with my PP bleeding but I lift ask about the final half term before the summer. Unfortunately, they don't go in on their own until they're 4 round here :wacko: otherwise there'd be no issue at all cos Rex is so confident in the water.

Good luck rug the dummies, Caroline :thumbup: Glad you've had a good speech assessment too.

I can't believe it about Peaches Geldolf. I really don't want to think it's suicide cos she was such an advocate of AP that I just can't imagine her leaving those two little boys :cry:

BTW Katherine, i'm blowing up your FB with how awesome you are in hopes you'll listen to that instead of your ass of a husband.

Peaches Geldof, daughter of Bob Geldof. She had a sad event when younger, mother died. She went through some wild times but recently had two beautiful children.

Rachel your kids sound adorable! So cute :) love the idea of bunk beds.

Hope anyone ill is better soon.

Currently at the docs waiting to see this nurse. Little nervous. Also really need to puke but not ate or drank so I probably wont aha.
As for periods.. I havent had one in literally ages. Like last year.

Hope the appointment goes well, Gem :hugs:

How was your first dummy free night, Caroline?

I'm off work today, at home with my poorly boy :( He threw up all over again last night, all over his bed again. Cue having to scrub & wash everything again :cry: He had a temp through the night & then has had a few 'sharting' incidents this morning, bless him. Fed up of cleaning up sick & poo! I've run out of liquitabs!! We've been to the doctors this morning & surprise, surprise, they said that despite his ears & throat being red, it's just a virus :wacko: This happened before Christmas & we ended up back at the doctors 5 days later with a full blown ear infection. I'll be really mad if the same happens again. I can't cope with labour, a brand new baby & a poorly toddler :nope:

Anyone elses lo got toilet issues? Tobys been perfectly toilet trained for ages. We recently got rid of the potty and he has been using the toilet for a while with no problems. But this past couple of weeks hes wet himself two or 3 times. Its as if hes waiting too long to pee then not making it to the toilet in time. He starts nursery in 2 weeks and I know he'll have accidents because he'll be too caught up in what hes doing to remember to pee.
Anyone know how to encourage him to go more often?

Booked into the abortion clinic for Thursday. Probably be next week before its actually done but ill find out how far gone I am.
They wouldn't give me anti sickness tabs :(
An why do I have tears writing this!! Fml.

Just keep reminding him, Katherine? Maybe but a timer on your phone or something? Or go back to a sticker chart & reward him for dry days?

Glad they're seeing you so quickly, Gem :hugs: It's not an easy decision either way so no wonder you're emotional about it.

Gem it's no wonder you are emotional. You've barely had time to process the fact you are pregnant let alone going through the process of deciding which option to take. No-one can ever tell you what to do, but always know we are here for you to vent away, cry, laugh. Let it all out.

Gem, you are making an incredibly hard decision and if you weren't emotional I'd wonder. Like Rachel said, we're here for you!

Katherine, Isis still does that from time to time. When she has an accident I reminder her that she needs to go potty sooner because if she has an accident then she has to change her clothes, etc. probably doesn't do anything but I'm hoping she goes more often and has fewer accidents.

Sarah, I hope he doesn't get worse! I can't imagine having a sick toddler, labor and a newborn!

I'm trying to tackle our taxes today. With all the residency stuff and my business this will likely be the most complicated tax return form I've ever done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->