April Mummies 2011

I had my gastroscopy on Monday. It went ok! They tried to encourage me to not have sedation but I was like "Hell no! I don't want no recollection of it!".

In fact they did the sedation, stuck a oxygen tube up my nose (that was an odd feeling) and asked me to close my eyes. At this point I was thinking nothing is happening?! Next thing, they put a guard In my mouth and I saw this flashing light come towards me. I started to laugh and tried to say it was like being at a disco, but my mouth guard and sedative made me sound pissed! I must've passed out at this point, and roused when I heard the word Ulcer. Next thing they are bringing the camera up and I can hear someone retching. That was me and I suddenly came to. It was ok-ish and I'd have it done again, but not in a rush! They also numb your throat. That is an odd sensation too.

Results were all ok apart from a raised fold in stomach which indicated a healing ulcer. So they biopsied it to see, and tested me for coeliac disease. I reckon the ulcer was caused by Ibuprofen as I was on it for my bad back at the beginning of year, and all my indigestion symptoms kicked off after that. So I won't take NSAIDS without a PPI now. The ulcer caused all my symptoms and I hadn't a clue. Scary!!

wow Rachel, glad it looks like the ulcer was the cause though! can LO#s get ulcers too just out of interest? with nurofen? hope it all settles for you now and biopsies come back clear.

the train round sounds amazing Danielle! love to do something like that when eddie is older, atm it'd just be hard work lol.

we#re off to visit my SIL this weekend. really looking forward to it :). Gonna have a room rearrange though and put alex in with us so eddie can go in their box room as alex gets sleeping now lol, we won't disturb him nearly as much as we would eddie.

I've had a right day of kids pushing my buttons today, they've both totally been on one, tomorrow I'm actually glad to be going to work lol! xx

Sorry you had to go through that! DH just had to have a colonoscopy. Not a pleasant experience! Hopefully its as "simple" as the ulcer.

Rachel rhat sounds horrid. Hope they found the problem though and its nothing more than an ulcer thats getting better by itself xx

So today is jabs day. Babies are having their 13 month and toby is getting his boosters. Urghhhhh. Dh is being dragged out tonight too so I'll have to do bedtimes with groggy post-injection kiddos on my own this evenjng. Good times! Think I'll be getting extra calpol in :haha:

hope the jabs weren't as bad as you feared Katherine! eddie has his on Monday, initially he was fine but he was rather cranky yesterday and has been sick a couple of times today.

Have people got nice things planned for the bank hol weekend in the uk? we're going to visit my SIL, and its our 7th wedding anniversary on sunday...wow!

Caroline, our 8th anniversary is on Monday :) our weekend coming up is Labor Day and we'll be spending it finishing our vacation to New Mexico.

Our trip has been awesome so far and we haven't even left the train! I know train travel isn't that exciting in Europe and UK but in the US train travel is unusual and romantic! We have a sleeper room so we have some privacy and a place we can sprawl out. Last night dh passed out at 9 and he ended up sleeping on the bottom bunk with Isis. I was going to cuddle up with them but the top bunk was rattling so badly I decided to go up there to sleep so the rattle would go away. I should have just shoved our carry ons up there. Oh well, dh doesn't get many cuddles.
We're only a few hours from our destination now. I'll be posting pictures as I can on Facebook. Data is limited out here so I won't be able to be totally connected.

I do believe anyone can get an ulcer as they can be caused by a bacteria called H Pylori. However, you'd know in most cases if you had one!! Mine appears to be caused by ibuprofen but I was taking it for a while for a bad back and it was a pill. That's why it's better to take something soluble at least. I doubt a liquid neurogenic could cause an ulcer in a child. Highly unlikely. I was just unlucky!!

Danielle, your train ride sounds so fun!! I'd love to go on a sleeper train!! Wish I had done rather than te long drive we just did (which is nothing in comparison to te miles you could cover in the US, but still!) I drove from Surrey to the Scottish Highlands, was going to share with hubby but ended up doing it all myself as I quite enjoyed it! Bit chilly here, but looking forward to going to the beach root row and spotting some Dolphins.

We did it over two days. 4.5 hours first day and 5 hours second. Let's just say the DVD players were a godsend and I did a game where we had to do bingo. When you found one they won a prize!

