April Mummies 2011

Sorry why has he brought the twins down?

And why does he want to home ed?

In an ideal world would he just tie you to the kitchen sink? (this may be unfair but really I have a great dislike of the man)

If he tied me to the kitchen sink I wouldnt be able to reach the washing machine!

He admitted he can't deal with the twins alone. Thats why he dumped them on me. I got them to sleep eventually and slept in a bed with Dylan and Toby. We had a terrible night but guess who got to sleep in.

The home ed thing.... he is dyslexic. He spent his whole school life basically being told he was stupid and he rebelled getting himself into all kinds of trouble. This has obviously left him with a bad view of the school system believing that they let him down and he doesnt want the boys going through the same thing. (I had a great school life so I cant see where hes coming from at all but there you go.)

I'm dyslexic too, and thankfully the systems around and understanding are so much better than when we were at school they shouldn't have the same issues. In fact tbh they won't anyway as they're different people.

Why is it OK for him to not cope with the twins, but he expects you to be able to do it? There is a serious power imbalance in your house and he's at the top of the wanker tree.

What about working as a team ffs? One twin each, esp if Toby is asleep?

Not to mention how could you be expected to home ed 3 boys on your own with his level of support?

My OH is away for pretty much the whole of this month with work. He's home for 2 hours before my bedtime tonight and heads off again in the morning. He knows that if he dares to say he's tired I shall rip his head off and stick it up his arse. He'll help with pickle (sometimes I need to tell him to but that's just because he's not so good at initiative I've learnt) and be kind. I wish you had a nice one too :(

It's the school nursery class, Katherine. Foundation 1. We're effectively using our free childcare hours for him to attend 3 hours everyday in term time. The nursery classroom is in the same building as the F2 (reception) classes, separate from the main infant school so it's a nice transition into school for them. He seems to be enjoying it! Happy to go in everyday, doesn't mind me leaving & big smile on his face when I collect him. He still won't tell me much about what he's been up to though :dohh: It's tired him out though. He was fast asleep in bed at 7.15 last night which hasn't happened for a while. It's been more like 8pm.

As for the home schooling thing. That's a huge undertaking. Dyslexia is absolutely not treated like that anymore. There's so much support for children with additional learning needs & teachers HAVE to meet all groups' needs & HAVE to be knowledgable about every child's needs.

Oh my pregnancy brain
Had to go into nursery 3 times when I picked poppy up. First time I picked up a cardi that wasn't her took that back then left her bag there and then left again and she needed a wee so back I went! Nightmare

I *may* have found a preschool for Isis! I just need to see if they have a spot for her this year or if I have to wait until next year. It's nearby enough that I would have 2 1/2 hours by myself three or two days a week, depending on where there's a slot. I would want 3 days if possible. This is the best option I've found so far!
We had a friend come over this week with her 10 month old. Isis loved playing with him. Man he was into everything though! I don't remember Isis being like that. I'm sure she was I just don't remember it. Our house was destroyed after a couple days of the two of them playing!

I just found out from a friend that there should be at least a Tuesday thursday slot available and it's supposed to be a good school! I can't wait to call on Monday to get her enrolled!

I couldn't handle doing home school and I only have two kids! I'm like "hurry! Daycare!"
I hope you can get Isis in!!!
Rosie started preschool and I'm so happy for the time I have to do what I need to.

I'm not sure who's more excited about going to school, me or isis! Lol! I'm waiting on a call from the woman who does enrollment but it looks like they do have a Tuesday/Thursday slot available and if I can get the enrollment packet done in time she can start tomorrow! Hopefully I have all the info I need for it.

Ladies sorry this is a personal question but .. have any of you been "done"?
I've got my pill check tomorrow and want to come off my pill because I think its partly responsible for my mood swings, hair loss, etc. But the only pill that I've ever had that I got on with is not available to people of my size. Sooooo im thinking of goingndown the sterilisation route. You all know by now that dh is the sort of person who wont do it himself so its down to me.
So for those who have (if any).... how has ir affected you? Im bloody terrified.

Poppy makes me laugh. She's far to intelligent.

She said to her dad. Dad watch out for the milk spillage. He replied it's not a milk spillage it's from your yoghurt. Her reply yes I know but yoghurt is made from milk!
Hahaha

I have a couple friends who have had their tubes tied or the coils placed. If you need someone to ask I would be more than happy to ask them if they would talk to you on FB?

Wow, Sam!! That was surprise news! Congratulations!

Katherine, I've actually been researching it. There is noway I can cope with a third baby. Not even if I could guarantee it would be a girl! 2.5yrs of pregnancy & BF is enough for me! DH won't go for the snip (he's a dick!!) & I don't want to be on hormonal contraception until the bloody menopause!!

Woah congrats Sam!!

Yeah my dh wont go for the snip either... I've been off my pill for 4 days now (cosleeping is contraception enough at the mo lol). I can already feel myself levelling out. I was on noriday and hated it. It did its job in the wrong way- I was constantly angry, lost my sex drive and im fairly sure its contributed to my hair loss but I wont kmow for sure until its out of my system.
I sort of hoped dh would back down if no pill = no sex but hes adamant about avoiding "unnecessary" procedures (ie why bother if I can get done instead).
Im terrified about the cost of reversal though if im one of the unlucky ones that has hormonal side effects or evil periods. It cant be reversed on the nhs and its a £4k procedure. So im not rushing into anything. Its too important to not think about it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->