April Mummies 2011

Rosie is always doing great then regressing with the potty. Drives me nuts! But I think it is just part of it :/
Gem I'm glad you are being seen quickly. It isn't an easy decision and being emotional is part of it. *hugs*

:hugs: gem!

Aleena was doing great on the potty and basically didn't need diapers anymore during the day , now she is refusing to even sit on the damn thing, yep guess regressions are normal.

:hugs: gem, like the others have said we're here for you.

sarah I really hope it goes away! first night dummy free went absolutely fine thanks, didn't wake once! I think it'll be tonight that's harder as no promise of chocolate in the morning!

Katherine, we still have accidents probably on a weekly basis, every now and then he goes through a spell of them and seems to almost find it funny he wet himself :/. I just encourage him to go way more often, and don't let him do things if its been a while since he went. I'm pretty sure alex's is an attention thing at times/ getting too engrossed in what he's doing.

good luck with the tax return Danielle! don#t envy you that!

arr eddie's driving me nuts today, so whiney. Gone back to being constipated again despite being on medication for it, we're going back to the Dr's on Monday! and he's sooo clumsy, at the stage where he's just started crawling but is totally pushing his limits and keeps toppling :/.

so excited about alex's bday party, just booked a bouncy castle!

Yeah bf is gonna come with me. He came to see me today too just to check im ok after seeing the nurse. Ive had a good cry haha. He bought me a McDonald's to cheer me up :')
You ladies are awesome. I honestly dont know what id do without you all... the support here is wonderful. And now im tearing up again haha! Damnnn.

Ollies still not fully pottt trained... nursery randomly put him back in nappies then he doesn't want to wear undies. Drives me mad.
He loved his birthday party this weekend hes been telling everyone about it! Got spoilt too :)

Hows all the other birthdays been / coming along?

I seen the pics of josie. She makes a very beautiful princess!

Gem, I'm so glad he's coming with you! That isn't something you should have to go through alone! Sounds like this bf is a good one!

Well I printed off all the forms but now I'm finding so many other things to get done instead of the taxes :blush: I still haven't completely figured out how to do the part-year residency thing for Illinois since I was a full year resident in Iowa and DH was a part year resident in Iowa and Illinois and we'll be filing jointly in Illinois (and federal). We file separately in Iowa because it makes us pay less tax.

Caroline, I'm glad last night went well! Good luck tonight! Isis has only begged a couple times for hers and is sleeping like she was with it. I hope Eddie gets better soon!

why don't you do it thru turbotax.com or something? they walk you through everything and fill out all the right forms.

Poppy to has regressed with toileting. If occupied just wee's I ask her why her response is just because so have made a more conscious effort to prompt her again as I got to the point where she didn't need prompting

Eurgh, Danielle, the tax sounds really complicated :( Don't envy you!

Very jealous of the bouncy castle, Caroline! Sounds like great fun!

:hugs: Gem.

Rex's party has been booked at a play centre for a while. His bday is Easter Sunday so we're having the party the day before. Just hope I can make it & I'm not in labour! Eeeeek!

After over 2 weeks of being a complete nightmare at bedtime, Rex just decided he was going to be good tonight cos he wanted a sticker :shrug: My child is a law unto himself!! He seemed to perk up this afternoon but now has a runny bum :dohh: so I've been cleaning up poo all afternoon instead of sick. Winner :wacko:

I've been lucky with Amelia. She's been dry since 18 months and dry at night from just before 2. But that Is not normal!! My child is not normal! She acts like a 6 year old, which isn't a good thing, trust me. Whereas my boy, he regressed every so often. Thought we had a good week then, bam, back to peeing everywhere. Even now, at 5, I still have to take him for a wee at night otherwise he'd wet the bed. He's such a deep sleeper it just wouldn't wake him. He would wake absolutely soaked through. Ikea mattress protecters are brilliant. £8 for a single and waterproof.

Birthday wise. We are having a picnic outside on the Sunday. We will do an Easter egg trail and incorporate a piñata etc. Then the Monday we are at a family members caravan, if all goes to plan. Nothing big, just family. Next year we will hire a gymnastics place nearby inc. bouncy castle!!

Feel a bit crappy. Jake has the doctors tomorrow as he had a scan on raised lymph nodes on his neck. The radiographer said everything appears normal but he may have persistent allergies or asthma. As he has a chronic productive cough, I'm leaning towards allergies. Looks like the kid has my genes, poor boy lol!!!

Dana, I've used them before when we qualified to use it for free and the only good part was they e-file for you. Doing my own taxes is a point of pride for me. I've been doing my own taxes since 1994. :) If I can't figure out the residency thing I'll get a software package. If Illinois had a single website that explained things clearly I'd be excited. Every single time I go to a state website I come back more confused than before.

Sarah, our taxes here are unreasonably complicated! I hope you make it to Rex's party! Isis's birthday is the 18th so we're celebrating with family over Easter weekend. Nothing big. We'll probably wait until she's a little older and in school before we do something big and invite friends again.

Rachel, I hope Jake is ok! I've had persistent swollen glands before but not as a child. I also have several allergies.

we have a state website you can file for free on too, not sure about IL. seems everything in that state is complicated.