Wow! 9.5 hours in the us is nothing! :) our train ride was 23 hours. That's why a sleeper was absolutely necessary!we just had an awesome dinner in Santa Fe this evening unfortunately for me dh passed out as soon as we got back to our condo and I'm less than pleased since now I once again have to Isis to bed alone. I'm tired too but someone has to put her to bed. I just get pissed because he acts upset that it happened but doesn't change his behavior. I'm not going to put him to bed tonight maybe he'll figure it out.

Ok, I caved and put him to bed because today we had a huge hike planned so I didn't want him to have back pain and after all he's just a dumb man ;) oh and today is our 8th anniversary! In a few weeks we'll have been together for 12 years! I can't believe how time has flown by! We're heading out to dinner very soon to celebrate. Tomorrow we're doing more hiking. In fact we'll be hiking almost every day the entire trip. Wednesday we're doing a driving tour with stops along the way with hot springs and natural arches.

Sounds gorgeous Danielle!! I love doing things like that although it's harder now as my 2 just bicker and don't enjoy traipsing everywhere. Well, one does the other doesn't!!

We are off to the beach again. Glorious sunshine up here.

It's incredible here! Our trip today went through terrain I never even knew existed! It was incredible. We saw cliff dwellings, petroglyphs, pine forests, high altitude, etc. tomorrow we're going to water falls and hot springs. We're checking out of the condo and back to a regular hotel (we're so spoiled here!). We're heading back to Albuquerque tomorrow. We have a friend there so we'll be hanging out with him and doing more hiking. We also found some natural arches (rock) so we'll be chasing those down.
This is right up there with Puerto Rico as the best vacation I have ever had!

God that soubds fantastic.
Im on a downer again. Almost all the plus size bloggers in the country are at an event this weekend except me. Which is just as well because Tobys having a bad week. Both he and dh have been referred for ASD diagnosis (keep that off facebook though). I feel like I dont understand anyone at the moment because suddenly all the things that previously got my goat have become acceptable because "oh well its just the way his mind works"
My depression has been all but forgotten about amongst all the other stuff so im dealing (or not) with that on my own and living on 2 to 3 hours sleep a night. Dh took thw twins last night but slept through their crying that woke me up from the other room. I switched beds 4 times trying to settle everyone. And to top it all off my hair is falling out. Im so not ready for that. I love my family to pieces but im getting ill trying to look after and make allowances for everyone but myself.

Please dont think this a dh bashing sesh. He tried to take the twins last night he just couldnt do it. I just need to get all this out so I can stop crying long enough to tidy up the living room. And breathe... ....

:hugs: Katherine, what a lot to deal with. Maybe if one or both of them get an ASD diagnosis you might at least get some help to deal with some of the stuff you have going on. So hard your boys don't sttn for you still :(.

wow Danielle sounds amazing your trip!

good for you Rachel, all that driving would have killed me!

our trip to SIL wasn't the greatest, just from a point of them being super house proud, the boys just weren't allowed to do anything, couldn't eat at the table incase they scratched it, couldn't run cars across the floor anywhere but the snug carpet incase they scratched it. Got told off all the time for just being kids. Was nice when we weren't in their house though, just a bit tricky when we were! My BIL I reckon has OCD though, so that didn't help. oh and they just didn't get out of bed, which I found a bit rude when you have guests, fair enough don't get up at 6.30, but maybe by 8? we did nothing for our anniversary either as there was zero offer of help, but never mind we got to spend time with the boys :)

Families are just weird though aren't they :haha: My brother and I are like chalk and cheese in how we approach life! I would LOVE to have a house big enough that they could stay but I suspect we might kill each other in the process.

Katherine I'm sorry things are so tough. Although your fb post of him having the king size and you with the boys in a double made me see red. I think you need to seperate the potential diagnosis from the fact that he is just a bit of a knob.

It's my 20 week scan on Thursday and it can't come quickly enough. I'm sure I'm feeling baby kick more and more and I just want to know that they seem to be OK physically. I'm hoping I can relax some more as soon as I know that. I also need to have a bit of a row and demand to see my consultant. I quite like making a nuisance of myself :blush:

Hope you can keep yourself busy til thursday gertrude. So lovely that youre feeling kicks though!

Ok, today is husband bashing day. Ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->