April Mummies 2011

Hes now on different antibiotics and steroids. Doctor wouldnt even take a swab for whooping cough.... said it might be asthma attacks so come back when hes 3 (hes currently 14 months!!!) and get him checked.

that's so awful, I'd take him back to the gp this week and if he has another attack like that straight in. It's hard to give little babies asthma meds I'd imagine but not impossible x

Oh bless him 😕 I would take him back to GP Monday if no signs of improvements over weekend x

You can't demand a swab for whooping cough?! Seriously?! I can't believe they wouldn't just do a quick swab.

Hope Dylan is a bit better today.

Think my Eddie has hand foot and mouth :-/

Ugh! Caroline, I hope it's not too bad! Isis had that when she was little but I didn't realize what it was because she only had a few blisters. I just thought it was a cold like all the others until all her friends came down with it and had major blisters.

Hfm has been going around like mad over here this year too, one bonus to Abby never being at daycare is she hasn't gotten it. Sure hope this coming year doesn't prove to be trouble. I hate other ppls sick kids. Actually, I've really just started to not be a fan of other ppls kids in general, tho I know it's the parenting I can't stand.

Yes Dana , Aleena has been going to play groups and I can't stand when others bring their sick kids

I'm a mum that does take the kids to places sick, cos we'd never go anywhere otherwise, generally one or the other has a snotty nose. Obviously if their properly ill i wouldn't, but if Eddie is well in himself come tues nursery policy says he can go back, despite maybe still being contagious and i guess because he was contagious before coming out in the spots, I guess once he's well in himself he maybe isn't likely to be contagious. He'll have caught it from there last week though. I have a feeling he won't be well enough to go Tuesday but then not only do i miss work and not get paid or waste a days holiday but i still have to pay for the nursery day he's not using. So if he can go, he will.

He's come out in even more spots today t h ough so thinking we'll be making a trip to the dr tomorrow just to check whether it def is hfam, as if it's chicken pox then he can't go back until they've all crusted over, don't think it's pox though

That's why I only do in home day cares. If she's not there, I'm not paying. Those policy's breed sick children and it's ridiculous. I've been spoiled and I know that, which is why I say this next coming semester is going to be interesting.

Being exposed builds a healthy immune system though. Dh wasn't in daycare because his mom was home and he's gets every single cold including ones that don't even touch me or Isis. It's part of life. its easier for them to be exposed earlier in life than later.

After more than 2 weeks of being puked on, not sleeping, looking after 3 poorly kids, I finally broke down momentarily and had to step out of their room to have a little cry.
Dh was as helpful as ever.

"I'd offer to take over but im falling asleep"

OH WELL ID OFFER TO NOT PUNCH YOU BUT MY FIST IS FLYING AT YOUR FACE.

I may not have actually said that. Or punched him.

This non stop crying and screaming and coughing and puking is getting me down. I csnt think straight. I want to run away.

Well. Dh now has the twins because I got so fed up that I threw a bottle of water at the wall so he told me to fuck off. Lets see how long he lasts...

you just need to leave and let him figure this out.

and i would have told him and/or punched. you need to stand up for yourself.

i'm aware danielle she needs to be exposed, and she does/has. my godson is here every day during the week and he's given his fair share of colds etc to her. i'm just not a fan of kids of ppl i don't know because i know she would never send him over here with a disease that was super awful (like HFM), and i can't say that of most parents since they'll just send their kids because they can't afford to take the day off or whatever other excuse is. ppl are disgusting here.

I'm a fan of exposing pickle to stuff tbh. It did bother me (especially sick bugs) but quickly realised I was swimming against the tide :haha: so now I'm less fussed. She's going to get sick so may as well get it over with. Some parents also don't realise what the cause of the illness is, esp with stuff like HFM where symptoms can be so mild that you don't notice.

cottles, I'll say it again happily. Your OH is a wanker. I know this doesn't help you but I hope you realise that not every OH would behave the way yours does. If mine said he was tired in that situation he would also know I would rip him a new arsehole.

Your OH is an equal parent to those kids and should fucking start acting like it and not your fourth child. And you need to believe in yourself. You are under an immense amount of stress, not aided by the person who is supposed to have your back. It's time he grew a pair tbh and stopped acting like a spoilt child.

I suspect your kids are also, as well as being sick, reacting to your stress. It's totally normal and nothing bad, but should be a sign to your dickhead husband that he needs to step up and be a good Dad, which is more than just the bare minimum.

Throw that water, call him a wanker, because being nice about it doesn't seem to change anything.

I'd also go on strike tbh. I've done it before and it worked to show how much I did. I'm not far off it atm but given we (me and my OH) react differently to stress, and considering the tests last week were pretty stressful, he has a period of time in which to buck his ideas up or there will be a row. A lovely shouty name calling row. :blush:

HFM isn't that awful, can be worse I guess but like Gertrude says some kids get it v mildly! Eddie's is medium I reckon. I've just phoned nursery and he can go in tomorrow so long as he's well in himself, they're contagious before coming out in symptoms so they accept them once they're well, see it as a mild condition. Oh but they weren't at all surprised, apparently HFM is going round nursery atm, especially in the baby room! :dohh:, guess we know where he caught it though!

Though I'd def rather we got some of these things over while they were young, Alex had chicken pox young and it was quite mild, plus its over with now. I'd quite like Eddie to get that one over with too, though we're off on holiday in a few weeks so not just yet ;).

Katherine, hope you got some rest. I'd totally flip if my DH shouted at me when I'd been up with nights on end with no help. Mine has worked out I'm a lot nicer person if he gives me more time in bed, I feel so much better in myself and our relationship is better for it too xx

See? How hard is it to tell parents it's going around so I have a choice on weather or not my kid is around it ? I was around kids, i have a very healthy immune system but never had any of that crap.

Whatever I've made my point. None of these stories are making me any more ok with ppls nasty kids coming to school and giving it to mine.

See? How hard is it to tell parents it's going around so I have a choice on weather or not my kid is around it ? I was around kids, i have a very healthy immune system but never had any of that crap.

Whatever I've made my point. None of these stories are making me any more ok with ppls nasty kids coming to school and giving it to mine.

We're on the same page Dana :thumb up:
Totally agree with you

See whilst I don't agree about the illness, I do about other people's kids :blush: I'm not a great kid fan tbh. If I know them it's not so bad (mostly :haha:) but generally I can't be doing with them.

:rofl: Gertrude. It does annoy me sometimes, like playdates if you're not pre warned the kids got a horrible cold, most of the time I just go with it but sometimes if you've something planned coming up that you'd rather not deliberately expose your kid to the bugs then its annoying!

Nursery wise, we are usually advised of outbreaks of stuff, but I believe the first kid to go down with it did so last wed, so it probably hadn't actually hit the managers office to inform people when eddie was last in, and realistically I cannot take them out of nursery every time somethings going round just incase they catch it. Would probably never be at work ;).

Have decided I'm going to take him tomorrow and see how he goes, he was alright mostly today (as you see by the fb video of him climbing the slide :dohh:), I'm not 100% convinced he'll last the whole day as they'll not give calpol unless he has a temp, but even if I can do some of the day at work it's better than nothing. I got a lot of things I've promised families i'll sort for their kids that I haven't done yet, if I don't do it this week it'll be delayed yet again :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->