April Mummies 2011

Dana nobody is here to judge :)
You expressed your opinion and so did I/we.
Not judging you, just saying I don't agree with it.

It's one of those subjects that not everyone will agree on. I like to see people's reason why they do Vs why they don't.

Personally, I have in a dangerous situation where I completely panicked and reacted in fear. Felt shit afterwards, mind. Think that scared them more than the initial dangerous situation (running towards a very busy road!)

Enjoying the summer holidays at the mo! Amelia is becoming such hard work now. Her stubborn personality is getting more stubborn, even if that was possible?! Her starsign is Taurus. Stubborn bull. She lives up to it!

I've spanked Isis. I'm not proud of it. In fact I don't like doing it. For me it is the last resort for discipline and I'm working on better solutions. It is a matter of how you raise your child, never a judgement. Same as all the other differences on raising a child. I was spanked and I really didn't plan on spanking Isis.
So anyway, I can't believe the growth spurt recently! Isis is now almost 39 inches tall which is 4t and I accidentally put 3t pants in her closet. I'm so upset that I didn't organize her room earlier! I'm hoping with the cool temps we've seen that means we'll have a cool fall :)/) and she can wear those pants.

It's funny cos Amelia looks slim and is very svelte like, but she is in age 4 clothes. I never realised either! Must be some serious growth spurt going on. She has a uk size 9.5 feet so not abnormally large. I guess she will be tall and skinny, until she has kids, like me, then she'll keep her child-bearing hips. Like me. Lol!

Poppy is tall and skinny to she needs aged 4 trousers but can still squeeze in to age 3. She has a set of 5-6 pjs not hat you would know that as they for perfectly lol

wow some tall girls around! alex still wears a pair of age 1.5-2yr shorts :rofl:, though he wore them at that age too, they fit better now! and another pair of awful trousers the mil bought that are age 2-3, far to short really now but he loves them :/, they might have to get 'lost' soon! Otherwise he pretty much fits age 3-4 now, trousers have to be adjustable or elasticated though or they fall down.

Rex has really shot up recently too. Was looking at my sister's wedding pics from this time last year & he's so different. Last year he looked like a toddler still. All chubby cheeks & squishyness. Now he's a proper little boy. Long legs & skinny. He needs 3-4yr trousers for the length, but like Caroline said, if they don't have an adjustable waist, they fall down :dohh: He's only so skinny cos he never stops. And is usually too busy with other things to eat much :wacko: Hea a grazer!

I don't mean to go back to spanking. I just wanted to state that my approach to it is something like recovering from it. It is something of an at my wits end approach. But i'm looking for other alternatives. I'm still trying to let me myself believe that leaving the situation completely and coming back in a moment is okay. I'm one of those parents who can't get it out of my head that I can leave my children to deal with their emotions while I cool down. It really all depends on what has been going on in the house. But it's definitely not something I "go to" and it's definitely something that I am working on with myself. I wonder what about the UK makes it less spank acceptable. Like do practitioners discuss it with parents?

Josie's having her growth spurt now. All her 3T pants are suddenly high waters. Even the ones I thought were long. I measured not long ago and she was 38.5 (probably a week ago). It'll be interesting what she is in a month.

We baby proofed the stairs so I feel calmer with Emmie running around. Speaking of Emmie..... she's teething like crazy right now and of course she's waited to until Michael left on training travel to let the demon out. She's been crying basically all day today. I can't decide between comforting her more and losing my mind. She's crazy. One minute playing and without warning the next crying her eyes out.

In cuter news- I'm fostering a momma cat and kittens. Josie can't play with them yet until Momma cat gets settled, but she certainly wants to.

Casey, that's my approach as well (spanking). I love those kittens! So cute!

Isis is super skinny too and I have to massively adjust the waists. The 4T pajamas I just bought her keep falling down but they would be the right length if they stayed up :)

We're heading out Friday on the train! I'm really excited but we just decided to totally change it up at the last minute. Luckily we haven't made too many arrangements so no cancellations necessary. We were being to ambitious on places we were going to go and we were worried that we'd spend too much time in a car.