The babies have started waking up (grumpy) at 5:30-6am. Not impressed. I liked the 7am wake-ups!
They're sleeping a bit better at night in that theyve dropped the overnight bottle FINALLY but theyre still waking up for a cuddle so while theyre sleeping more... im not. Bit annoying!

My in laws are such assholes. Not even a call or message from 1 person of DH's family for Aleena's birthday! (Her birthday was Monday)
While every single person from my family in holland messaged me/sent Aleena stuff in the mail .
Oh well, I already knew I had crappy in laws and this confirms it again .

On another note , only 3.5 weeks to go until full term! Woohoo

i have some crappy in laws too.

they planned a 1 yr old bday for the same day as DH's graduation so he gets like 2 hours with them, and his same brother told him he wouldn't want to come watch him get a certificate anyway. and then this last weekend they went to DH's son's bday without telling him and are hiding that they went. we only know because his nephew asked him why he wasn't there.

i want nothing to do with them, they can all go back into whatever hole they climbed out of.

Long time No see everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. Haven't really gone and read anything save for what's on the first page.

Lots of stuff going on on my end. It's been 10 days since I last officially heard from Michael via email. Hopefully we will be moving to Maine in July. Our unofficial official move out with the movers is July 16th. But since it's moving season in the military (summer time is) it's subject to change if they overbook themselves.

Josie's in the process of potty training. She's super good with peeing. Super bad with pooping. :\ She's starting to hide pooping from me, because I prompt her to use the potty. She doesn't do it actively. She just waits until I am conveniently busy like eating dinner, or putting Ember to nap/sleep. Those are her favorite times to poop, or she will go to her room slyly like she's playing and then I'll hear grunting and that'll be too late. I've tried asking her why she won't use the potty for pooping and she just goes "because" and doesn't want to look me in the eyes and changes the subject. Is this normal? How can I help her if she won't tell me?

Still in school, taking Math and Psych classes right now.

Basically my mind is always on Michael, our Maine move, or taking care of the girls. I hardly EVER want to do school work but I force myself to at least look at the crap. lol.

Only a few more months left. Then this year will be over. I want to say it was wretched but it wasn't. It hasn't all been. Josie has bonded really well with my mom and step dad. I've gotten closer to two of my friends and finally severed ties with one who needed to be left behind. I've grown as a wife and mother (well, as a wife! lol).

I just really want it to be July now.

:hugs: for crappy I n laws.

Ashley, have you tried poop rewards? I know my friend did poo presents, like just cheap tacky toys for every poo that went in the loo. We did one sweet, as that motivated him more. Suddenly it'll click and she'll work out its way nicer to do it in the loo. We had tones of poo accidents from alex, sure some of it was attention, even if negative attention but I then went about ignoring him while I cleared him up and one day he suddenly announced he needed to go and went on the loo and we've pretty much not looked back!

ummm I'm covered in a rash, raised itchy red one :(, started suddenly this afternoon and seems to be getting worse, think its just hives but god knows whats caused it, sob!

I finally went to the dr for my persistent cough and it's a combination of my cat allergy asthma and the cold I had. I'm on prednisone, Flovent and the albuterol inhaler as needed. Got myself in a bad way. The steroids will fix it all though. Probably just another day of misery before everything kicks in. I've been taking an antihistamine and that has been kicking the other allergy symptoms, just not the asthma :(

Ashley, I don't know what to do for Josie and pooping, just don't force it because it can cause major problems for a very long time. Let her do it as she's ready. Bribery might help but never punish for pooping in her pants.

Sorry for the shitty in-laws!

Caroline, I hope the hives go away!

Katherine, I'd take an early morning over a night waking!

Oh I got our federal taxes finished, now I just have to do states. As usual, we owe federal tax. Oh well, I'd rather have it and have to pay later. The later I have to give the government my money, the better :)
Dana, Iowa allows you to e-pay or enter your refund but you have to mail them the return. They have free filing but only up to a certain income level and we're above that.

All this tax talk confuses me!

With the poop training, I chose a week when we had very little happening and did plenty of naked time. He pooped on the floor the first time then decided hed rather it went on the potty. We gave him a sweet each time to start with then gradually stopped that too.

I'm getting quite used to the 6am wake-ups. Well. Sort of. Im really not a morning person but at least theyve dropped the overnight bottles. They're still waking up for cuddles but I put them in the bed with us and go back to sleep. Easier that way!

Sorry about the rubbish in-laws, girls :hugs: Mine aren't amazing (spend way more time & money on SIL's kids) but they're not horrendous either.

Rex was waaaay slower to poo on the potty than to he was to be dry. I think it freaked him out that something so horrible came out of him :( But once he got over that with lots of reassurance that everyone does it etc., he was ok. Bribery is definitely the way for toilet related things!

Taking of poo, whatever virus Rex has has decided to settle in his digestive system now cos the poor little man has diarrhoea now & keeps following through :cry: I hope to god that next week, he's free from illness. I could do with a break from cleaning up sick & poo before baby comes.

Hope your rash clears up soon, Caroline :hugs:

6am get ups are the norm for us, Katherine. I have to get up at that time on my 3 work days anyway to get us out the house by 7.30 so I guess that just became Rex's normal wake up time. On my days off & weekends, if I sleep til a time starting with a 7, that counts as a lie in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->