April Mummies 2011

See? How hard is it to tell parents it's going around so I have a choice on weather or not my kid is around it ? I was around kids, i have a very healthy immune system but never had any of that crap.

Whatever I've made my point. None of these stories are making me any more ok with ppls nasty kids coming to school and giving it to mine.

See whilst I don't agree about the illness, I do about other people's kids :blush: I'm not a great kid fan tbh. If I know them it's not so bad (mostly :haha:) but generally I can't be doing with them.

up until I had abby i was a huge fan of kids, in fact i wanted to be an early childhood teacher (pre school but for kids who have some sort of disability like potty training or swearing). now? no way. it's like having my own kid cured me, lol :haha:

Sorry Sam!

I've never really liked kids. I absolutely love my little girl and can't imagine my life without her. But still now when someone has a baby I'm not begging to hold it.

I'm in that boat today Cottles.
I've got an interview on the 5 as an instructional aide for an alternative high school

Sorry Sam!

I've never really liked kids. I absolutely love my little girl and can't imagine my life without her. But still now when someone has a baby I'm not begging to hold it.

i'm sort of the same way now. my "nephew" (bil son) was born last year and while i enjoyed holding him, i didn't attach myself to their house like i normally would have. it's very weird. i've always been baby crazy for as long as i can remember i've wanted my own baby so i always scooped up whomever's i could possibly get a hold of. now? i feel sort of meh. very weird how age and life changes us.

I think its also partly because you HAVE your chd. You dont have a void you feel the need to fill with other people kiddos. Im kinda like that.... but also totally broody at the same time, go figure.

Day 18 of kids puking now. I'm getting extremely fed up. Eddies lost his voice, Dylans losing his whoop but could barely breathe last night for a moment and tobys.... well toby. MIL, SIL and DH have apparently been talking about toby being potentially"on the spectrum" or at least adhd because of some of his ticks and mannerisms. I dont think it matters but its still bloomin frustrating when he goes into sensory shutdown and cant be snapped into communicating.

Maybe that is the reason. I used to at least somewhat enjoy holding babies. I basically was begging my sil to let me hold both our niece and nephew.

I don't know what to say KJ. Something is clearly going on with those boys! Can you have Toby assessed?

:hugs: Katherine, no idea either. Is it worth going to the gp and expressing some of your concerns?

sorry you didn't get the 2nd interview sam :(.

totally know what you guys means about holding other peoples newborns, it's still nice but I totally don't feel the need to hold them the same way I used to.

AFM, Eddie's totally refused the boob the past few days, couldn't initially decide if its his HFM, but he's nearly over that now and still refusing. Just grinned at me tonight as I offered and made zero effort to latch. Then was happy to have a cuddle, for a good 10mins (Was lovely!), popped him to bed, he grizzled as he got comfy, grabbed his water and went to sleep. So wasn't ready for him to wean this young, and feel kinda sad about that, however its much nicer doing it this way rather than with alex he was made to stop the morning feed around 14mths as I didn't really have time before work, then the evening at 18mths went to bed without it and I then made the decision to stop, but the next 2 nights he wanted it again. Be nice to have my body back though, I've been pregnant or breastfeeding since july 2010!

Caroline, it sounds to me like a nursing strike because of the hfm but if you don't mind weaning him now then go for it. :)

I've been debating to push cutting back on bf but she is doing it on her own. I know I will be sad when it stops but wow.
As for Toby, it might be worth it but holy shit I had a rough day with Rosie and I think it might be the age.

I had a very hard day with Rosie. Where is my sweet little girl?! I'm not used to this and I actually put her in the room and walked away while she screamed because I was getting so angry. Sigh.

Just got back from a week in Cornwall today. I've never been down there before. It's a bit of a trek for us but it was so worth it. It's beautiful! We stayed in a big house with MIL & FIL, SIL, her hubby & their two kids. Rex had a ball with his big cousin & he absolutely loved the beach & sea. Leo wasn't so keen but he coped, bless him!

I have caught up but most of what I read has gone clean out my mind. Sorry! I'm knackered from the journey home, unpacking & starting the washing mountain :wacko:

One thing that did stick was what Caroline said about being pregnant or BF for 4 years!! Wowzers!! FOUR years?! You deserve a medal, lady!

Sarah, I forget that I can take certain medications now because it had been so long since I could take them. Between pregnant and nursing was 3 and a half years or 1275 days! Not as long as Caroline but long. :) I know a woman who has been pregnant or nursing for close to 6 years. Too much for me. I'm really enjoying having my body back!

We took Isis roller skating today and other than she was cranky because it's her non existent nap time I think it was great. She didn't go on the rink much, mostly on the carpet. She got to where she could do it without holding our hands on the carpet. Then we went to dh's work to pick sweet corn for freezing. Isis loved the corn and was eating it straight from the field like crazy! It was so cute to see her chowing down on an ear of corn.

Haha I've been pregnant and/or nursing since August 2010 , so that's 4 years as well :)

Sounds cool, roller skating , don't think Aleena would even attempt lol

I have has a 4 month break from pregnant or nursing since July 2010.

I didnt bf so I got off lightly... but I did have 3 babies in the space of 26 months. So in a way I'm kind of relieved that I got my body back for a little while in between pregnancies!

I had a looking stretch of having my body back from October 2011 til July 2013! 6 month BF is enough for me! I know it's bad to say, but I don't really enjoy BF :blush: I've done it to give them a good start so 6 months is my max.

Although Leo has practically gone on nursing strike the past 2 days so I'm not even sure I'll get to 6 months with him. Think he might be teething but it seems too early so idk :shrug:

a baby on the May 2014 baby forum already has 2 teeth!!
So it could be teething.. Layla has been drooling an awful lot but it's probably not teething related. Not sure as aleena never really drooled much period.

Haha Eddie is a May 2013 baby and he still only has two teeth! Amazing how different they all are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->