Yep- and the night is the worst. Ember is fighting sleep like a champion. Josie is going crazy cause she doesn't want to sleep alone and isn't comprehending that as soon as ember falls asleep she can quietly sleep in my room too. As long as she doesn't wake ember up and falls asleep too. So she's losing her mind outside my door.

It just so happens that this is the way my children act when it's just me. Is it because they know it drives me crazy. That this level of stress is a serious trigger to me? I just wish I was stronger sometimes.

I so believe kids act upon how an adult reacts. My two are constantly bickering. "muuuum, so and so has hit me". "Mum, she did it". "No, he bit me first!". It's usually at this point I feel like losing it, after the twentieth time that day!

That's a tough situation! Isis is usually worse for me when it's just us. I think she is just messing with me tbh.
I struggle most when she's being defiant to see how I'll respond. That little gleam in her eye as she does exactly what I told her not to do. I'm pretty selective about what I don't want her to do, like safety matters so I kinda feel like we shouldn't have nearly the fights we have. I am working towards no spanking/no yelling. It's a work in progress.

4 more sleeps til our big train ride! I have one more hotel to book and tomorrow a couple maps and a travel book should arrive. My reading material for the train :)

What is your train ride all about? Michael wants to do something similar, so I'm interested.

We're taking the Southwest Chief (amtrak) from Galesburg, IL to Albuquerque. Its an overnight trip (23 hours) so we decided to get a sleeper. Its not cheap, about $300 more than a flight and when you consider the experience, seeing quite a bit of the countryside instead of flying over it, I figured it was worth it. We'll be in NM for a week and then we hop back on the train for the return trip. With 4 people if you wanted a sleeper you'd have to go up to the largest size. The one we have sort of sleeps 3. Isis and I will be sharing the bottom bunk, but its only two nights total. We've been planning on doing this for years and I finally just planned it and booked it :haha:

Oh i've been looking at train rides for years. I want to do one with Josie so bad. They are definitely not cheap and I would never go for anything less than a sleeper. I think amtrak even sells scenic rides for those who simply want the experience. I think i'm going to do one soon, but definitely not this year.

So I'm going to see a counselor soon. My anxiety is peeking again, and I'm feeling really overwhelmed and stressed out past the max. Michael says he doesn't understand why now after I've been alone for a year and so strong. I got kind of upset about that, but I didn't say anything. I know he doesn't really get it so I let it go. Also I think it's hormones, I started getting like this when Josie was about 9 months. I am starting to wonder if it's PPD but later into babyhood. Is that possible?

Anyway- I'm considering anti anxiety meds, but not the daily kind just the as needed kind. I just need to find some that are breastfeeding safe and also not a sedative or one that I can take while bedsharing. Might be a challenge. We will see.

It might help just to talk to someone. I don't think Michael meant it like that. Men don't think like women and say things poorly sometimes. In their mind it sounds perfectly logical. I'm not a dr or pharm but I remember Xanax not being an option. Dh's on a one a day now for anxiety but I'm not sure if it's approved for nursing. I hope you find something that helps! Amtrak has a lot more options if you live in the NE :) my FIL doesn't fly so my dh has traveled quite a bit by train and car. We both love train travel. I took the train once from Minneapolis to Chicago so I didn't have to drive by myself. It was pretty neat.

I've decided I need a new carrier for Isis on this trip so I'm finally (3 days before we leave) cutting into a wrap I bought to make a larger carrier. We plan on doing lots of hiking so I don't want to be held back by a tired LO. I have a couple curtains to sew up real quick and then I'll get started on it!

Xanax isn't an option for me anyway. It gives me horrible mood swings and like a "hangover" feeling. I used to take klonopin but I think I read it's not safe with breastfeeding. So we will see.

The only person I knew on klonopin slept a lot. Could have had more to do with her dosage though. I just hope you get what you need to feel better!

I hate it when dh says that I really need to get the house in order and I think it's pretty clean. I don't mind that he's asking me to clean since we both love coming home to a clean house after vacation I just feel like there's something I'm missing. Anyway, I guess I'll be getting the house in order tomorrow and trying to make a carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->