April Mummies 2011

Well, I'm sending you MASSIVE internet thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Really hope everything goes well tomorrow, Gertrude, and the results get through quickly. :hugs:

We're having a long weekend at my parents'. It's so nice to be looked after :haha: Rex is having a ball with his favourite person - grandad!

Back home again. That was mightily unpleasant tbh. Much more uncomfortable than the amnio was but then I guess I knew what was coming. More aches too but I'm curled up on the sofa whilst my OH goes to KFC for lunch :)

The consultant though we might have the results Thursday but it could be Friday depending on how the cultures grow. Then if it's bad news again I can ring the bereavement midwife and book in again hopefully for next week.

It's hard because last time I knew how it was going to go, I never doubted it would be anything but positive. This time I just don't know and it's horrible. The consultant measured the NT gap which was 2.3mm but I know from my own reading that doesn't mean anything really, babies can still have downs with low NT measurements, so I'm not holding on to that.

We heard baby's heartbeat afterwards so I'm just going to rest until the results come back. We have asked to know the gender this time. It took a week after Lily was born to know if she was a girl or boy (it wasn't physically clear at birth) and I don't want to be in that position again.

I hope these next few days go by quickly and you get good results. :hugs:

i dont understand what you had today if it wasn't the amnio? i hope these next few days go really fast!!

i dont understand what you had today if it wasn't the amnio? i hope these next few days go really fast!!
I had the CVS this time, amnio can only be done after 15 weeks and I didn't want to wait, so instead of sampling the amniotic fluid they sample the chorionic villi instead (the placenta). CVS can be done between 11 & 14 weeks.

glad today is over for you hun, hope the results come through Thursday and good ones! xx

Glad you got today out of the way gertrude. Hang in there xx

Im frustrated to buggery just now. All the boys have this really mucousy chesty cough just now. Seems to be part of a viral infection that started with toby and also resulted in diarrhoea. The twins now have it so theyre coughing til they throw up and are getting through nappies like nobodys business. Ive been in their room with them for an hour. In that time we have had 7 poops, 2 pukes, a mega tantrum and a mozzie buzzing round my head. (Make that 8 poops- bollocks.)
The twins bums are red raw. Dylan has sores where his bum is bleeding from acidic poop.

I thought it was hard with 1 poorly kiddo. Sheesh.

After tonight im totally ready for chickenpox. Bring it on.

I don't think I would jinx myself like that KJ, lol.

Is the DH helping at all? (tho i'm sure i know the answer to this, i'm asking anyway)

He gave me a lie in this morning and has taken the boys to softplay this morning so I can shower in peace. I KNOW!!

I put away my mountain of washing. With music on. MUSIC! Rare treat these days.

I saw your pic of mister maker.... have fun? :haha:

How lovely!
Yeh butlins was brilliant as was mister maker. Poppy was so excited to see him and the shapes lol

Thinking of you Gertrude! I hope the results come back good and quickly!

KJ, I hope the boys feel better soon! At least you got some peace and quiet.

I can't believe how nervous I am about talking with a group of 40 3rd-6th graders today. I'm talking to them about dyeing and color. I'm totally unprepared. I'm just hoping to get through the 20-40 minutes cleanly without letting them sense my fear ;)

I booked a vacation for us for our 8th anniversary (we're bringing Isis too). We're taking the train to Albuquerque, NM with a sleeper car. We're planning on going to Monument Valley, hiking to some pueblos and hopefully find a new wedding ring for DH since he lost his a couple years ago. Our wedding rings were made by a Navajo silversmith from New Mexico. I'm excited! We'll be taking tons of pictures of a very gorgeous area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->